Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-14-2013, 02:46 AM   #1
Z4-Villa
1st Gear Newbie

Group Buy: DKF Drone Canceling Exhaust Hanger

Hey guys Im new to the Forum but you all can find me on Zpost. I come here to spread the word about an exhaust hanger that I have been using now for about a year. DKF has been on Zpost making full exhausts for the Z4M Roadster and Coupe. In their process of success they engineered an exhaust hanger that bears the exact same fitment properties as the OEM exhaust hanger found on the E36 chassis. Basically the benefits found in the R&D for the Z4M can be had in the E36. Ive attached all the info if anyone is interested.
Attached Files
File Type: zip Hanger write up.pages.zip (136.8 KB, 17 views)
File Type: zip DYI LETTER HANGERS-1 copy.pages.zip (202.5 KB, 7 views)
Z4-Villa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 02:51 AM   #2
Z4-Villa
1st Gear Newbie

Here are some pics of the hangers themselves. The allow for perfect Exhaust tip alignment and Cancel a good amount of drone. Im almost adding a link to this so everyone can see the results from other users around the world.http://www.zpost.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13558627
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DKFH1_zps1cda952f.jpg (92.1 KB, 365 views)
File Type: jpg DKFH_zps884500c4.jpg (116.3 KB, 362 views)
Old 03-14-2013, 02:56 AM   #3
Z4-Villa
1st Gear Newbie

DKF has yet to get any pics of these installed on an E36 so this may involve a volunteer for a test fit. One member can try this set out free of charge. Who ever is interested let me know, looking foward to test fitting the first E36M3

Last edited by Z4-Villa; 03-14-2013 at 05:09 AM.
Old 03-14-2013, 08:29 AM   #4
FermiParadox
2nd Gear Member

Looks like a pretty robust set of hangers.
FermiParadox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 12:58 PM   #5
goldwing
1st Gear Newbie

yes they are they provide perfect tip alignment If you are doing an aftermarket exhaust or about about to do one theses little hangers here can save you a ton of time. And give you that exact tip placement you are looking for.

Last edited by goldwing; 03-14-2013 at 01:01 PM.
goldwing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 05:12 PM   #6
Schiopa
1st Gear Newbie

Hey I'll volunteer for that, it will fit with Umnitza catback?
Schiopa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2013, 11:51 PM   #7
goldwing
1st Gear Newbie

This is some information from DKF hope this helped in explaining what the hanger do and how well they are made:

DKF Hangers:
-For anyone who has installed exhaust on our cars and worked hard to get the perfect tip alignment, DKF has created a serious solution for this. The hangers allow left to right and up and down adjustment independent of one another. This is a huge improvement when compared to the spherical joint that BWM uses where all alignment relies on the spherical joint and a two bolt flange.

-The hangers have also been designed to dampen and help eliminate drone by using an isolation pad between the hangers and body, isolation mounts between the mufflers and the hangers and isolation washers

-I have been using the hangers for about 300 miles and really like them. They have allowed me to get perfect exhaust tip alignment with he rear bumper and do help tone down the drone inside the cabin.

-In the realoem.com diagram I added, the green arrows point to the OEM parts the DKF hangers replace

Here are the specifications and description DKF e-mailed to me:
Hanger specifications

1. 3/8 304 S/S lazer cut
2. lazer welded joints
3. vibration isolation washers
4. isolator mounts
5. 1/4 silicone rubber to insulate hanger from bottom of car.

The unique design of the hanger virtually allows you to correct any tip issues you may encounter, by allowing you to align your tips perfectly, in any plane you choose. As many of us know , if you over torque the OEM hangers this can produce cab vibration and drone which as we know can be very unpleasant and hard on the ears ( not to mention nerves). The silicon isolators will virtually eliminate the dreaded cab vibration and drone by allowing the exhaust to stretch in the correct direction eliminating stress on the hangers. The washers provided in the kit are silicone which help delete the transfer of vibration which lead to cab/drone. Lastly we have selected a 1/4 inch silicone isolation pad, to virtually eliminate the transfer of vibration from the hanger to the car. The innovative design of the hangers and the use of the silicon isolators allow us to greatly reduce or eliminate the cab/drone caused by the vibrations transmitted to the car body through the exhaust. The end result is a more enjoyable driving experience.

Last edited by goldwing; 03-15-2013 at 12:14 AM. Reason: more info from DKF
Old 03-15-2013, 12:37 AM   #8
knightowl
2nd Gear Member

I am about to install a brand new catback. I would volunteer with tons of pics.
knightowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 07:53 AM   #9
Z4-Villa
1st Gear Newbie

We already have a volunteer guys, anyone else interested in the group buy to cut down some pricing post and place you name on the list.

Group Buy Pricing:
01 to 09 = $159.99/pair
10 or more = $139.99/pair
Shipping and Handeling $15.00 (within States) plus
Pay Pal fees
Old 03-21-2013, 07:34 PM   #10
goldwing
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by knightowl View Post
I am about to install a brand new catback. I would volunteer with tons of pics.
Pm ed
Old 03-21-2013, 08:58 PM   #11
BmW1819
6th Gear Member

Pm ed
BmW1819 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 09:33 AM   #12
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

pm'ed!
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)

Last edited by iverson03tj; 03-27-2013 at 09:37 AM.
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 10:04 AM   #13
Z4-Villa
1st Gear Newbie

In case anyone Is wonderIng most of the vIbratIon from the exhaust wIll be gone using this kit of course with high and exhaust volumes that might change but driving around town I can tell you that in my z4 M there has been a noticeable difference

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: