Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-29-2012, 12:47 PM   #1
5ABIVT
Cheap reliable fast.Pick2

Question Where to buy Castrol TWS in the West end???

Maranello too far... may as well buy from turner and the shipping tax/duty would be the same as killing gas and time going across the city.

Anyone in Oakville, Saga etc sell the TWS at a 'normal' price? No Dealers of course they can go F* themselves (cough budds )
5ABIVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:22 PM   #2
Steve30
Techno Viking

I don't think anyone can beat Mike's price for TWS.. Why not buy enough for like 3 or 4 oil changes? You can also use the lubro 10w60. I'm currently using that and its holding up well. Jay @ Stance Factory says the TWS and Lubro are essentially the same oil (they pretty much copied the TWS) The only benefit of the TWS is cold weather protection but if you don't winter drive the car its ok.

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 06:34 PM   #3
toy4to
1st Gear Newbie

Call up BMW of Mississauga. I buy all my oil from them, with a discount.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5ABIVT View Post
Maranello too far... may as well buy from turner and the shipping tax/duty would be the same as killing gas and time going across the city.

Anyone in Oakville, Saga etc sell the TWS at a 'normal' price? No Dealers of course they can go F* themselves (cough budds )
toy4to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 04:05 PM   #4
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
I don't think anyone can beat Mike's price for TWS.. Why not buy enough for like 3 or 4 oil changes? You can also use the lubro 10w60. I'm currently using that and its holding up well. Jay @ Stance Factory says the TWS and Lubro are essentially the same oil (they pretty much copied the TWS) The only benefit of the TWS is cold weather protection but if you don't winter drive the car its ok.
TWS is also better for those who want extended intervals. If your like me and change it every say 3k-5k it won't make a difference.

What do I use? Castrol TWS and Mann filter. Lubro is good, we carry it as well and have never had any issues. I spent a lot of time at bobistheoilguy.com and was reading from engineers at Castrol (or ex engineers) that worked on the TWS oil back from the 70's recommended to use the Castrol for those who really push their cars, and for those who don't then do not worry between the brands.

I'll see if I can pull up those threads. I ordered a bottle from blackstone and will do a UOA when I do my soon up coming oil change as my car has had TWS in it from day 1 (serviced at BMW of Mississauga with all records up to me).

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #5
5ABIVT
Cheap reliable fast.Pick2

Thx Jon picked it up from you Im definitely a Fan of the tws I also use it in my 8500 rpm 6.0L solid roller in the vette. Is also ordered a uoa kit and will be doing it at this change and will report the results.
5ABIVT is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: