Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-20-2002, 10:57 PM   #1
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
Angry Got Taken On A Engine!!!

Well Just when I thought I have had all I can take I buy a 92 325I engine & tranny for my e30 and the engine I get is shot!!
After about a week of arguing I got my money back ....LESS the shipping of coarse. BUYERS BEWARE......Some private deeals are not what they seem...I asked for compression test #'s and oil pressure ...and they sent them to me and THEY were all fake.
So if anyone knows where to get a good engine and tranny from a 92-96 let me know
Jase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:04 PM   #2
ROB89M3
6th Gear Member

Ask Will Zaraska (nicely hung guy). He is in toronto.

here is his engine for sale.

click here

Last edited by EMPOWERD; 10-21-2002 at 07:50 AM.
ROB89M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 11:09 PM   #3
mkgino
6th Gear Member

That's already sold.
Old 10-20-2002, 11:25 PM   #4
Jase
twisted beyond reason

thanks

Thanks for the reply rob
If it is sold I just keep looking or just put a stock engine in( If I don't find one) .That would suck.No power in a 318i engine
Old 10-21-2002, 10:24 AM   #5
djcontra
Gets Blown Daily

Send a message via ICQ to djcontra Send a message via MSN to djcontra Send a message via Yahoo to djcontra
ouch that's horrible!
Was this off ebay or an internet ad?
I'm glad you got your money back, in situations like that it's really difficult to get the other party to fess up to their con.

'94 Supercharged E36 325is (150,000 original km's)
Mods
-Vortech V9 G-Trim @ ~10psi w/ BOV
-Shortstack headers
-Vortech RRFPR
-255LPH Walbro fuel pump
-TEIN SS Coilovers w/ Pillowball mounts
-Keskin KT1 17x8.5 & 17x10
-Remus full catback
-Authentic Rieger Infinity I body kit
-SMT6 EMS (Untuned)

djcontra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 02:09 PM   #6
BLACKKNIGHT
2nd Gear Member

There was an m50 engine at Autocraft in kitchener (519)746-2277
Im not sure if it is still there. it was a month ago..buttry... the guy is a real loser though..tries to rip you off ...but see how much he wants for it anyways
BLACKKNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:04 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

why not put that M3 engine in there? thats 1 hell of a deal considering its euro-spec!! if i were you i'd get all the money i can just to get that motor...you can even bolt the SMGI tranny on there (wouldnt recomend it tho). you are gonna have to use the S50 ecu i guess not sure since the s52 (the motor im sayin to get) is OBDII and your car is OBDI. good luck man!!

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 05:25 PM   #8
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Re: Got Taken On A Engine!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Jase
Well Just when I thought I have had all I can take I buy a 92 325I engine & tranny for my e30 and the engine I get is shot!!
After about a week of arguing I got my money back ....LESS the shipping of coarse. BUYERS BEWARE......Some private deeals are not what they seem...I asked for compression test #'s and oil pressure ...and they sent them to me and THEY were all fake.
So if anyone knows where to get a good engine and tranny from a 92-96 let me know
there is a ton for sale on www.turnermotorsports.com in the classifieds.. call around to the wreckers, you never know
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 07:09 PM   #9
Jase
twisted beyond reason

lookin but nothin yet

I have phoned a bunch of wreckers and haven't found much.I want to keep to the well known wreckers so I don't get taken for a ride again. I anyone has any ideas other than new or state side pm me
Thanks
Old 10-21-2002, 07:11 PM   #10
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Re: lookin but nothin yet

Quote:
I have phoned a bunch of wreckers and haven't found much.I want to keep to the well known wreckers so I don't get taken for a ride again. I anyone has any ideas other than new or state side pm me
Thanks
check this thread...http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/show...1807#post51807
Old 10-21-2002, 07:40 PM   #11
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Thanks for the thought but that engine after exchange and shipping from california would not be worth it to me I want to spend about 1500 on a engine or I will just rebuild my 1.8l and slap on a s trim vortech sc or NOS*devil*
Old 10-21-2002, 09:43 PM   #12
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Thanks for the thought but that engine after exchange and shipping from california would not be worth it to me I want to spend about 1500 on a engine or I will just rebuild my 1.8l and slap on a s trim vortech sc or NOS*devil*
i doubt you'll find a "m" engine for that...let alone a m50...plus a vortech is going to cost you huge bucks...nos is cheap but the heads and piston rings you'll blow wont be..
Old 10-21-2002, 10:19 PM   #13
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

m3 engine!! im telling you, why rebuild your current motor (3-4g) plus blower (5-7?) when you can get as much with just all motor and like half that price! plus man...when you get more money you can put a blower on this engine..think about it.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2002, 11:26 PM   #14
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
m3 engine!! im telling you, why rebuild your current motor (3-4g) plus blower (5-7?) when you can get as much with just all motor and like half that price! plus man...when you get more money you can put a blower on this engine..think about it.
i agree...start with a newer stronger motor...
Old 10-22-2002, 12:28 AM   #15
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Why does it have to be a bmw engine?? You could probably find a corvette motor or something crazy like that, and then no one could touch you!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: