Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Forced Induction
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-14-2012, 09:03 PM   #1
Sebi_IX
1st Gear Newbie

Arrow Mega Squirt For TURBO M20B25 E30 ix '86

Hello, i decided to instal a turbo on my m20 e30, i really want to do it my self , i want to get Mega Squirt as a stand alone, its first project so i don't really know what to get and what I really need.
Some of my first questions are:

What should I get MS2? MS3? Whats with the expansions ? Relay Board ? I want to get a complete system ( the electrics on my car are really messy I am the 4-th owner ) i want to change all electrics so i have to know buy a nother stock electrical wires or i will make one for MS

The air box is detuning frequently...Its any way i can cancel it? I want individual throttle body for my intake

What sensors do i have to get? I want a complete order from first time, i want a single shipment.

P.S Can you writhe without "Abbreviations" or better explain them
Sebi_IX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 01:40 PM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

I will suggest you contact the following person maybe:

Name: Bogdan Nituleac
Company: Freelancer
Country / Town / Area : Romania, Bucharest
Email : radu.nituleac@yahoo.com

He deals with VEMS ECU's and that is a far better ECU then MS.... also he's local to you and that will make all the difference believe me.
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2012, 03:39 PM   #3
DIY
Permanently Dirty

Although I do agree with the previous post if you want the cheapist you can grab a megasquirt...
Also if you Pm Bullet Ride he has just done this so he might get you the best response..

Currently I have a msII with the version 3 board, 3 ignition drivers for wasted spark, the glens garage board and components to run the idle control valve (ICV), and the boost control add on.. If your gonna wire it yourself you don't need any plug and play stuff...

And that's the basics.. I think
To run the engine, you need a: throttle position sensor(TPS), map sensor(MAP), air temperatue sensor(IAT)..
If someone wants to finish that would be swell... My break is over
Old 06-19-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DIY View Post
Although I do agree with the previous post if you want the cheapist you can grab a megasquirt..
I don't agree especially because people always seem to think MS is the cheapest... an assembled MS3 + expansion board is $645 on diyautotune... and that still leaves you with silly DB style PC connectors, no wideband, only logic level IGN outputs, etc, etc.

On top of that people generally purchase a 3rd party logging suite to make it worth your while and map the VE table. That's another $30 (tunerstudio.com)

So $645 + $150 for a WBO2 (LC-1 is a garbage unit but most use it because of it's price) is $800 USD, plus shipping for each item + taxes and duties. Plus $30 for a proper datalogging software.

A VEMS is a far better solution in all aspects believe me.

If you come back and say he could build an MS himself for less, that is something a lot of people shouldn't be doing with a limited skill set IMO but that is also possible with a VEMS (to DIY it). But comparing ready built units is far easier and much more common.

Retail on the VEMS with the similar options (ie. SD logging) but with full power IGN outputs (x8) plus all the AMP connectors for the ECU + the standard WB02 (up to two WB's can be used) is roughly $820 CDN incl. shipping...

Add another $80 approx for a VW WB02 sensor (Bosch) and you're rocking for less then an MS3 but with more configurability, better reliability modern SMD build process, watertight automotive AMP connectors a proper all in one tuning and logging suite with GPS connectivity, WEB connectivity for troubleshooting, Android application for dash display, AIM output from the ECU to be used with race dashboards or any AIM compatible device, etc, etc.

You kind of get the picture here.
Old 06-20-2012, 04:44 AM   #5
Sebi_IX
1st Gear Newbie

Sounds Good

I changed my mind, Vems sounds better...I e-maild to your romanian contact, but so far nothing.

I still don't know what to buy, can you please make me a list or somthing, if there is a DiY soldering kit for vems its ok becouse my dad its an electronist

Thank you very much, NOTORIOUS VR, every spare time i have, im reading the internet for answers...
Old 06-20-2012, 11:42 AM   #6
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebi_IX View Post
I changed my mind, Vems sounds better...I e-maild to your romanian contact, but so far nothing.
I cannot guarantee contact from that particular person... it was taken from a slightly older list on another forum.. I am attempting to see if I can find a more recent contact just in case... hang tight.

Quote:
I still don't know what to buy, can you please make me a list or somthing, if there is a DiY soldering kit for vems its ok becouse my dad its an electronist

Thank you very much, NOTORIOUS VR, every spare time i have, im reading the internet for answers...

I can put a list together for you. To be honest, it's worth paying slightly more for a completely assembled and tested ECU... that way you will be sure there are no issues and you can also request special modifications to be done to the ECU for certain functions (for instance like Immobilizer via RFID key) in house.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:53 PM   #7
Sebi_IX
1st Gear Newbie

Your Right

Yes, man your right im going to pay more for reliability. So, in "THE LIST" don't hold back make it perfect

Thanks, its the first time i get replay from forum, i really apreciate
Old 06-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #8
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Sent you a PM with contact info of an experienced VEMS and BMW installer.

Tags
m20b25 turbo megasquirt

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: