Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 15 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 04:24 PM   #91
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

ya i was wondering if the colour match grill and spoiler were somthing special about this car. i'm not a huge fan of it but it does set it apart.

also would love to see the pics that HOUND took last night, to see whats other classics this place may hold.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-22-2006 at 04:28 PM.
hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #92
Hound
V-Dub in da House

Send a message via MSN to Hound
will post them in a second, just hosting them. Quality isn't great as i had to up the brightness so you could see stuff.

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:54 PM   #93
BMWags
6th Gear Member

its like the bubble M3....just a 6 series lol
BMWags is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #94
Hound
V-Dub in da House

pics:
The Orange 6:

The Keys:

07 GTI, Revo Stage II, 3" catless GHL exhaust, OEM R32 rear conversion, 17x9 + 17x11 215/45/17 all around on genuine BBS RS's, B&G RSII coilovers

96 Harliquin Golf

Last edited by Hound; 09-22-2006 at 04:57 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #95
Hound
V-Dub in da House

more:

96 Harliquin Golf
Old 09-22-2006, 05:06 PM   #96
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

thanks alot for the pics. this kinda thing reminds me of when they had that big muscle car find last year in wisconsin. obviously on a smaller scale but still pretty cool.

wow the 5 still has a ton of dust on it as well as some hand prints on the rear deck lid. the 6 looks pretty clean now though. the dolphin blue 3 series seems to be plated and in one of the pics there seems to be some fertalizer or somthing on the floor on the left. seems like this guy has somthing for the 6 series cause it looks like he has about 3 of them there under that one roof as well as that mint 5 series in the showroom.

even that pic of the pic of the gullwinged M1 concept car is dated back to 1970. i bet even it is worth a few bucks to the right collector. i bet there are even model brochoures still floating around the place hell there are also offices upstairs. place is probably filled with memoribilia.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-22-2006 at 05:20 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:09 PM   #97
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

I would like to take a tour of the place to step back into time if I only knew the owner.
The whole thing is strange but it is very intriguing. Alot of questions come to mind in unravelling this bit of mystery but I'm sure there's an interesting story behind all this.

If I was a writer for an automobile magazine Id follow-up on this story and make an article about it.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:14 PM   #98
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
ya i was wondering if the colour match grill and spoiler were somthing special about this car. i'm not a huge fan of it but it does set it apart.

also would love to see the pics that HOUND took last night, to see whats other classics this place may hold.

We have to remember that back in the 80's coloured grills were special options that higher end Bimmers and Merc's had. If you remember the old Miami Vice, you'll notice all the top cars back then that the drug lords had were AMG such as the Hammer had body coloured grills.

This distinction back then denoted all the very high-end high-performance cars. Ofcourse it may look silly to some now but you really have to think of that era and the cars back then.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:31 PM   #99
atm2000
3rd Gear Member

wow.. this was a great read. it felt like i stepped back in time.
atm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 06:39 PM   #100
Hound
V-Dub in da House

those interested in checking this out, we will get a group of people interested this evening at the Woodbridge meet and do a cruise to the dealership, i will bring my camera and take some pics.

96 Harliquin Golf
Old 09-22-2006, 06:41 PM   #101
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadUpp
I would like to take a tour of the place to step back into time if I only knew the owner.
The whole thing is strange but it is very intriguing. Alot of questions come to mind in unravelling this bit of mystery but I'm sure there's an interesting story behind all this.

If I was a writer for an automobile magazine Id follow-up on this story and make an article about it.
your probably correct with the colour match grill this 635 has got to be totaly decked out with pretty much all available options.

ya your right a story or tour about this place would be awsome. Maybe should get a bimmer publication to look into it. or even the wheels section of the toronto star.

i mean look at all the people on here that have bits of the story, or may have talked to the owner years ago when the place was still in business. but there is still so much unknown about both the cars and owner (some say the owner went on to own downtown BMW which apparenly went out of business, others say bmw ended his contract and he went on to do other things.)

I'm suprised that no one has come forth saying they purchased their BMW from citation or may have worked there as a sales person or mechanic. if anyone has any personal experiences at the dealership feel free to say it.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-22-2006 at 06:48 PM.
Old 09-22-2006, 06:49 PM   #102
Hound
V-Dub in da House

im gonna see if i can't look more into it...

96 Harliquin Golf
Old 09-22-2006, 06:55 PM   #103
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hound
those interested in checking this out, we will get a group of people interested this evening at the Woodbridge meet and do a cruise to the dealership, i will bring my camera and take some pics.
I dont know if i can make it to Woodbridge tonight, but if you guys go (to the dealership) let me know, i'll joun you there!!! Call me @ 416 821-2578!!!
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 09:41 PM   #104
Ian Sheppard
2nd Gear Member

Great thread! Too bad there are no M cars. Imagine if there was an E30 M3, E28 M5, or an E24 M6! I'd bet someone would pay 80K for a brand new 20 year old M car.

As far as the maintenenace on the car, I can't imagine anyone buying it and actually driving it, so its probably a non issue. I sure wouldn't pay 80, and then rack up the miles on it. If I wanted one to drive, I'm sure there are plenty of well maintained ones out there for a fraction of the price. Who ever pays 80K for it is likely going to stick it on dispaly somewhere...That said the "bubble" E30 M3 ended up as a track monster!
Ian Sheppard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 12:05 PM   #105
M3ti Compact
Fuel Efficient 318 Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadUpp

Hey man, the big guy we saw in there was the owner.

After you left, he came out and asked us what we were doing...we asked if we could go in and take some closer pictures of the white 6, he said no because it was dusty, but did let us into the back garage area, where he keeps an equally prestine and absolutely flawless black 635csi.

He also told us that the grey E30 that used to be out front, which is now sold, had over 750,000 kms on it...on the original drivetrain!!!! But judging by the way he keeps that black 6, I wouldn't be surprised.

His name is Helmut...seemed like a pretty nice guy...and for people who want to go and take pictures- no problem, just let him know ahead of time- he would clean the cars up for you to do so!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: