Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-18-2012, 08:47 AM   #16
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
The first year, high clicks, I would walk away. Many E90/E92s were on lease as well due to bad economy. Winter is here, why rush...
That's where I'm sitting atm... Lots of 08's, 09's since the warranty is about to drop. Next year 2010's will hit the market, hopefully then I can find something that's to my liking or better yet get a 2011 with upgraded 7speed clutch tans.
Old 11-18-2012, 08:14 PM   #17
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
That's where I'm sitting atm... Lots of 08's, 09's since the warranty is about to drop. Next year 2010's will hit the market, hopefully then I can find something that's to my liking or better yet get a 2011 with upgraded 7speed clutch tans.
Of course! Also what's with looking at the 335i if you are worried about paying for it? Dual pipe exhaust cool factor? Go with a natural aspirated 328i. Out city is very streched on where you can push the 335i simply because our public transit is falling behind on subway expansion...
lvan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:21 PM   #18
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

As someone who went down the exact same road you're going down. Don't do it. Just don't do it. You need a lot more than 20-25K to get a proper 335i.

I promise you if you go this route you will be getting a beaten up, multiple times crashed 335i.. with major issues. The probability of this is just way too high for my risk taking.

Been there.. done that. Wouldn't consider it again.
BMWdouche is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 11:34 PM   #19
saltpetre
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWdouche View Post
As someone who went down the exact same road you're going down. Don't do it. Just don't do it. You need a lot more than 20-25K to get a proper 335i.

I promise you if you go this route you will be getting a beaten up, multiple times crashed 335i.. with major issues. The probability of this is just way too high for my risk taking.

Been there.. done that. Wouldn't consider it again.

hey guys, is my decision to get a 335i gonna cause me a headache in the long run. its a great car and i have been saving up to get it. But don't want it be a nightmare after i get it.

currently i drive an acura to keep it on the road i have spent abt 2500 in the last one year which includes 4 brand new tires. will a 335i with modest mileage be more or less on repair and maintenance? i would prefer if its half that. please keep in mind i drive about 35000 - 40000km a yr.

again if you think it will be a vanity buy that i will regret let me know.

Thanks
saltpetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 12:17 AM   #20
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

Not trying to troll... but if you are putting that many KMs on the car... you'll spend AT LEAST that IMHO...

BMW and "ridiculously cheap" do not go together...

If you have to toss and turn on this for over a week, you might as well NOT get the car.

Better to save your money and be happy, then spend your wad and be sad all the time...
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 09:47 AM   #21
damameke
6th Gear Member

It is fine to ask for advice or opinion in this forum pertaining to 335, also if you research enough, you wil know of the known turbo issue and the extension of that warranty.

Each 335 owners experienced different issues on their cars, BMWdouche had a bad experience , hence he posted his regret , on the other hands, there are owners that has little issues.

If you want to get the 335, stick to a budget that you are comfortable in paying, get the maintenance history(when the turbo unit was replaced and how many times) get a PPI, you are done... buying a BMW and worry about cost of maintenance is not the way to go..also driving 35000 to 40000 km a year, premium gas will be expensive too unless yo can write off.

Happy shopping...

Last edited by damameke; 11-21-2012 at 09:49 AM.
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 10:21 AM   #22
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
It is fine to ask for advice or opinion in this forum pertaining to 335, also if you research enough, you wil know of the known turbo issue and the extension of that warranty.

Each 335 owners experienced different issues on their cars, BMWdouche had a bad experience , hence he posted his regret , on the other hands, there are owners that has little issues.

If you want to get the 335, stick to a budget that you are comfortable in paying, get the maintenance history(when the turbo unit was replaced and how many times) get a PPI, you are done... buying a BMW and worry about cost of maintenance is not the way to go..also driving 35000 to 40000 km a year, premium gas will be expensive too unless yo can write off.

Happy shopping...

Fair enough. But you can't deny the fact that the 335 (ESPECIALLY the 2007) consistently tops the rankings of the most unreliable cars in North America.

It is just not worth the risk.. the odds of getting a good one for that little money are soooo slim that the risk is just not worth it in my opinion.

This guy seems like someone who is already tossing and turning over this decision and I can really see him regretting this in the future. Keep in mind that most of these 07's have been chipped for a long time and have been running consistent high levels of boost. I would not do it.

Even if I had all the cash in the world.. sitting in a dead car in the middle of the 401 in a winter snow storm because the HPFP has died.. having to pay thousands to fix it and knowing that this shit could happen again in a month makes it not worth it.

OP can do whatever he wants as most of us do, but it is just honestly a terrible idea.
Old 11-21-2012, 06:08 PM   #23
damameke
6th Gear Member

Op is trying to get reassurance that the 335 he buys, he will not regret it...personally he should just stick to his Acura...or buy alot of warranty on the 335...if its me, I would look at getting an older 330 or a newer 328
Old 11-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #24
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

For myself, I'm just banking my money now. I will wait for what I want if need be. Not to mention giving a bigger down payment looks better and they can move the funds around a little more to give me the car for the price I want.

I wish you luck, but most 335i around the 08' year date are going to be a bit costly. I would keep saving and buy newer around 2009, 10' and get some warranty with it.
Old 11-22-2012, 01:08 PM   #25
BMWdouche
Not Banned... Yet

In conclusion........

DON"T DO IT OP
Old 11-27-2012, 10:48 PM   #26
saltpetre
1st Gear Newbie

Hey Guys, i just prices are going done as the year is almost coming to an end. i found a 2007 335i bmw coupe for 21500. 99000kms on it. prem/sport package. its not @ bmw dealership but a regular used car dealership. The guys said he has no issue if i take it to a BMW dealership and have it checked out.

this car is within my budget and the mileage vs the price is very competitive.

they also offered me a third party warranty for $900 a year which apparently will cover everything. don't have any experience with 3rd party warranty companies. i read somewhere they are a rip off.

any thoughts?
saltpetre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 09:51 AM   #27
Barnsdale
2nd Gear Member

If you are going to do pre-purchase do it at a reputable shop that you plan on using once you've bought, there's tons recommended on here and don't do it at the dealer. RMP is highly recommended on here depending on where your located...actually regardless of where you're located go here lol

I personally wouldn't spend 21K on a 2007 335i only to put 40,000KMS on per year.

I would find a mint low KM E46 M3 and keep the acura to rack up miles on.

GL with finding something either way!
Barnsdale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #28
Pierce330
2nd Gear Member

Don't mean to be a troll, but if you want to have some piece of mind, get a CPO...I am really siding with BMWDOUCHE...in addition, if you are just shopping at conventional used car lots that get cars at auctions, you really have to keep in mind that they are probably not in mint condition...people just want cars these days and tend to buy anything as opposed to purchasing something good. I would either purchase something CPO or just buy private! Also, getting service history on the car that you want is also something that is important...

Just my 2 cents...
E90 328i Xdrive (Current)
Pierce330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 04:34 PM   #29
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by saltpetre View Post
a 2007 335i bmw coupe for 21500. 99000kms on it. prem/sport package.

take it to a BMW dealership and have it checked out.

this car is within my budget and the mileage vs the price is very competitive.

they also offered me a third party warranty for $900 a year which apparently will cover everything.
If you like the car and within your budget,

get the repair history(Important; when was ISP 2 done, tourbo rweplace? etc etc)

get a PPI by any of the sponsors here( Necessary)

3rd party warranty, does not covers EVERYTHING, ask dealer to put it in writing if he says so,

when everything checks out (PPI) by the mechanic...buy it and enjoy....

CPO cars by BMW dealership is at least 3 to 4 thousand more and I doubt it covers bumper to bumper too.
Old 11-28-2012, 05:21 PM   #30
blakneto
3rd Gear Member

I say f*ck it... buy the car!
Life Fast!
No Regrets!
Keep dead hookers in the trunk!
See you in HELL!

You want the perfect car... it doesn't exist...
You can do everything right, and some retard smashed into you, with no insurance...

Do your homework, but don't be anal about it.

END THE THREAD! :p
blakneto is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
335i, advice, buying

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: