Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-09-2003, 02:19 PM   #31
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
I was talking to a friend who works at a car security shop here in Toronto. Apparently the best way to secure the emblems is to get an alligator lock on the back. There are 2 pins that go into the body of the car... on the other side, you cut little teeth on the pins... (apparently there's a tool that will do this).. then you just secure the lock across the two pins and the emblem won't budge. The thief will end up breaking the emblem before they get it off...

.. which in my opinion is better. If I'm going to lose it, I'm going to lose it anyway... but I'd feel better knowing they didn't end up with it.

Here's how my hood looked once upon a time.. *sniff*... now it's two holes and a mess of 3M tape that won't come off in this cold weather...

Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 02:23 PM   #32
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I know it is bad to say but it could have been worse. At least you don't have a huge scratch or dent from them trying to take it.too bad you cant mold that thing into the car somehow.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:18 PM   #33
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

no don't secure it - they may do damage to your paint trying to take it off . . .
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 08:04 PM   #34
SeRb
Don't shrink me Gypsy!

someone stole my ****ing MAZDA badge like 6 months ago. . .
what the ****, who steals a mazda sign. . .

luckily they put a new one on after my car was rear-ended by that bitch driving a bus

if u find out who it is,
tie the ****er up and round a bunch of us up so we can have some fun. . .

i'll bring the nail gun
SeRb is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: