Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Global MaXbimmer
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-22-2001, 01:36 AM   #16
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Send a message via MSN to Autotechnica
don't worry, I'll hook you up!

My pictures came out looking exactly like Gamites so no point in posting mine.

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Autotechnica is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2001, 03:41 AM   #17
Bliss
Administrator

Hey guys! Thought it was a cool meet, and finally got to meet a whole bunch of members from the board. Unfortunatly me and Dan came a bit late and missed a few people, and we made some poeple wait outside in the freezing cold...i swear, it was the traffic, haha. Anyways as we pulled up in Dan's WARM and TOASTY civic, i got to meet some new faces, like Gamite and MTRD, and alot more when we got to D&B. It was a really good dinner though, and gave us a chance to discuss some issues about Rob...HAHA, just joking. Thanks Gamite and MTRD for organizing the event. and thanks for the pics.

For maXbimmer decals, please email info@maxbimmer.com
Bliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 02:20 AM   #18
///Compact
1st Gear Newbie

Thumbs up Results of First Markham meet......

Your right it was good to put a face to a name. We have to do this again soon, maybe we can pick a day that will be just a little bit warmer. You forgot to tell every one how Bliss and I beat you and Straight_6 at your own game HA HA HA.
Old 12-23-2001, 02:49 AM   #19
Gamite

///compact, you punk, burned out right in front of mee!!! Man that stank hard.

Dude, where's the video's? I only see 3 in the video section?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2001, 03:26 AM   #20
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

Hey Stanley, what happened to you? I was kind of looking forward to seeing more of your car. You didn't come back did ya?

Haha, don't worry about it, I just wish we had more unique BMW's there, too bad Randy couldn't drive his E30 there, that would have been amazing!

Bryan
'02 C32 AMG @ 18psi - Eurocharged custom ECU/TCU, ASP 178mm crank pulley + NW PSK, CM30 i/c pump, NW i/c iso kit, EC i/c, Magnecore wires, NW CAI, SL55 Y pipe, NW ported intake manifolds + gaskets/spacers, NW inconel exhaust manifolds, NW catch can, dual exhaust, H&R sways, H&R coilovers, H&R spacers, Quaife ATB LSD, goodridge lines, EBC yellowstuff, AMG 18" rims, Zeitronix datalogger.

Old 12-23-2001, 01:11 PM   #21
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Sorry to upset you guys, but work first,then play... There's always a next time.....
Same here guys... next time for sure... (BTW, the M3 was getting some new binders at the time).

/// M3NTAL Kev

M3ntal Kev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2001, 09:25 AM   #22
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by ROB89M3
Binders?whats that?
Binders = Brakes

/// M3NTAL Kev

Old 12-27-2001, 12:10 PM   #23
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to GR8 Ride
Quote:
Originally posted by empowerd
I was off the speed limiter pretty much the whole way from Steeles to the 401 (185km/h). My friend Mike in the dumped Violet 328is passed me on his limiter (210km/h) and Dan's Civic was right there too. I didn't see anyone else behind??
Wait a minute....all that power, and you're limited to 185 Km/h? So, is that rev limiter, or engine limiter? The 3.2 US Spec shouldn't be limited to anything less than 250 km/h, and I would have thought your car had the balls to get there...

Or is the limiter something you've put in place to keep the life of the engine intact? Unless you're geared ultra-short in the final drive (which the 325e was....); I thought you would have swapped that out?

Man, 185 km/h; that's gonna suck on the back straight at Mosport....

Just curious, as that sounds unusual for you...

Pat

GR8 Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 12:12 PM   #24
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by M3ntal Kev

Binders = Brakes
Kev, I've been trying to get ahold of you about that.

I was in the shop the other day while little Steve was installing those.

Why the Brembo's, and not AP Racing (or similar)? And if you don't mind, how much? and where (Canada, US)?

Thanks,

Pat

PS. The car looks good; I didn't realize you had gone whole hog with the cage and interior.
Old 12-27-2001, 12:50 PM   #25
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-Karma

Wait a minute....all that power, and you're limited to 185 Km/h? So, is that rev limiter, or engine limiter? The 3.2 US Spec shouldn't be limited to anything less than 250 km/h, and I would have thought your car had the balls to get there...

Or is the limiter something you've put in place to keep the life of the engine intact? Unless you're geared ultra-short in the final drive (which the 325e was....); I thought you would have swapped that out?

Man, 185 km/h; that's gonna suck on the back straight at Mosport....

Just curious, as that sounds unusual for you...

Pat

Hi Pat,

Hope you had a great Christmas. I understand you confusion about the limiter driving down the 400. I did have a 4.24LSD rear end in the car in the spring which limited the car to about 200 (a little on the short side for Mosport). After I installed the blower and did the head work, things had to change drastically because 1st gear was useless. Now I've installed a 3.23LSD and am contenet with it. The speed governor that kicked in (computer controlled) the other day on the 400 HWY was actually on my Honda Wagon. The Bimmer has been stored for the season for weeks. If you view the video in the video section, you can see some of the excitment that took place that evening.

Have a safe and happy New Year...

Randy

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2001, 03:06 PM   #26
GR8 Ride
5th Gear Member

Ah....

Now that makes a bit more sense. As you said, with the 4.24 LSD rear diff, even the 3.2L would be pretty short..

Could make for an interesting burn-out in first gear though...

With the 3.23 LSD in there, (and forced air), your max should be a little closer to 280 or so.

Sorry, based on the thread, I thought you had taken your car to this event. I didn't know you were in the "winter beater".

Pat
Old 12-27-2001, 03:26 PM   #27
M3ntal Kev
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by Bad-Karma

Kev, I've been trying to get ahold of you about that.

I was in the shop the other day while little Steve was installing those.

Why the Brembo's, and not AP Racing (or similar)? And if you don't mind, how much? and where (Canada, US)?

Thanks,

Pat

PS. The car looks good; I didn't realize you had gone whole hog with the cage and interior.
Pat,

Thanks for the kind words.

I went with Brembos because I got a fairly decent deal on them. John would have loved for me to buy APs from him but wanted close to $4k for the AP stuff.

I ended up buying the Brembos (which are also not a bad name in the brake world) for about $2700.

The kit was developed by Race Technologies in Cali on the e30 M3 of a firend on mine. The 13" rotor is the same as used by the Mustang Cobra-R. Mine are one piece rotors and can easily be swapped for a 2-pc. setup also used by Brembo on the Cobra-R. The caliper is 4-piston and is the same as used on the Dodge Viper kit.

I'm hoping that the kit is overkill, like everything else I've tried to do with the M3.

PS - Whole hog? Is there any other way?!?! You obviously know what I mean!

/// M3NTAL Kev

Last edited by M3ntal Kev; 12-27-2001 at 03:32 PM.
Old 12-20-2004, 11:51 PM   #28
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

stumbled on this old thread by accident... does anyone remember this meet? It was maXbimmer's first official meet (Dec 22nd, 2001) -- almost exactly 3 years ago.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2004, 11:56 PM   #29
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I was wondering what the hell I was looking at till I saw the date this meet happened, I wasn't even part of MAX yet, I was still driving my Lexus LS400 at that time

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2004, 12:02 AM   #30
Autotechnica
BMW Traitor

LOL... didn't Gamite and I start this meet? Wow, we were like the first members here along with Randy.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: