Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-01-2013, 06:25 PM   #16
AZ_E36
MOPAR M1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
you have no idea what you are talking about
Ive driven more Benz's than youve seen on the road. I worked for them. So im glad your nephew or whatever owning ONE mercedes makes you an expert.

The seats are hard and uncomfortable (except for the S500 seats which I actually liked). The steering is weak, not like a BMW which is responsive and tight. The only one that has A/C that gots cold enough to make it nice to drive in AZ when its 124 degrees outside is the GLK in light colors, because the dark colored ones take longer to get colder.

I drove a C300 from Phoenix to California to deliver a car, and the AUX input hardly works with the P1 package (had a salesman following in an E class diesel that he couldnt get the AUX to work with his iPod and we traded cars so he can do it in the C300 and it didnt work again so I got stuck back in the C300).

The GL or the R class diesel are spacious, but the R-Class sucks down gas and is REALLY slow. The gas V8 one is MUCH worse. so the diesel R-class is preferred. The GL is sloppy and has a bit of body roll when you turn. But their "ergonomics" are uncomfortable. Like on the E class with the pnuematic bolsters when you turn, all they do is jab you in the ribs and hurt.

I drove the S63, C63, E55, and the GL55. The best one was the S63, only because it had a lot of options. They have an air-ride suspension where you can lift the car up and lower it with the push of a button. Which is a CRAP option on the C63 because it doesnt raise the car enough to even drive up or down a rolled curb (like for drveway entrances) because we had to take one out of the showroom, and the big boss raised up the car, and when he was backing it down to show it to a customer, it scraped the curb and cost A LOT of money for the body shop to fix, when it was just a high center scrape on the rocker panels.

Older mercedes convertibles have TERRIBLE door sensors. Where you can hold the key fob to the handle and drop the top by pointing it at the sensor. Which only works about 1 out of 100 times even with new sensors.

they are cheaply made, and priced expensive. The door handles get sloppy, the cargo covers and cheap, its just an inferior car.

You can get mad about what I say about Benz all you want, but its all true. Go tet drive one. Go look at one on the showroom and I bet you if its black, it will have scratches and swirls, and any other color will have clear coat bubbles. The only reason to get mad about hearing the truth about benz is because you wasted your money on one.
AZ_E36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 11:54 AM   #17
SickFinga

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_E36 View Post
Ive driven more Benz's than youve seen on the road. I worked for them. So im glad your nephew or whatever owning ONE mercedes makes you an expert.
This is about to get hilarious.
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 12:38 PM   #18
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Coles notes:

-Many people (myself included) dont like the direction that BMW`s styling is going
-There is nothing wrong with mercedes auto trans. Since the first time i drove a e63 with the (then new) 7 speed auto i was very impressed.
-the W204 is the best looking small family sedan on the market. Period. Coupe looks good too.
-AZ_e36 is a tool. Dont listen to him

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2013, 01:14 PM   #19
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
lol, if you only knew who you are talking to...
Old 01-02-2013, 01:26 PM   #20
Smitty
4th Gear Member

AZ: Not sure how you can say that a diesel R or GL-Class is slow? For vehicles of their size and weight, they're damn speedy.
Old 01-02-2013, 02:55 PM   #21
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Buhahaha .. 1+ to this getting funny

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:25 PM   #22
win8x100e
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
lol, if you only knew who you are talking to...

After reading this thread, I'd say a pissed off former MB employee ?
win8x100e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 09:59 PM   #23
solarian
1st Gear Newbie

Holy drama Batman. Depends on what you want I'd say. I haven't driven an X3 so I can't really judge, but if that type of vehicle appeals to you, I'd say it's pretty much a tie. We recently picked up a 1 series coupe, so pretty different priorities. There was no Mercedes that could match the driving experience. The only thing that drove as well (compared tons of cars) was the FR-S, but it was a hassle to get in and out of and kinda poorly equipped.

Honestly though, I have zero brand loyalty. I think it's silly and naive to like a brand. I like individual cars and evaluate them on their own merits.
solarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:09 AM   #24
AZ_E36
MOPAR M1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by win8x100e View Post
After reading this thread, I'd say a pissed off former MB employee ?
I wouldnt say im pissed off I just know better now.
Old 01-04-2013, 01:22 PM   #25
misschigga
2nd Gear Member

C'mon Clarence we're all waiting for the maxbimmer drama you love so much!
misschigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #26
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
I didn't want to respond to this idiot because he's to ignorant & arrogant to realize what's going on.

I don't even know where to start, first he doesn't know how to read, I never mentioned a nephew owning a Benz, don't know where he got that from, and it's nice to see that AZ "worked for them" guessing not anymore, most likely got fired, I've been working for Mercedes-Benz for 13yrs on paper, almost 20yrs off the books, so I've driven many Mercedes, from 1953 to 2013 & worked on them as well.

Considering you were helping a salesman deliver a car it tells me you are very low on the totem pole, most likely a apprentice, guessing you are 21-22 yrs old, probably worked at Benz for 2-3yrs, real technicians don't help salesman deliver cars that's a job for people that can't do anything else, & also the AUX didn't work on both cars, why the hell are you using the AUX input when both these vehicles have the media cables input using the ipod connector, also did you ever think it's not the vehicle but the ipod itself is faulty, seen that happen like a hundred times, customer thinks something is wrong with the car when it turns out to be his/hers cellphone or ipod that was faulty.

you might be right that you driven most cars than I, because I never driven or heard of a GL55 must be something new, we only have GL550 & GL63's, you driven a car that doesn't exist, since you driven every Mercedes, you must have driven B-Class, oh wait those don't exist in USA, what about Maybachs & SLR, any Black Series like SL65 & C63 you driven? oh & what's this about the C63 suspension not raising high enough, it's a little hard to raise a vehicle with a push of a button when the car has steel spring & not airmatic system.

AZ you also like pointing out the obvious, like Smitty already mentioned calling diesel cars slow when they weigh like 3 tons is stupid & uneducated, also saying that the V8 motors eat up more gas than a diesel vehicle is pretty obvious, it's like that for all manufacturers not just Benz, and dark colour GLK's take long to cool, why is that specific to GLK's, all dark colour cars are hotter in the summer, thank you Captain Obvious, it's obvious that you haven't been in this industry long enough to realize that all car companies have there faults, no car is perfect, I don't care if you paid $2,000,000 for a car, that car can still have lots of flaws.

you can keep talking all you want, but most members here know better than to listen to you, tha'ts why they were waiting for me to respond, but honestly I really didn't want to, I wanted to see how big a hole you were going to dig yourself into.

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 02:08 PM   #27
misschigga
2nd Gear Member

^^^^ nice!!!!!
misschigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #28
Blades
Your opinion is to long

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown

Last edited by Blades; 01-04-2013 at 03:17 PM.
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2013, 04:13 PM   #29
SickFinga

SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 12:53 AM   #30
AZ_E36
MOPAR M1.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quack View Post
I didn't want to respond to this idiot because he's to ignorant & arrogant to realize what's going on.

I don't even know where to start, first he doesn't know how to read, I never mentioned a nephew owning a Benz, don't know where he got that from, and it's nice to see that AZ "worked for them" guessing not anymore, most likely got fired, I've been working for Mercedes-Benz for 13yrs on paper, almost 20yrs off the books, so I've Wasted my life working on garbage cars.

Considering you were helping a salesman deliver a car it tells me you are very low on the totem pole, most likely a apprentice, guessing you are 21-22 yrs old, probably worked at Benz for 2-3yrs, real technicians don't help salesman deliver cars that's a job for people that can't do anything else, & also the AUX didn't work on both cars, why the hell are you using the AUX input when both these vehicles have the media cables input using the ipod connector, also did you ever think it's not the vehicle but the ipod itself is faulty, seen that happen like a hundred times, customer thinks something is wrong with the car when it turns out to be his/hers cellphone or ipod that was faulty.

^^ Considering he does it all the time in different models by using those cables in the console, which would be AUX, considering Auxiliary means supplementary or additional input. Therefore you have no idea what your talking about.

oh & what's this about the C63 suspension not raising high enough, it's a little hard to raise a vehicle with a push of a button when the car has steel spring & not airmatic system.

^ so it was an E65, not like it matters, they all look the same, and are built poorly. same goes with the gl550 no 0 at the end OH GOD THE WORLD IS GOING TO END I LEFT OUT THE 0. The black paint sucks, hell, ALL their paint sucks and all the glue leaks out of the doors on the paint. Eat a dick.

AZ you also like pointing out the obvious, like Smitty already mentioned calling diesel cars slow when they weigh like 3 tons is stupid & uneducated, also saying that the V8 motors eat up more gas than a diesel vehicle is pretty obvious, it's like that for all manufacturers not just Benz, and dark colour GLK's take long to cool, why is that specific to GLK's, all dark colour cars are hotter in the summer, thank you Captain Obvious, it's obvious that you haven't been in this industry long enough to realize that all car companies have there faults, no car is perfect, I don't care if you paid $2,000,000 for a car, that car can still have lots of flaws.

^^ It matters because its 124 degrees outside and a white GLK gets colder than any other car ive ever driven. The other colors its mediocre. Even the S class has crap air conditioning.

you can keep talking all you want, but ill just keep using google and my lack of knowledge about other manufacturers and be a brand whore on mecedes' nuts because they sign my paychecks.

^^ fixed.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: