Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-26-2012, 02:53 PM   #1
AlpWhitE46
is a pimp

Send a message via MSN to AlpWhitE46
Texting ticket?

I was on the gardiner in 5-10 km/h traffic, and i just peeked down to look at a message i got for 2 seconds...

Mind you i hold my phone below the wheel so no way he saw the phone, it was just me looking down for 2 seconds literally.

I don't even know how he saw me look down as he wasn't even beside me, but he decides its a great idea to pull me over on the highway for this and give me a ticket.

He says i pulled you over because you texted... So i thought i would be fair and not fight with him and i said yes i told work traffic is really and i will be late to be on site.
He says your coworker could have done it, i said no it needs to be from me.
He asks if i've had a ticket before or been in trouble with the law, i said never had a ticket in my life (im almost 26)

So... I was being honest and i've never had a ticket... this guy still ends up giving me a lame ass texting ticket.

Question is, fine if he caught me talking on the phone (which i never do)... but how do you proove i was "texting"

I could have said no i wasn't, i was cleaning crumbs off my lap... or i was getting a tissue..

It's not worth it for me to really fight this ticket as its 155$... and then i would have to take a day off (loose my pay that day), and then maybe get my ticket charge lowered?
AlpWhitE46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #2
BigD
the misanthropist

If you didn't reply, you should be able to win this. I believe there was a recent court case where the courts decided that it can't be black and white - you have to touch the damn phone to answer it before going "hands-free". You can look at the phone if you got a text to see what's up. So if you didn't reply, which your text log should show, during the time he pulled you over, you might be able to get off.
Old 10-26-2012, 04:15 PM   #3
E30 Girl
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to E30 Girl
The law is you can't have the device in your hand. There are loop holes like if the device plays music etc.

Call Paul Martin - 905-850-4084

He just got me off one basically the same situation as you. Set fee for all traffic tickets is $300 just bring him the ticket $150 deposit he will set the court date and you don't have to do anything. When you get the date in the mail he will require the other $150 then.

I have used him 4-5 time and he has always gotten all charges dropped.
E30 Girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 04:56 PM   #4
BigD
the misanthropist

For what it's worth (not quite the same situation but I'm sure a lawyer could make it seem so)

http://www.thestar.com/news/gta/crim...n-toronto-case
Old 10-26-2012, 09:00 PM   #5
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Your story is confusing...

Quote:
I was on the gardiner in 5-10 km/h traffic, and i just peeked down to look at a message i got for 2 seconds...

Mind you i hold my phone below the wheel so no way he saw the phone, it was just me looking down for 2 seconds literally.

and then you say...

Quote:
So i thought i would be fair and not fight with him and i said yes i told work traffic is really and i will be late to be on site.
He says your coworker could have done it, i said no it needs to be from me.

So what is it, you confessed to a crime you didn't commit or you were infact texting (using your phone) on the gardiner during traffic and fully deserve the ticket. Sorry but I get nervous watching peoples heads bob up and down in traffic or at a light knowing they are texting and wondering if I am about to get rear ended because of that stupid 13 year old girl shit. The cop was right on both counts, if you had a passenger they could have texted for you ( or wait a text has to literally come from your fingers or you admit to talking on the phone too? ). And secondly he was right gving you the ticket. Be a man, pay the fine and realize your shit is not worth hitting someone else and ruining their day or taking their life. And word to the wise, get your story straight if you fight it, based on your OP you need to polish the lie up.

Last edited by Blackedout95; 10-26-2012 at 09:02 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:03 PM   #6
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Don't hire anyone. On the ticket check the option to plead guilty and speak to the prosecutor. It will be lowered and if need be you can still choose to fight the ticket in court if you do not get a better deal. You will get a better deal.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:06 PM   #7
325isdan
5th Gear Member

Also. always always always at the minimum talk the the prosecutor, screw "being a man" and pleading guilty to the original charge. You will f your insurance up for three years. Not worth it.
325isdan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:09 PM   #8
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325isdan View Post
Also. always always always at the minimum talk the the prosecutor, screw "being a man" and pleading guilty to the original charge. You will f your insurance up for three years. Not worth it.
You are right, being a man is so 1800's, now we feel the right to not have to answer for our actions, minor or not. I mean screw it, maybe when I see you Ill give your car a love tap and flee the scene, no need to man up or take respondsibility. Where is the line exactly when one must be a man? Thank god it isn't up to the last couple generations. Maybe just maybe if people took respondsibility they would think twice next time... sad world.
Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #9
BigD
the misanthropist

brb gonna get you a cape and a medal

The rest of us fallible humans will continue to use whatever avenues available to us to minimize the consequences of our mistakes
Old 10-26-2012, 09:45 PM   #10
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

Come now, merely obeying the law is not taking a high horse approach. We all like to complain about greedy executives, theives and people who screw others over in general. Do we not wish they be held accountable for their actions. Be careful what you wish for, live by the sword, die by it. Sometimes mistakes carry fines, that is how we hopefully learn by them and not merely minimize.

I mean what did our parents teach us right from wrong for and punish us when we made "mistakes" as you like to say. They were wasting their time, they were wrong, when I broke that window playing ball in the house my dad should have helped me create a lie to tell my mother to help minimize my consequense. That way I could grow up and be the man he always hoped Id be, one who minimizes accountability, plays the system to minimize punishment and avoids being a REAL man. My dad was so horrible growing up, disciplining me...guess he didnt know any better.

What is scary is you who believe fighting a ticket you deserve will raise children yourself. What will you teach them to do when they make a mistake, on purpose lol

Last edited by Blackedout95; 10-26-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Blackedout95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 12:43 AM   #11
davericher20
black and blue

Funny how a thread about a traffic ticket ends up being about how to raise your kids

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 10:24 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

There are also points with this ticket FYI

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual-Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;Spacers;Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 11:39 AM   #13
sirex
King Sirex

ouch that sucks.
'
Havent you guys red bmwbros posts about talking to cops?? dont tell them anything!
Old 10-27-2012, 12:49 PM   #14
LOSO
2nd Gear Member

yeah you shouldn't have admitted anything. You could've said you weren't texting, but that's not what you told the cop when he asked you.
LOSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 03:42 PM   #15
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
This cellphone bad was a huge step back because we were better off without it. Back in the days, people would talk and hold their device without hiding it. Now everyone has it on their lap and looks down while they may not admit it at the same time.... All this with police budget getting smaller and more and more newcommers to the GTA every year? Come on...
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: