Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-20-2012, 01:01 AM   #1
Canadian144
2nd Gear Member

Rare E12 528i 5 speed

Hi,

Up for sale is a 1980 BMW 528i. It is a 5 speed car with the fuel injected engine. It spent most of it's life in B.C. and has spent the past 10 years inside a garage. It is dirty, and needs some cleaning, but is a very solid car.

Before it was parked, it ran and drove. Have not tried to start it since then.

The interior is in excellent shape. The paint is slightly faded but is in really good shape overall, considering it's the original paint. There are a few small rust spots, mostly on the drivers side. The bottom inside of the drivers door has a few areas of rust, as does by the rear of the engine bay on the drivers side. The worst instance of rust is on the drivers side rear quarter panel, and it is not that bad. The rear shock towers are in excellent shape, with no rust or rot, just like the underbody.

This car really just needs some cosmetic TLC and a tune-up.

These cars are getting incredibly rare, and finding one in this shape is even rarer. I do not have a set price in mind, as I have no market value to base the value of this car on - look at how many have been for sale locally recently. None! Make me a fair offer. I can be reached via PM and then email or phone. The car is located just outside of Georgetown if you would like to see it in person first.

This car has spend the last 10 years inside. If we don't receive any reasonable offers, it will stay inside for the next 10, at which point these cars will be all the more valuable. We just have too many other projects on the go to deal with it.

We also have black E12 530i, automatic, that has been sitting outside. It would make an excellent parts car. It is shown in some pictures. It would be sold without the wheels currently on it, and without an ignition. This car could be worked into the deal. It was also running before parked.

*** would consider trades for 2002s, E24 6 series, and E9 3.0 BMWs only.

Canadian144 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 11:38 AM   #2
The Twin
3rd Gear Member

my insides are crying.
The Twin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 02:29 PM   #3
Canadian144
2nd Gear Member

Haha why's that? It's been stored inside and hasn't rotted outside in the elements.

I got one kijiji offer within 20 minutes of posting for $250. I lol'd. If this doesn't sell I'll just buy it from my dad, do the minor work needed, and put it on some bbs wheels.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk
Old 07-20-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
drenius
1st Gear Newbie

very painfull to see the extent of neglect on these classy lady's
i probably would not pay more than $250..hint hint, wink wink, know what i mean, say no more, say no more...
drenius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:14 PM   #5
sproule905
6th Gear Member

I see a triumph TR6 in the first pic. Any decent parts on there that are forsale?

sproule905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

I hope you don't expect to get much for it in that shape....

You are better off cleaning it up and trying to get it running if you want anything decent for it. As it sits it will need a ton of work to get it road worthy...
Old 07-20-2012, 05:19 PM   #7
Canadian144
2nd Gear Member

I should note that the panel that goes underneath the steering wheel was removed but can be seen in front of the passenger seat. The exhaust was also removed from the car before being parked but is included with the car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
I see a triumph TR6 in the first pic. Any decent parts on there that are forsale?
Haha what parts would you be needing?

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I hope you don't expect to get much for it in that shape....

You are better off cleaning it up and trying to get it running if you want anything decent for it. As it sits it will need a ton of work to get it road worthy...
Anyone seriously interested will be able to see past the dust and bird shit to the unmolested clean example of a late E12. I can't imagine it needing a ton of work... a ton of detailing, yes. Other than that... some new tires, new fluids, lubricating the brakes, etc etc. If it comes to doing all that work... we will just keep the car!
Old 07-20-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

unmolested seeing past the bird shit?? do you know what bird shit that sits on paint does to a car over time? not even a genie can take that off. eats right through the clear if there is any. the interior needs as much a cleaning as the exterior. As for as sitting? all the bushings are probably drier then a witches tit...the car needs extensive work and possible restoration due to the neglect.

the car is for parts or scrap. sorry dude..not to ahem. thread "crap" but seriously. LOL

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 10:07 PM   #9
13blackknight
2nd Gear Member

I have to agree with the posters, it appears the car will need alot of work, body, cleaning, restoration, all suspension parts, braking components and being it's a old bmw electrical for sure.
If you believe it needs minor work and some bbs wheels, then I suggest you do that because you will get more money for a car that's running an looks better.
In the current state $250 is what most people would be willing to pay.
Good luck with your sale

QUOTE=Canadian144;1575662]Haha why's that? It's been stored inside and hasn't rotted outside in the elements.

I got one kijiji offer within 20 minutes of posting for $250. I lol'd. If this doesn't sell I'll just buy it from my dad, do the minor work needed, and put it on some bbs wheels.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Tapatalk[/quote]
Old 07-21-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian144 View Post
Haha what parts would you be needing?
send me some pics of the Triumph. msproule [at] rogers (dot) com

Also, what year is that TR6?

sproule905 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM   #11
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

its a couple hundred dollar car. if anyone offers you more, TAKE IT and run.
It doesn't even have any rare euro parts.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
Canadian144
2nd Gear Member

Ah well. Here goes the thread. Thanks to those that have shown legitimate interest via PM or Kijiji.

I should clarify that it's a 1981. The parts car is an 87.

To all the shit talkers crowding this thread - it's clear that you have no interested in the car and are clearly not destined for ownership of a classic BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
unmolested seeing past the bird shit?? do you know what bird shit that sits on paint does to a car over time? not even a genie can take that off. eats right through the clear if there is any. the interior needs as much a cleaning as the exterior. As for as sitting? all the bushings are probably drier then a witches tit...the car needs extensive work and possible restoration due to the neglect.

the car is for parts or scrap. sorry dude..not to ahem. thread "crap" but seriously. LOL
Is your head on straight? WTF is wrong with you. If you scrap every car that has some clear coat issues... you've got some serious problems. Parts or scrap? Are you ****ed?

The interior is all together and in great shape. With a steam cleaner and some carpet cleaning solution it would look great with an hour or two of work. The wood trim is in great shape, as are the seats and dash.

If you consider this car to be needing "extensive work" then you've never had a real project car. The interior is all together, and the drivetrain is solid. The clear coat obviously has issues but that's not a huge deal. The body is in excellent shape and not rusted out like most E12s. The brakes need to be greased but anyone with any experience could have them greased and the lines bled in a few hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 13blackknight View Post
I have to agree with the posters, it appears the car will need alot of work, body, cleaning, restoration, all suspension parts, braking components and being it's a old bmw electrical for sure.
If you believe it needs minor work and some bbs wheels, then I suggest you do that because you will get more money for a car that's running an looks better.
In the current state $250 is what most people would be willing to pay.
Good luck with your sale
HAha electrical work? Where the hell did you pull that out from? I don't think a single one of our other 20 or so vintage BMWs has electrical issues. The older cars are very basic electronically.

This car really doesn't need that much work at all in comparison to what a lot of other E12s are like. The rear shock towers are mint, and there is minimal rust on the rest of the body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
send me some pics of the Triumph. msproule [at] rogers (dot) com

Also, what year is that TR6?
Ok I'll email you soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
its a couple hundred dollar car. if anyone offers you more, TAKE IT and run.
It doesn't even have any rare euro parts.
Hahaha sure. Maybe if someone offers me $260 I should take it right?

Just because something doesn't have rare euro parts on it doesn't mean it's not collectible. This car is all original and is an excellent example of a North American E12.
Old 07-22-2012, 06:53 PM   #13
motion
Hell Spawn

you have clearly no experience with cars.

First things first...that car or any in those pics for that matter were NOT properly stored.
Do you know what happens to hoses, tubes, lines where there is still liquid in them? ie antifreeze, oil etc????

that motor will have to be pulled and refreshed up. I wouldnt want to just change fluids and start it up because it will have some serious wear marks in the cylinders after assuming it starts that is.

Needs all new tires, brakes (rotors, pads) most likely calipers are seized,,,,chances are it needs new handbrake cables, all the suspension bushings are more then likely dried up or will get cracks the minute you move the car

the list goes on.

you best bet is to take the car out of its current spot and wash it out and then go from there for a sale....

btw why is the interior floor carpet so stained? looks to me like at one point in time the windows or something was down and a shit load of water or snow remained in there and probably took its toll on it.

that car needs atleast 2-3 days of intense detail work to get it cleaned up not 2-3 hrs. LOL
motion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 06:56 PM   #14
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Quote:
Originally Posted by motion View Post
you have clearly no experience with cars.

First things first...that car or any in those pics for that matter were NOT properly stored.
Do you know what happens to hoses, tubes, lines where there is still liquid in them? ie antifreeze, oil etc????

that motor will have to be pulled and refreshed up. I wouldnt want to just change fluids and start it up because it will have some serious wear marks in the cylinders after assuming it starts that is.

Needs all new tires, brakes (rotors, pads) most likely calipers are seized,,,,chances are it needs new handbrake cables, all the suspension bushings are more then likely dried up or will get cracks the minute you move the car

the list goes on.

you best bet is to take the car out of its current spot and wash it out and then go from there for a sale....

btw why is the interior floor carpet so stained? looks to me like at one point in time the windows or something was down and a shit load of water or snow remained in there and probably took its toll on it.

that car needs atleast 2-3 days of intense detail work to get it cleaned up not 2-3 hrs. LOL
you are too kind.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 07:22 PM   #15
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

You are defending your car so much that its sooo great.

At least take some time to wash the car from the bird shit, especially if you are not willing to accept $250 for it.

In its current shape, it resembles the shit on the windshield. Old, dried up, worthless, shit.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: