Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-22-2006, 04:43 PM   #76
E302NV
3rd Gear Member

Ive never been in the dealership myself but the person that offered to buy the 6 has. It is very well maintained by the guy himself. He has sold off 2 of the cars in i guess about the last year no idea what they sold for though. The person I know only wants that 6.
E302NV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:44 PM   #77
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

So what if it is a climate conrolled building....so if you sold your base on the mainting it and get you are one lucky guy or girl....I said I am not trying FIGHT with anyone, sorry if you think so....

Last edited by paul christians; 09-22-2006 at 04:46 PM.
paul christians is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:46 PM   #78
rodo
6th Gear Member

he would have to sell it for a lot more than 80,000 to make a profit I think... Think of the rental costs + expenses to maintain that building, now add that to the initial purchase price of the vehicle, plus all of the interest this capital (car cost+building expenses) would have accrued over the last 20 years in a bank account accumulating say 4% annually

2010 Expedition

Objects in mirror are farther than they appear Only in a BMW

rodo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:47 PM   #79
rodo
6th Gear Member

im willing to bet its Daryll Budd who wants to buy the 6er

2010 Expedition

Old 09-22-2006, 04:49 PM   #80
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

to be honest i would have some major reservations about the car, if has been in a climate controled environment at least some of the seals in the engine and rubber pieces as well as adhesives for trim peaces may be alright but with sevear heat and cold in canada it sounds like the 80k would only be the first expense of many.
hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 04:51 PM   #81
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

rodo, you may be right there...I will say this thought it is a sweeeeet ass car thought.....
Old 09-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #82
E302NV
3rd Gear Member

He owns the building so there is not any rent he has paid but deffinitley maintenance would add up. The funny thing about selling cars is its his he may never sell it and he may never care. its worth 80 to him and if he does not get that he does not sell it.

The person that offered to purchase the 6 choose to remain unknown.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:52 PM   #83
rodo
6th Gear Member

think of how rusty the endine is internally... I dont know about cars, but airplanes you should fly them AT LEAST 1 hr a week because its not good for the plane to sit around. Now imagine that car... unless he flooded the engine with oil, I know they do that on planes, but is that normal for cars too?

2010 Expedition

Old 09-22-2006, 04:53 PM   #84
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

When I looked inside I carefully check out the tires and these are the Pirellis and to drive on those after all these years I would guess that the rubber may not be good but just looking at them they still appeared as new as you would buy brandnew tires today. the first expense would be the changing the tires. I dont really know about the seals but a complete check would have to be carried out.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:55 PM   #85
rodo
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by E302NV
He owns the building so there is not any rent he has paid but deffinitley maintenance would add up. The funny thing about selling cars is its his he may never sell it and he may never care. its worth 80 to him and if he does not get that he does not sell it.

The person that offered to purchase the 6 choose to remain unknown.

You are very very wrong there... from what I understand he uses this building for the sole purpose of storage of these 3 cars, at least the 6er right? So he is paying monthly rent, in the sense that he is foregoing a loss in terms of opportunity cost. He is using the building to store the 6er INSTEAD of renting it out for lets say $1000/month for the sake of argument. So he is foregoing $1000 a month by storing the car/s there.

PS: im SURE is him who wants to buy the 6er... who else would be interested. And since you work for them you would know. BTW you work in sales at budds bmw right? Whats your name? Maybe ive seen you around there

2010 Expedition

Old 09-22-2006, 05:04 PM   #86
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

i would also assume he ownes the building. in the 80's most of this part of oakville was empty fields accept for the lakeshore and maplegrove areas. besides the place looked like a dump for 14 years untill recently. The reason it looks so abandoned is because there are dead potted plants on the dealership floor and some there is still stuff in the offices (scattered tables chairs) as well as things like coffee makers and stuff in plain sight. oh and all the classic merchandise sitting around. no one would bother renting this property out to this guy. they would have hiked the rent long ago to get rid of him. that land is far more valuable if rented to a light industrial company espically with its proxcimity to the qew.

But it also seems as hound pointed out he has some other's in the back that he keeps out of plain sight. but you never know those could be doner cars or the last trade in's he recieved at the dealership before it went out of business. My guess would be he folded the business and sold all the assets to his person.

Last edited by hotwheels; 09-22-2006 at 05:13 PM.
hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:05 PM   #87
E302NV
3rd Gear Member

I do work for Budds' my name is Geoff. Come buy for a coffe some time whiel your here. Out of respect for the persons wishes I can disclose the attempted buyer Im sure you understand. Hell for all I know hes still trying to get the car. lol
Old 09-22-2006, 05:09 PM   #88
rodo
6th Gear Member

actually im going to budds collision right now to pick up our car

2010 Expedition

Old 09-22-2006, 05:16 PM   #89
RNDLTS
1st Gear Newbie

A fully optioned 635csi could have gone out the door in 88 for as much as 60.000 U.S.
An M6 for even more.
RNDLTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2006, 05:22 PM   #90
///Maluco
5erholic

That is one nice E24.

It may look flawless, but it will not be 80g's worth....this is no muscle car at Barrett Jackson. Even at half of that...it's still a load of coin. I'd sink my coin in a classic Alpina or CSL first for any type of classic BMW investment.

Another item to note....I surely haven't seen any factory delivered E24s with painted to match grilles...it looks like poop IMO.
Other than the m-tech spoiler which is partly painted and partly black, the smaller spoilers are also best kept in black too.

BTW...the last year E24 '89 M6 that sold at Automega which had only 800kms which someone had spotted not to long ago went for a steal compared to this 635CSi......and that one I would consider NEW!

If that 635CSi were mine...I'd keep that bad boy too....maybe buy new grilles first

Bimmer Mag......................October 2010.....................Issue No. 93
///Maluco is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: