Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #1
sp1
1st Gear Newbie

Electronic Rust Protection

I put it to test. Check out the link below.

http://electronicrp.blogspot.ca/
sp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
Tekals
DIYer

The principle on which this system is based on works.

However, i'm just curious on how this system will change anything as your body is already connected to the negative pole of your car's battery. Plus, to be effective, the system should be always on, even when parked, as rust never goes asleep...but that would drain your battery...

I can't really say that this blog was useful and did not seem real at all. In page 2, two brakes are presented, one dusty and rusted and the other as clean as new... However, we can clearly see from the mounting holes that the "clean" one has never been mounted/used...

Just my 2cents.
Tekals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:01 PM   #3
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Agreed, the blog is hardly informative and cannot be used as evidence... A car is simply not the same as a frying pan.

The technology may work, but better research/information on vehicle applications is needed before dropping 300-400 dollars is justified
starbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 06:14 PM   #4
sp1
1st Gear Newbie

There are different devices for different types of cars.if the wrong product is used,the device will not work.

Iíll give u a simple example.u buy a premium gas car.u put diesel instead of premium gas.what will be the review of that car???

I use the same device that dealers use.do u think a multibillion $ company would sell a fake product?u can put a law suit against them.no company is stupid to do that.

Any one can not install this device.u need someone professional to install this device.some one who knows where & how to install this device.

I have 2 deep scratches on my 2005 corolla.because of the electronic rust protection,I have no rust.the device I install works.

Iím an electronics engineer,so I know what type of circuitry is being used.

In short,the device I install works.and is proven by me.
sp1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 09:42 PM   #5
Discostar
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1 View Post
Iím an electronics engineer,so I know what type of circuitry is being used.

In short,the device I install works.and is proven by me.
Show us your diploma!!
Old 09-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #6
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Can we ban this spammer already? What happened to the mods on this forums?!

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 11:36 PM   #7
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Furthermore, the OP has not addressed Tekals question of battery drain.

Also, the fact that you(OP) have deep scratches in your corolla that have not rusted, IS NOT evidence that the rust protection works. I have a project car (Ford Mustang) that is a salvage car that has been sitting on my driveway for over 2.5 years. It has exposed metal and broken paint seals in various locations. Most of those exposed areas have not rusted at all. I am not using any form of rust protection.

And for an electronics engineer to be presenting the type of "evidence" you have been presenting, as well as the manner in which you present it, seriously gives me concern as to whether you are an electronics engineer. I spent a good portion of my post secondary education in an engineering program, and I have never seen findings presented in this way. You may be an engineer, but that doesnt mean you are correct.

At the end of it all, I wish and hope your findings are correct as I despise rust. But again, your research does not justify spending 300 dollars on this until you can organize and document your research / results in a better way.

"I use the same device that dealers use.do u think a multibillion $ company would sell a fake product?u can put a law suit against them.no company is stupid to do that."

MANY companies sell products that dont do what they advertise, and they often protect themselves from lawsuits using fine print eg. weight loss pills, the cold air intake that will give you 15 whp etc etc

Last edited by starbuck; 09-16-2012 at 11:39 PM.
Old 09-16-2012, 11:59 PM   #8
starbuck
2nd Gear Member

Something Id like to add as I was browsing around on this subject. Your pan experiment and pics look identical to the one on this site:

http://rustprotectionexperiment.blog...xperiment.html

So I guess Im wondering if that was you that posted this 3.5 years ago, or if you are just taking material that isnt yours to validate your position and get sales ??
Old 09-17-2012, 01:07 AM   #9
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Taken an example from the sea the oil rigs have implemented this form of rust deferral but the rig is totally underwater where as the car is not. I've 'toyed' with the product that CT sells and though it is on sales a few times a year I'm not convinced it works 100%. I just oil spray my vehicle and 12 years later its good as new as the day I brought the car home!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 08:01 AM   #10
dcramer
5th Gear Member

According to this http://ziebart.mb.ca/home/content/view/55/2/ they only work in the sense that the seller gets richer.

Admittedly this is from a zeibart site, but a little googling will find you another study which yields the same results.
Old 09-17-2012, 08:45 AM   #11
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

OP is a scammer/spammer
Old 09-17-2012, 11:03 AM   #12
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

lol. If you want anyone to take you seriously, get a better website. That thing looks horrendous. Regardless of whether it works or not, I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw you after seeing that mess of a page...
Old 09-17-2012, 12:06 PM   #13
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

A while back I noticed a bit of bubbling around the factory beading of the seam on my doors. As I grounded the beading down I was surprised to see corrosion on all the factory sealed seams yet no visible corrision. I eventually removed all the factory beading at the seams of the doors and had a local shop treat and redo them all. To this day so far so good.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:19 PM   #14
MrRWD
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
A while back I noticed a bit of bubbling around the factory beading of the seam on my doors. As I grounded the beading down I was surprised to see corrosion on all the factory sealed seams yet no visible corrision. I eventually removed all the factory beading at the seams of the doors and had a local shop treat and redo them all. To this day so far so good.
^ That's a common problem for BMW's (E36, and E46's anyway). GM's even worse. After 3 years or so, you'll start seeing it.

OP is definitely a scammer.

There is no real Accredited "Electronics Eingineer" program. It's either Electrical Engineering or most likely a technology school... but not Engineering

These electronic rust boxes don't work. In theory, it' is great, but it doesn't really work.

Your best bet is some good rust proofing the day you pick up the car, and yearly or bi-yearly applications - or don't winter drive the car.
MrRWD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 02:14 PM   #15
defaultName
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sp1 View Post
u need someone professional to install this device.
You're not really showing how professional you are when you write in red and have terrible punctuation and spelling.
defaultName is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: