Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-18-2013, 02:26 PM   #16
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

ultimately, this discussion of "real" music is subjective.

Here's how i do it. Don't matter what genre it is...toes tap and head rocks, its good. You can catch me blasting slipknot to crystal castles to die antword to sum 41 to limp bizkit to a tribe called quest to the roots to korn to erykah badu to eifle 65 to tupac to collective soul to michaelangelo batio to the cool kids to nas to blink 182 to sugar ray to johnny cash to lil kim to rage against the machine to sublime to kanye west to led zepplin whatever.

Music is music, and support the local!! (y'all need to open your minds up a bit)
Old 02-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #17
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
I like him, I just wish he did Canadian tire instead of shoppers so I can relate more.
Old 02-19-2013, 12:30 AM   #18
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Gato Liso View Post
ultimately, this discussion of "real" music is subjective.

Here's how i do it. Don't matter what genre it is...toes tap and head rocks, its good. You can catch me blasting slipknot to crystal castles to die antword to sum 41 to limp bizkit to a tribe called quest to the roots to korn to erykah badu to eifle 65 to tupac to collective soul to michaelangelo batio to the cool kids to nas to blink 182 to sugar ray to johnny cash to lil kim to rage against the machine to sublime to kanye west to led zepplin whatever.

Music is music, and support the local!! (y'all need to open your minds up a bit)
so you're a fan of all music but we should like drake cause he's from toronto?
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 01:43 AM   #19
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
Well that isn't particularly what I am saying. The support local was just a general shout out...it isn't exclusive to mainstream ie. drake.

But should people like Toronto Blue Jays, Raptors, Maple Leafs, Rock, Marlies...just because they live in Toronto? People do! Sounds like local support to me doesn't it? People like those teams because they're from the city those teams are from/representing.

I guess what I am saying is enjoy the music for what it is...and there is a lot of talent out here locally. I am having trouble for some reason trying to put what I am thinking in words...

Last edited by El Gato Liso; 02-19-2013 at 01:56 AM.
El Gato Liso is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:14 AM   #20
TheMadChigga

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
Why not? we should support local business/artists/whatever comes to mind, as long its a positive thing that they are doing, we need more positive vibe going in this place.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:48 PM   #21
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one

keep talking hater.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2013, 11:32 PM   #22
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
Why not?
Why not be a fan of an artist you don't like? Do you call yourself a fan of Justin Bieber too just because he's from Ontario?
Old 02-20-2013, 12:09 AM   #23
propr'one
op sucks cock

i'm a huge beiber fan. dude's like 20, he's gotten more pussy in the last 6 months than you will in your whole life, he's worth like 40M and has invested it incredibly well, holds his family down, hustles like a mother****er, etc.

yeah, his music isn't exactly my cup of tea, but so what? its pop music. if you're a underground head that can't appreciate any top 40's, then dont listen to it. i'm not a fan of the beatles, that doesn't mean they suck. feel me?

Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Old 02-20-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
calegrant
6th Gear Member

I listen to music for the music, not for how much pussy an individual gets or how much money they make or where they're from. I don't respect Bieber's music, and I'm not a fan of Drake's either. I wouldn't say he sucks, I'm just not going to support what I don't think to be good hip hop, and that seems to be what people expect based on responses in this thread. Back in the day that was called differing taste, but now apparently that's being a "hater".
Old 02-20-2013, 06:14 PM   #25
jeremy
6th Gear Member

just cause http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s8rGpHqM_q4
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #26
El Gato Liso
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
i'm a huge beiber fan. dude's like 20, he's gotten more pussy in the last 6 months than you will in your whole life, he's worth like 40M and has invested it incredibly well, holds his family down, hustles like a mother****er, etc.

yeah, his music isn't exactly my cup of tea, but so what? its pop music. if you're a underground head that can't appreciate any top 40's, then dont listen to it. i'm not a fan of the beatles, that doesn't mean they suck. feel me?
theres some new song where the producer had bieber rap on it and it sounded pretty dope actually!
Old 02-20-2013, 08:57 PM   #27
TheMadChigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by calegrant View Post
Why not be a fan of an artist you don't like? Do you call yourself a fan of Justin Bieber too just because he's from Ontario?
You didn't quote my complete sentence brah, I said why not support them if they are doing something positive.

For Beiber, he's alright, guy's got everything we dream about, although one thing he doesn't mention much about Canada, I guess its hard since he got famous in the States and lived the Hollywood life before he became an adult, but yes, I don't mind him, if you don't support local people/business that are doing positive stuff, then who will? may be that's why sometimes Toronto get such a bad vibe of being the cold shoulder capital.
Old 02-20-2013, 10:26 PM   #28
calegrant
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga View Post
if you don't support local people/business that are doing positive stuff, then who will? may be that's why sometimes Toronto get such a bad vibe of being the cold shoulder capital.
People who appreciate their art will. There are literally thousands of artists in Toronto trying to make a living doing what they love, am I expected to give my time and attention to all of them despite receiving nothing I care for in return? What to you is support anyways, do I have to enjoy their records and buy their products? I wish Drake the best in what he does, I'm just not giving him a dime nor listening to him any more than I have to conclude I don't like his music.

Also, an artist and a business are vastly different entities. I'll give my money for goods and services that I need to a local business if possible, but I'm not going to give my time and taste to something I consume solely for my own personal enjoyment.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:17 PM   #29
TheMadChigga

Quote:
People who appreciate their art will. There are literally thousands of artists in Toronto trying to make a living doing what they love, am I expected to give my time and attention to all of them despite receiving nothing I care for in return? What to you is support anyways, do I have to enjoy their records and buy their products? I wish Drake the best in what he does, I'm just not giving him a dime nor listening to him any more than I have to conclude I don't like his music.

Also, an artist and a business are vastly different entities. I'll give my money for goods and services that I need to a local business if possible, but I'm not going to give my time and taste to something I consume solely for my own personal enjoyment.
Dude, take a chill pill and relax, do whatever you want man.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:34 PM   #30
propr'one
op sucks cock

Quote:
I'm not going to give my time and taste to something I consume solely for my own personal enjoyment.
i guess that's where were different. i spend like 90% of my disposable income on consumption and personal enjoyment

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: