Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-11-2013, 01:05 PM   #1
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

Question How to import a bmw e36 M3 from Europe (germany etc)

I would like to know how to import a bmw e36 m3 from europe, i would like to import it from germany but i am open to importing from europe as long as its a real euro m3. I know if the car is older than 15 years germany doesnt really give you any trouble but say i did find one in germany how would i go about bringing it to mississauga ontario canada. What would i need who would i need is it an easy prosess?

Please guys i really need some one to help me out on this i have done some research but i would like to get in contact with someone who has done this before and have some assitance.

Thank you
Old 11-11-2013, 03:56 PM   #2
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

Unfortunately I don't have any experience. There are certainly a few folks on the board that have done it, hopefully they'll post.

There are so many "JDM" brokers that a lot of the imported German cars actually come through Japan. I've always wondered why there aren't more German brokers. Fun business opportunity for someone...

Good luck getting that Euro M3
Old 11-11-2013, 04:47 PM   #3
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
contact will zaraska @ http://willz.ca

a broker will make this process way easier for you

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2013, 10:27 PM   #4
FSUJBP
1st Gear Newbie

E36 M3s in Europe have undergone a steep price increase in the last two years. You may be better off getting one from Japan. I'll also be selling one as soon as I hit 25 posts on this forum.
FSUJBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 12:08 PM   #5
Cracky
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmitchell View Post
There are so many "JDM" brokers that a lot of the imported German cars actually come through Japan. I've always wondered why there aren't more German brokers. Fun business opportunity for someone...
germany is pretty strict on upkeep of cars but iirc there really are no restrictions on mileage/age like there is in japan. thats why japanese brokers do so well. Because they can bring in relatively newish(15 yrs old) cars with hardly any mileage on it due to japanese laws/taxes. There are so many to choose from.

get a jdm import(they are still lhd) from out west. easiest (and likely cheapest) way to get a euro powered e36m3... there are plenty around

or just buy a us spec and do an s54 swap since parts are cheaper and easier to source for the s54.

back when i bought it wasnt worth the premium though...and arguably may still not be. but if you have to have it. ..then that wont matter.

Last edited by Cracky; 11-20-2013 at 12:11 PM.
Cracky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2013, 01:55 PM   #6
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

i guess buying a german car from japan wouldn't be as bad as it sounds.

i'll look into it thanks
Old 11-21-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

It's true, there are alot of quality LHD BMWs that get auctioned in Japan. My Alpina came from there. I don't recall if they got the "Euro" E36 M3 though.

You should think through insurance before you get too far...
Old 12-12-2013, 10:09 AM   #8
markertoo
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmitchell View Post
It's true, there are alot of quality LHD BMWs that get auctioned in Japan. My Alpina came from there. I don't recall if they got the "Euro" E36 M3 though.

You should think through insurance before you get too far...
Yes, Japan got full "Euro" spec cars. North America was the only market that didn't. I was looking for a specific set of options, so I didn't ever get one directly from a JDM auction, but the cars do sell at the auctions that all of the JDM importers use.

I would suggest you find a dealer or importer that you get comfortable with. I can make a recommendation, if you want to PM me.

Figure on $11-14K landed for a 3L car and about $13-16K for a 3.2L one.
markertoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2013, 10:46 AM   #9
///M325i
(OO==[lll][lll]==OO)

Thanks for all the info on how to import, Japan sounds like a decent route although I'm not intirely sure on what choice I'm going to be making. I will however be finding a importer to help me out.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: