Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-08-2003, 07:36 PM   #16
crazyvadim
6th Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to crazyvadim
I got my M5 emblem stolen 3 times before i just finally gave up and now i have a badge less M5,bad idea though not to have that M5 badge because now i have everyone trying to race me since they dont know which 5 series it is
crazyvadim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:44 PM   #17
WASABI
OG

Put a new one on, park your car outside and wait for the focker to steal it again, you'd be surprised how many thieves return to the scene of the crime.
WASABI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 07:49 PM   #18
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
actually.. I'd say that may even be a good idea!

what year is that?
Justin e36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #19
nvr2much
2nd Gear Member

well speaking from the law side of this... if there are no witnesse sthen ruining his car is smarter then just beating the **** out of him... I've learned this a few times
Old 12-08-2003, 08:01 PM   #20
nvr2much
2nd Gear Member

well speaking from the law side of this... if there are no witnesse sthen ruining his car is smarter then just beating the **** out of him... I've learned this a few times
Old 12-08-2003, 08:06 PM   #21
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

best way to prevent theft of your emblem is to go to a body shop and get them shaved

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2003, 08:09 PM   #22
Justin e36
---

Send a message via ICQ to Justin e36 Send a message via AIM to Justin e36 Send a message via Yahoo to Justin e36
Quote:
Originally posted by nvr2much
good point... just less satisfying, and stooping to his level. Bah, he was a little thuggin kid anyways.. maybe around 5'8" @ 160LB...

only worry is getting into a ruining-car-wars with this kid. I park outside.. don't want him damaging my car during the night......
Old 12-08-2003, 08:10 PM   #23
Justin e36
---

Quote:
Originally posted by E46_lover
best way to prevent theft of your emblem is to go to a body shop and get them shaved
I was thinking about getting them flush mounted with the paint... and clear-coated with the paint job at the end too... (i'm getting a paint job and some body mods done in Spring)... think this is possible / feasible?
Old 12-09-2003, 12:25 AM   #24
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Thatz just retarded. Stealing from someone at your own Gym!

Stealing is stupid.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 12:44 AM   #25
328is_Perf
5th Gear Member

thats soo wierd in canada. .... i leave my car open in a full parking lot in houston and everything's still there... MP3 player, speakers, and all my emblems....... hmmm .... wierd ....

The ONE and ONLY TRUE ///M3:
E36 ///M3 GTR
328is_Perf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 05:39 AM   #26
Justin e36
---

THE BASTARD GOT MY HOOD EMBLEM TODAY TOO!!!!!!!!

LOOKS LIKE I WAS WRONG!! ... not the gym after all... looks like it's some asshole who parks at Islington Station (Toronto) during the day.

Someone stole my valve stem caps around a month ago.. (chrome ones)... pissed me off. I bought new ones with a key.. (and a little BMW logo on the tip... which no one can see anyways.) I went to work on Saturday.. that must be when my trunk emblem was stolen. Went to work today... and my Hood emblem and one of my valve stem caps was taken off... (he must've been turning the other 3 for hours and gave up when they wouldn't give... but he got one of them, guess I didn't lock it tight enough)... ****... now that's a bitch! ... two real carbon fibre emblems... stolen. I'm just dying to meet this guy... not just for myself, but for bimmer owners everywhere.
Old 12-09-2003, 05:52 AM   #27
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
One was bad 2 is a slap in the face.
Old 12-09-2003, 06:45 AM   #28
Timbaland
3rd Gear Member

Just hire a big black body guard ot lean on the car when its parked. Lets see how many people will even look at your car now
Old 12-09-2003, 01:07 PM   #29
AcidSnow
Boss of Bosses

you may want to get one of those really sensitive alarms, and turn it on in high risk areas. I can't even imagine the fate of the person if I ever caught someone doing that - even to someone else's car.
AcidSnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2003, 01:40 PM   #30
dtthiaga
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Justin e36
I was thinking about getting them flush mounted with the paint... and clear-coated with the paint job at the end too... (i'm getting a paint job and some body mods done in Spring)... think this is possible / feasible?
The problem would be is if some one tried to take the emblem off, they would really ruin your paint finish (crack the clear coat).

The shock idea would be awesome, but you run the risk of the person getting pissed and beating on your car. If you're going to shock him, you'll have to drop him for a good 10 minutes and have a pager go off so you can catch the person.
dtthiaga is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: