Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmerboys
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-19-2012, 03:19 PM   #1
TheMadChigga
Taiwan Panda Racing Unit.

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
BimmerBoys: not a good experience.

I've given PJ plenty of time to get back to me but I've simply have had enough.

I originally got into contacted with PJ about the E36 M3 bumper they sell, was happy with the price and inquire about the M52 swap they had as I wanted one for our Ti, all I need was everything for the swap exclude the transmission, that was May 16th.

This was from one of my original PM:

Quote:
Hi PJ, thanks for getting back to me, btw, the M52 you have, do you have everything as is from the E36? I'm looking for new engine for the Ti, if so, how much would you ask for the whole thing incld DME & harness?

Regards,

Sam
We worked out on a delivery date and price for the swap & front bumper, I paid deposit on May 18th on Paypal, the engine was dropped off on June 7th, and I paid rest of it the same day, few things were missing from the initial drop off, but he later brought more.

On June 11th Jay let me know the following was missing:
- MAF
- Knock sensor
- Cam position sensor
- power steering pump
- Power steering pump lines
- power steering reservoir
- Air box

I immediately let PJ know that those things were missing and also asked for tracking number for my bumper, I gave him the benefit of doubt and waited, in the mean time I try to source the pump on max as time is more important to me, I once more sent him another PM asking where things are and if they will be dropped off soon, the PM was sent on the 14th, as the swap was meant to be done within 2-3 days, and by now I've got a car sitting at the shop taking up space.

On the 17th, I sent PJ a PM telling him I'd like to know where things are and gave him options, here was my PM:

Quote:
Hi PJ, I don't like to get into this but here's basically what my actions will be.

1: I'd like the missing parts send to Stance Factory ASAP, it shouldn't take longer than a day to find all the missing parts, you do not need to find a power steering pump as I've already purchased one and I'd like to know where my front bumper is, if those are done by Tuesday morning then things go on as normal, I'll forget about this great inconvenience.

2: If you cannot find the missing parts, I'd like to be re-imburse on the missing parts as it was part of the original deal, I will give you a complete write down on how much it costs me to find those parts, most I will purchase used but if not, I will have to purchase new, and I'd also like to know where my bumper is, once again, I'd like to know by Tuesday morning.

3: If you do not reply by tomorrow morning I will automatically assume you do not want to deal with this matter and I will file through paypal for resolution and I will deny payment on my credit card, as the $800 was placed on my credit card through paypal and will leave a note on the board of my experience.

I've given plenty of time for both the dismount and delivery of the engine and bumper, in fact the first deposit was made on May 18th with delivery schedule for June 7th, that's 3 weeks of time, if during that time you had notice lack of parts as promise, I would've appreciated you letting me know about it and I would've either not gone through with the deal or find another way to deal with it, but right now it has become a problem that it should not have become and a rather of a disappointment.

Regards,

Sam
Which he immediately responded with:

Quote:
I dont know what the problem is here? I told you I've got the parts and they were shipped out along with the bumper, so yes you'll have them.

just an FYI, I thought you bought an engine, wire harness and ecu. not a power steering pump not an alternator, not an intake, throttle, throttle boot. those are all items I sell separately because they are worth hundreds of dollars as individual items. what you are asking me to deliver is an engine swap. This is a case of miss-communication and I should have been more clear as to what I included for the 500$ price of the engine+harness+ecu. I apologize for that but as I said, I am satisfied that I went over and above what any other company would have done.

I dont want to argue with you about any of this,

The knock sensors, air box, vacuum hose and bumper are on their way, so really no need to worry about
Comes today, I've received a bumper with air box and knock sensor with various spark plug covers in them, not sure why he even put spark plug covers as I never asked for one.

But the fact I'm still missing various parts that are needed for the swap to be completed is completely driving me nuts, I've given the benefit of doubt numerous time and plenty of time for the removal and delivery of the engine, I would've love to be able to call them and ask about all these things but there was no phone number on the site, I even forwarded my phone #, if there was any issues or miscommunications, PJ should've let me know, I've NEVER not pay for what its worth on any transactions, if he really thought what he sold was too cheap, he had 3 weeks to tell me before the delivery, and as far as miscommunications go, they are in the business of BMW, its hard to mistaken that there were no 6cyl Ti sold in North America and its hard to finish an engine swap without those things.

Bottom line: I'm not looking for any reimbursement, I won't file dispute on paypal, I just want to move ahead and get my swap finish, I will source the missing parts myself, but extremely disappointed in PJ/BimmerBoys and how things were handled.

PJ, here's an advice, miscommunication happens, its simply put it, mistakes, but its lack of communication that's the most dangerous thing in business, a customer not knowing where things are or what's happening won't be a happy one, reputation is what brings people in/back, I hope you can learn from this.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:30 PM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I have to admit... communication is not his strong point at all...

that sucks though man...

I really don't see the obsession with parting out these motors into individual pieces... or should I say attempting to sell a "complete" motor with missing accessories, manifolds, fuel rails ect. That is NOT a complete motor.

Whatever the issue is I think it's the sellers responsibility to be CLEAR on what their definition of a complete motor is. And if they sell it in a non running condition (ie. missing parts) then it should be stated as such.

If people want to sell individual parts then do so, but don't sell motors with missing parts that's just ignorant.
Old 06-19-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
TheMadChigga

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga Send a message via AIM to TheMadChigga Send a message via MSN to TheMadChigga
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
I have to admit... communication is not his strong point at all...

that sucks though man...

I really don't see the obsession with parting out these motors into individual pieces... or should I say attempting to sell a "complete" motor with missing accessories, manifolds, fuel rails ect. That is NOT a complete motor.

Whatever the issue is I think it's the sellers responsibility to be CLEAR on what their definition of a complete motor is. And if they sell it in a non running condition (ie. missing parts) then it should be stated as such.

If people want to sell individual parts then do so, but don't sell motors with missing parts that's just ignorant.
I admit it does suck, I made the decision based on people had good experiences with him and I rather buy from a Max vendor than say Standard, not that others are bad, I actually had a really good experience with Standard Auto, but its just something like this, I just prefer buy "local", I do the same for bread etc, I like to buy from local small bakeries.
Old 06-19-2012, 06:23 PM   #4
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

And it bit ya in the ass. typical "vendor" experience these days, albeit a very SMALL select few are still good.

This is why i get new parts mainly, and get used parts private or bite the bullet on shipping on BFc. Trying to make riches from rags, not cool.

Last edited by 5style; 06-19-2012 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-19-2012, 07:18 PM   #5
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

ya where Im from a motor swap includes everything unless stated otherwise.
Old 06-19-2012, 09:19 PM   #6
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

My brother emailed them through their site for e36 brake parts about a week ago. Never heard, so he bought elsewhere.

Not sure if we will attempt doing business with them again.

As far as your situation, I would reverse Pay Pal, As far as I am concerned an engine includes everything for it to run UNLESS otherwise specified by the SELLER. HUUGE inconvenience for you.

I would give them the benefit of the doubt, it isn't running a business and satisfying everyone always, but not a good way for them to start...

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
Old 06-19-2012, 10:34 PM   #7
Chefskinny
2nd Gear Member

I wasn't going to post this but I'm having a similar experience with Bimmerboys Pj, albeit a much smaller item and not really a big deal to me I just hate being jerked around.

I purchased a steering wheel from him, pics showed wheel, centre emblem from wheel and all looked good. He even gave me a free shift knob which I thought was awesome. I sent payment right away, he said it would ship out in the morning, which was great because I needed it to move the car.

After it not showing up and me having to ask a bunch of times about it, I was told he "shipped it" and guesses he can't trust Canada Post anymore. It takes 2-3 days from London to Toronto FYI. He ends up saying If I don't receive it within 3 days he'll refund my money and if it shows up after it's mine to keep. As I was sure it would, it showed up on Day 2, not being a moron I looked at the shipping date which was 2 days previous so the whole time he was just flat out lying to me.

I got the wheel and it was as described and in great shape, except the emblem was missing. Blah blah blah he was getting one for me, then he ignored pm's, then he couldn't find it, then he was ordering one from ebay, then he ignored pm's, then the one from ebay was "cheap chinese knock-off", then finally he says he'll look for one at the junkyard for me (saturday) and if he can't find one he offered to just refund me $10 and wish me luck in my search. Tired of dealing with this I posted on r3v and had 3 of them available to me for less than $10, within 15hr's.

Now i've PM'd him asking him for the $10 and he's just ignoring me. I really could care less about the $10, nor do I expect him to come through on it, but the time he has wasted of mine is a bit inexcusable. This whole thing started April 16!

I talked to him a couple times on the phone about the Motor setup he had and he really seems like a good guy, but if he wants to run a business he really needs to step up and be honest with people. Hopefully he'll take this and turn it into something positive for his business and the community.
Old 06-19-2012, 11:50 PM   #8
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
I pm'ed bimmerboys about a 3.73 they were selling a few times, they never replied. I just figured they weren't interested.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 06-20-2012, 03:36 AM   #9
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

From what i understand (and i'm sorry if i got it wrong!) this is a part time business for them, and this can be a mistake since something like that will need 110% dedication! Running a shop is no joke, problems happen all the time but how you deal with them is the key.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X5 M3 M5

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Old 06-20-2012, 06:34 AM   #10
E36is
'OldSchool..'

another for bimmerboys...I went in for one of their groupbuys, he did offer to drop off the part but unfortunately i wasnt available at the time he wanted, no problem. quick pm back saying i'll meet him where ever he wants to complete the transaction (also has my cell#)... no reply.. send him another pm saying the exact thing... nothing.. its been 2 weeks and still no response.. i have the cash in hand collecting dust...
Old 06-20-2012, 08:07 AM   #11
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Doesn't anyone pick up the phone anymore? I get emails and PM to cover your ass, but a simple phone call gets to the bottom - then send a follow up PM or email.

Old 06-20-2012, 10:15 AM   #12
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
Doesn't anyone pick up the phone anymore? I get emails and PM to cover your ass, but a simple phone call gets to the bottom - then send a follow up PM or email.
Most times I would pick up the phone for sure. Sometimes though, it imay be after hours, you maybe in the middle of doing something while sending an email on your phone, or you simply don't need the info right away so you email and wait for the response to deal with at a later time.

In any case, I don't believe they have a # listed on their site, however if they offer a way of getting in touch with them via email, then they should follow up on that.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
Old 06-20-2012, 11:46 AM   #13
TheMadChigga

Quote:
Originally Posted by sproule905 View Post
There's no phone # on their website nor he ever gave me any so I sent him mine and ask him to give me a call, but that never happened.
Old 06-20-2012, 08:26 PM   #14
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

wow Geeze Guys... I'm in Europe at the Euro Cup... looks like I left too much unfinished business behind!

I'm trying to get my wife to hook everything up but she is no mechanic. I didn't start this to rip anyone off. far from it! I did this cuz I can get better prices and just wanted to make a few bucks on the side. BUT let me address some of the madness before it gets out of hand...

to "Madchigga" I understand your frustration, but you have been very selective with your PM references here. you were NEVER sold a "Complete" engine EVER! period. If you disagree then please find or invent the quote where I promised you a SWAP rather than a motor.

you asked for and were given a price on a "motor harness and ecu" remember? shall I find that PM for you?

Not until some time after did you realize that what you needed was a complete swap, at which time you began to badger me for more and more parts to the point of threatening to contact your credit card company!
Sorry about the miss-communication but I gave you every nut and bolt I had. no Power steering pump or lines, no, but I did my best.

What else are you missing after today besides that?
Old 06-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #15
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

To Proper, Notorious, 5style and SIR. I was not selling a motor swap, just a motor ecu and harness. the price for the swap can be found in the for sale section and is far more than I got for the parts agreed on. Sam and I agreed on 450$ for the M52, wire harness and ecu. assuming that the Harness and ecu are 100$ each does that then mean that a motor, power steering pump, 140amp alternator, throttle, throttle boots, air box, m50 intake, sell for 250$? YIKES!

To: e36is regarding the Rad, sorry I missed you, but I wasn't able to deliver and am only seldom in Toronto. I can only at this point accept Paypal or an EMT and then ship the parts when they come in. or if you prefer to pick it up I can take cash.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: