Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Detailing & Care
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 3 votes, 4.33 average. Display Modes
Old 11-17-2005, 06:10 PM   #31
ara325
holy old school...

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinair
Better late then never

true, true...thanks dude. It's funny that as I was watching tv last night, i saw a commercial for Sta-Bil gas stabilizer...i don't remember seeing that before...did you have someting to do with it?

ethirty
ara325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2007, 03:19 AM   #32
Gamite

forgot to sticky this thread this year. "Better late than never."

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 01:14 AM   #33
sreeja
1st Gear Newbie

I just heard about this.It is nice.Is it gives a fresh look ever?I cannot believe this.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #34
KillerPM
1st Gear Newbie

The only suggest I can add is leave the car in 2nd gear (for all us MT guys, 1st gear for guys who have a dogleg transmission). This keeps the transmission selector rod pushed in as far into the transmission as it can be. Keeps it from getting corroded and keeps that transmission seal working better come spring.
Old 09-19-2008, 12:04 AM   #35
nX07
1st Gear Newbie

So much things to take into consideration it almost makes me want to just drive the car once a week or so in the winter lol!
Old 09-22-2008, 05:13 AM   #36
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
^^lucky you. for me to drive my car in the winter involves a border crossing, a 5 hour long drive, re-installation of wheels/battery/lighting systems, flushing fluids and then realizing i still can't go anywhere cause i dont have winters.

but its ok, winter sucks, but i got another bmw for that.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #37
Dammerung
3rd Gear Member

Where can i find trickle chargers? can i put it on the battery even when the battery is in the car?

Die Dämmerung..............when dusk began to fall, when dawn begins to break
Dammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 02:03 AM   #38
Dammerung
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by X5HogTown View Post
Be sure to put the stabilizer in the tank before topping it up in order to give it a good mixing. Run the car for a good 5-10 minutes to make sure the stabilizer gets through the fuel line and injector system.
Just a quick question. I end up driving my car once a month for a good hour. But its basically in storage for a good 6 months. should i add stabalizer? Should I fill the tank after every use as well?

Die Dämmerung..............when dusk began to fall, when dawn begins to break
Dammerung is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 11:59 PM   #39
AdrianL
Live from 42,000'

Trickel chargers can be found at canadian tyre. Put in stabilizer if it's sitting for a month or more. Less than that I wouldn't bother.
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #40
M3habib
1st Gear Newbie

question regarding "placing plastic under the car"... this is the first iv heard of it, cant you have a big old rug underneath, would that prevent the moisture too?

Iv always used a thick piece of rug under each tire, KEEP IN MIND, if the rug gets wet someway somehow, the moisture will damage your tires more then having it sitting on concrete
M3habib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 12:48 PM   #41
MrRWD
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3habib View Post
question regarding "placing plastic under the car"... this is the first iv heard of it, cant you have a big old rug underneath, would that prevent the moisture too?

Iv always used a thick piece of rug under each tire, KEEP IN MIND, if the rug gets wet someway somehow, the moisture will damage your tires more then having it sitting on concrete
A rug would be bad. Concrete will always let moisture come up from the ground (unless it is fully sealed - epoxy coating). This is a general practice, and really depends on the water table in your area.

Carpet pieces or large foam for the tires are important to insulate the tires from the cold concrete.

This is the same reason, most seasoned carpet installers don't recommend hardwood or laminate flooring in the basements. Carpet with an good underpad will still breathe.
For hardwood/ laminate in the basement, you need some kind of thermal and moisture break - raised floor, with that plastic dimples on the back.
MrRWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2013, 10:55 AM   #42
Jay22
Shadows.

When do you guys usually store your cars? This is my first year of storing my new-to-me E90 - with the E46 it was one the road 365 days a year - Im guessing mid november?>
Jay22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:02 PM   #43
croweprod
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay22 View Post
When do you guys usually store your cars? This is my first year of storing my new-to-me E90 - with the E46 it was one the road 365 days a year - Im guessing mid november?>

For me, as soon as the salt hits the road, time to bring it in. The rust on my acura would stay pretty much the same all summer, then the first salting, and wow, the sheet metal would start crumbling!
croweprod is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: