Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 07-24-2008, 07:02 PM   #121
328trackrat
2nd Gear Member

My brother owns a 2003 Celica GTS and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a performance shop that has experience with Toyota. Or a Toyota specific performance shop.

Preferably west end but any recommendations are appreciated.
328trackrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:30 PM   #122
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

If looks like someone above showed off their WIFI connection and hot coffee huh

You come to our shop, you will have a nice air conditioned waiting area with PS3-grandtourismo and xbox360 and COLDCOLD drinks waiting for you!
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2008, 10:30 PM   #123
mario09
Adrenaline Junky

don't know if i missed the page or what but what do these places charge for labor per hour.
cause some people, like me, need to live and do things on a tight budget, so labor per hour would help.
mario09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:00 AM   #124
bimmerlvr07
Motor Head

BIMMERSPORT 4 LIFE....with out a doubt the best BMW specialty shop around

bimmerlvr07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 12:06 AM   #125
Boots R
Boots, not boost

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario09 View Post
don't know if i missed the page or what but what do these places charge for labor per hour.
cause some people, like me, need to live and do things on a tight budget, so labor per hour would help.
You act like you're the only one with bills to pay.

Call up the shops and find out, but it shouldn't matter.
Boots R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:39 PM   #126
JPower24
Sittin Sideways

If you're in barrie North Star Motors at tiffin and ferndale is a great place.
JPower24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 09:28 PM   #127
EVIL M3
1st Gear Newbie

Best Shops

Two awesome shops in Oakville. (Auto Evolution) speak to Robbie and (Cross Ave) speak to Sam. These guys don't play games, they get the job done.
EVIL M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 05:13 AM   #128
BMWFORLIFE
Technoviolet Shifting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotsabimmer View Post
Recommendations for Kitchener???
ya get out of Kitchener....l

My vote goes to RMP
Old 02-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #129
325vert
1st Gear Newbie

First things first Ė Iím new here and to the sport so I should start off by saying Hello and thanks for all the great info.

I just picked up my 1st BWM last summer, a beautiful black 325. I really like this car, itís my summer toy, and I want to take it to the right shop. Iíve noticed many posts for Bimmersport and RPM, but these are in the east end. Iím a little further north and I was wondering if there is anything more central (407/400) or north of the city (Barrie). I have spoken to Bavarian motors in Markham and EA engineering automotive (Dinan supplier), they seem knowledgeable but I have yet to have an experience.

This topic is very important to me, as Iím thinking of adding a chip, intake, water pump, and maybe an exhaust. I know weíre to post only positive reviews Ė so feel free to e-mail me if there is something I need to be aware of that you canít post. Thanks
325vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:19 AM   #130
CaptainGomes
2nd Gear Member

Welcome aboard - you can definitely try RMP (not RPM), as they are located at Steeles and Highway 27, which is just by the 407. The service I've received there has been excellent, and the prices are very fair. Give them a shot!
CaptainGomes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 11:55 AM   #131
325vert
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for correction; RPM just comes so naturally to me. Iím thinking of driving out to see EA, Bimmersports and RMP, and go from there. I may also call or e-mail for their recommendations on the above parts/install and see what they come back with. Iím sure they will all likely recommend different products (all good stuff I'm sure) and I will probably need some help from the forum to figure out what's best - nothing like getting the goods from daily drivers. I just wish there was something a little further north/central.
325vert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2009, 05:40 PM   #132
dman
1st Gear Newbie

Thumbs up RMP Motors - Great work

I took my car to have power steering pump replaced and I was impressed with Rocoís work, he is a great mechanic who seems to know what he is doing. From the girl who handled the call giving the quote and doing the work all the way very professional, clean work, clean shop and quick turn-around.

I will definitely recommend RMP. Rates could have been little better but defiantly you will save about 30 - 50% from BMW ďstealersĒ charges

Great work Roco, looking forward to giving my car to the capable hands like yours.

A double thumps up.
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2009, 09:58 PM   #133
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Sorry if I missed it on a page, but this is a long thread.....Any recommendations for the Hamilton/Burlington area? I have a couple places in mind that I've been to, but I'd like to hear what others think.
Nick_V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 01:10 AM   #134
Porter86
shiftin gears

Send a message via MSN to Porter86
Thumbs up Auto Evolution

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVIL M3 View Post
Oakville. (Auto Evolution) speak to Robbie
tell him Matt from discount sent you there, and rob will give you a deal, not that he wont already. They do awesome work, and good prices, hes always got business so i find he doesn't cut prices to bring business and than raise it later when business picking up. there enough business to keep the rates the same all the time and doesn't have to play to the market and when everyone is charging higher he wont be. He ,and two of the other mechanics, use to work at cross ave auto, and are licensed BMW technicians.

Robs taken great care of my truck for the couple months i've know him, and the guys there, and he's helping me out a lot with getting my into a 3 series. He saved my dad almost 600$ in repairs from what his mechanic quoted him, and they were the exact same repairs!

Auto Evolution
1071 Speers road
4th line & speers rd.(in the same building as discount car and truck rentals)
Rob McKenzie
905-842-8200

Nick V I would really suggest making the drive out to oakville. Ask for rob and tell him matt from discount suggested him to you!
Let me know if your going to go, and when you plan to.

Last edited by Porter86; 03-30-2009 at 01:16 AM.
Porter86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 05:01 PM   #135
Garty910
1st Gear Newbie

RMP Motors

Took my car to RMP after reading the positive posts about them on this forum.

Great guys, great job done. Wont be going anywhere else from now on.
Garty910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: