Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 3.67 average. Display Modes
Old 03-23-2012, 10:50 AM   #196
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the reply. How are their prices and customer service?
wc123wc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 03:08 PM   #197
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

I just called them and the lady was very friendly. I am seeing them this evening. I was also advised on another thread to call Mister John and I did and the lady was VERY, VERY friendly! I am seeing them tomorrow!

(Both in Toronto)

I also called Auto Trend for mechanical work, but the man was not friendly at all and sounded more like a scammer than a mechanic! I asked him how much inspection costs, and he asked what car I was bringing in. I told him an e39 and he said, "$900-$1000!" When I explained to him it is only a check-up he said $113 because the checkup will take him an hour and he charges $113/hr. (RMP Motors charge only $80 and it takes them only 30 minutes!) He said for $900-$1000 he will change every filters, etc; buy how can he say that when he hasn't seen the filters yet? The strange thing is that the auto trend website is offering a spring special for $205, while he wanted to charge me $1000 for "changing everything!" So unprofessional. Not going to see them, and don't recommend them.

I am still looking for a mechanic along side RMP Motors. Not that RMP Motors is not good, it's just that I am seeking a second opinion before I go ahead with the maintenance.
Old 03-24-2012, 07:30 PM   #198
///M_AMAZIN
2nd Gear Member

I take it to a buddy of mine down at eglinton/dixie, who also owns a e46.... Knows his stuff and takes care of beemers... thats satisfaction

///M_AMAZIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 03:28 PM   #199
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Does he have a shop? What's it called? How are his prices and customer service?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M_AMAZIN View Post
I take it to a buddy of mine down at eglinton/dixie, who also owns a e46.... Knows his stuff and takes care of beemers... thats satisfaction
Old 03-26-2012, 03:38 PM   #200
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wc123wc View Post
Does he have a shop? What's it called? How are his prices and customer service?
Maybe try a few other shops that are sponsors on max? Will give you a good second opinion.

Bimmersport
Stance Factory

Both come to mind depending on your location. It wouldn't hurt to call for a quote to see who get you the better vibe from.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:40 AM   #201
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Bimmersport
Stance Factory

Both come to mind depending on your location. It wouldn't hurt to call for a quote to see who get you the better vibe from.
Both shops are way too far from where I live. I live in Scarborough but more inside Toronto than the outskirt of Scarborough (very close to Fairview mall). Any other suggestions

And I am still looking for a reasonably prices body shops. I am not looking for a complete rebuild of the car/panels, but just some touch up work. Any suggestions?
Old 03-27-2012, 09:38 AM   #202
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Both shops are way too far from where I live. I live in Scarborough but more inside Toronto than the outskirt of Scarborough (very close to Fairview mall). Any other suggestions

And I am still looking for a reasonably prices body shops. I am not looking for a complete rebuild of the car/panels, but just some touch up work. Any suggestions?
If you live close to 401/404, Stance Factory is not that far away and worth the drive if you ask me.

For body work, people say good things about Rich @:

Luxury Auto Body & Collision Inc.
26 Chauncey Ave.
Etobicoke, ON M8Z 2Z4
Tel: 416 233 0768
Fax: 416 233 6292
Email: info@LuxuryAutoBody.ca
Old 03-27-2012, 10:00 AM   #203
2bmw2
Banned

Check out Alphawerx Auto for body work also. http://www.alphawerxauto.ca/
2bmw2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 01:54 PM   #204
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2bmw2 View Post
Check out Alphawerx Auto for body work also. http://www.alphawerxauto.ca/
I called them and the gentleman who picked up was very friendly, and answered my questions patiently. They also do inspections for $49 (a limited time offer?), which is cheaper than RMP Motor's $80, and Auto Trend's $113.

I will go to them soon.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:03 PM   #205
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Ok, so I went to Alphawerx and I can't say enough good things about Darren. He is an all around amazing guy: professional, thorough, patient, very approachable, and very, very friendly. I am taking my car for repairs to him from now on.

Before I took my car to a very popular shop and they were very professional too, but Darren's is much friendlier. He inspected my car for 1.5hrs and I forgot to pay him and he didn't mention the payment! He even went to test drive it (the other shop did not), and found the vibration and pulling problem I noticed, but I did not tell him so he observed the same thing on his own. (The other shop did not find these problems because they did not test drive the car, and only did an in-shop inspection.) He even allowed me in the shop to show me what is wrong (unlike the other shop), and he told me what is priority and what it is not. His prices are cheaper too.

If you are looking for a mechanic, you really have to give Darren a try.

Alphawerx does body repairs too, but if you are looking for body repairs you have to try Impera (Rick Impera). He is by far the nicest person I've dealt with (apart from Darren) in a very, very long time! He was so nice, I immediately knew I wanted to deal with him. His prices are very reasonable too. Mister John quoted me $700-$800 for the rear pumper, Prochilo Brothers, quoted me $400-$500; I can't remember Rick's quote but I do remember it was cheaper! He even told me to try to fix one of the bumpers on my own because it looks like it is an easy fix, and if I can't do it then bring it to him and he will help me out! He quoted me $550 for painting both M bumpers and M side mirrors--not bad, I would say. I think he has a 5 years warranty with his body work, and he has over 30 years experience. Must give Rick a try specially that the estimate is free (as is with all body shops).

Colorworks is another body shop you won't regret dealing with.

Last edited by wc123wc; 04-04-2012 at 04:05 PM.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:55 PM   #206
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

strange when i bought my car they didn't charge me anything went through the whole car. It's sad but Don the owner has his good and bad days and that may be effecting his business the techs are amazing there just the owner is a whacked sometimes other than that Rmp is not that far same with stance factory

I also called Auto Trend for mechanical work, but the man was not friendly at all and sounded more like a scammer than a mechanic! I asked him how much inspection costs, and he asked what car I was bringing in. I told him an e39 and he said, "$900-$1000!" When I explained to him it is only a check-up he said $113 because the checkup will take him an hour and he charges $113/hr. (RMP Motors charge only $80 and it takes them only 30 minutes!) He said for $900-$1000 he will change every filters, etc; buy how can he say that when he hasn't seen the filters yet? The strange thing is that the auto trend website is offering a spring special for $205, while he wanted to charge me $1000 for "changing everything!" So unprofessional. Not going to see them, and don't recommend them.

I am still looking for a mechanic along side RMP Motors. Not that RMP Motors is not good, it's just that I am seeking a second opinion before I go ahead with the maintenance.[/quote]
BmW1819 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #207
wc123wc
2nd Gear Member

Don was off that day, so I spoke to someone else. Anyway, I am very happy with Darren's quality work and friendly services at Alphawerx, and I definitely don't mind going to RMP Motors (Rocco really knows his stuff!). It's just that Alphawerx is much closer to me than RMP Motors.

Quote:
strange when i bought my car they didn't charge me anything went through the whole car. It's sad but Don the owner has his good and bad days and that may be effecting his business the techs are amazing there just the owner is a whacked sometimes other than that Rmp is not that far same with stance factory
Old 04-20-2012, 12:55 PM   #208
330zhp
1st Gear Newbie

Anyone have rocommendations for a non-stealer shop to get my 2005 serviced in the Muskoka area... or Orillia or Barrie if that is the best I can do?

New to the forum... thanks for any help.
330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 01:03 PM   #209
330zhp
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPower24 View Post
If you're in barrie North Star Motors at tiffin and ferndale is a great place.
I saw your note about North Star. I am looking for a reliable place other than the dealership to get service done on my 2005 330cic. I'm a new owner so want some recommendations from those experienced. I'm in Muskoka but perhaps this is the nearest to me i'll find? Thanks for your previous note and if you have any leads on something further north please let me know.
330zhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #210
Deep 3.2TL
6th Gear Member

Quote:

Dude - I drove from MILTON for Stance... You're not far at all...

2007 Z4 3.0si
Deep 3.2TL is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: