Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-08-2012, 03:31 PM   #76
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMe30 View Post
I was there when this car was doing the runs... It was running way too rich.. They figured that if it was running the proper afr at wot then it would hit that 200whp mark or really close to it.

I gotta say.. That motor sounds amazing
I installed my new AEM wideband on Friday night, it definitely works much better than the LC-1 that I had, it also shows that my LC-1 was out of calibration too because the bit of tuning that I did do with it ended up being too rich according to the AEM. I leaned things out a bit and the car definitely felt more eager on the top end. Watch out Kamus because I'm gunning for 200whp out of my 2.8L M20
Old 10-08-2012, 04:22 PM   #77
BMe30
all by chance...

Nice i see a dyno tuning day coming...

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2012, 06:36 PM   #78
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Bring it on buddy! Mark has already been in touch with me, just need to set up a date to flash me a new file. I have high hopes!

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2012, 12:31 AM   #79
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kamus View Post
Agreed - i am looking for the same. If you look at the black line (air-fuel) there is a drop off after 4500rpm. I'm gonna be asking Mark D to take a look at potential causes of that - hopefully addressing that will get us closer to the expected 200.
yea your car is running FAR too rich... the target lambda should be around 0.91-0.92, definitely no richer then 0.88.... turbo cars don't even need as much fuel as you're running
Old 10-18-2012, 10:07 PM   #80
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

Update: Mark D provided a software update today, and the car has come even more alive in the 4000 to 6500 range! Sh!tloads of urgency and quite a bit more pull in all gears and everything feels and sounds a lot smoother too. Next step will be some wide-band measurements, then a final adjustment to the code if the measurements suggest one is needed. And finally I will return to DragonWerks for some more dyno runs for the verdict.

Also Id like to clarify something: in earlier posts I may have given the impression that Mark has tuned my car in the past. This is not the case, what I actually have is an off the shelf product from Metric Mechanic that Mark was involved in the development of. Mark has very graciously agreed to help further with getting the most out of the product in my particular car.

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2012, 11:44 AM   #81
BMe30
all by chance...

No confusion here.. Cant wait to see your new numbers

Gone but not forgotten
BMe30 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: