Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-19-2012, 11:40 AM   #46
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

CONSUMER BEWARE. Its simple, DO YOUR GODDAMN RESEARCH, ????, Profit.
Old 05-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #47
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
NOT that "ludacris"...Just because you can buy it off some guys back yard, does not mean this is "going rate"; if you do a quick seach at local recyclers you would find some funny things...for example

Dominion Auto, 233K Km $980 267K $980
Auto Enterprises $1200
Modern Auto parts $900
Miller Auto, $800 For parts
Jays Auto $850....

So just beause Chuck's is not the best price around, does not make him crazy or trying to "rip you off". If that was the case, someone call the cops beacause Auto Enterprises are asking $1200 for a motor, they must be criminals!!!!

Bottom line is, you go to his shop wanting to buy something. He did NOT come to your house trying to get you to buy anything. IF you like it, you buy, if not there are many other places out there. I dont get why people are SO upset and personal if you dont have the price they want.

Unless you are a non profit organization, any business is about making $$$, and unless you are a scam or do bad work, nothing wrong about it!!! Lets not be hypocritical about it, if i make a post right now about "Wanted to buy; M52 motor for $2000" I would have 1000 people offering me one! Are they wrong? Am i wrong for not shopping around? Who knows, but this is exactly what will happen.
Is it me or do none of you know what a short block is? Because you and a few others seem to think short block = motor.

$950 for a block + rotating assembly (pistons, rods and crank) but nothing else (no head, no oil pan, no nothing) is just a stupid price. Especially for a 1999 M5x or anything of that vintage.

if it were $950 for a complete motor I wouldn't have even said anything.
Old 05-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #48
ericdalinda
6th Gear Member

Notrious should be thanked rather then flamed...

Thank you, for helping the community... disgusts me to know that a person out there would actually pay that.
ericdalinda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #49
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Lol freakonomics. A part is worth exactly what somebody will pay for it.
85 325e M5
07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
DR.ZED is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 10:22 AM   #50
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

This is why I hate used parts. The market and prices are so volatile that a hunk of junk could sell for 950$ while something good will fetch 500$, I just sold an m52 in excellent condition for 450$ so 950$ for a block is a joke.

In my experience max members are not cheap! I've filled dozens of orders in the last month and no one has complained about my prices! It's a fundamental rule of economics that sellers want high prices and buyers want low, nothing about being cheap. Besides most of us aren't wealthy so we do our best to save on parts when we can.
BimmerBoys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 12:29 PM   #51
BMWe36 m3
1st Gear Newbie

Responce from Chucks Auto - Not the whole story

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
I emailed them in regards to this Kijiji ad:

http://toronto.kijiji.ca/c-cars-vehi...AdIdZ368010624

I figure I'd see what they would want for the complete M52B28, apparently it has something missing from the motor and they had to take apart the head.

Fine... I email asking how much for the complete motor and what part is missing from it.

I get a reply

I normally would ignore a retarded reply like that, but I had to tell him how much of a crazy person he is for asking that much for a SHORT BLOCK and that I would be posting this in some forums to let people know to avoid them.

Some peoples kids
my name is Dave, I work with Chuck at Chucks Auto and was very dissapointed and outraged to find this post. It is only part of the story. I responded to the e-mail and explained that the engine quoted was the newer aluminum block, had very low mileage 90K and included the head and oil pan. Pictures of the engine were included. I further explained that we had complete motors for sale that were the older steel block for as low as $500 but had up to 200,000K. None of that was posted to this thread. We work very hard to service this community and supply quality parts at fair prices. You may pay more than someone who is selling stripped parts out of their backyard. The comparrison is not fair. I offered the best quality I had - not the cheapest part. If the poster cannot tell the price differance between a later generation aluminum block engine with 90K and a steel block engine with 200K - I loose all faith in these forums. If they want to post the outrage they feel - they should also post the follow - up e-mails and explainations that follow. If anyone wants to see the complete correspondance and judge themselves please contact me info@bmwallparts.com. I have nothing to hide and proudly stand behind my pricing, service and quality of parts offered.

BMWe36 m3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 01:39 PM   #52
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Can't wait to see the OP's response.....
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 03:36 PM   #53
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Can't wait to see the OP's response.....
Why don't you go shit on some more for sale threads... you know... be more of a hypocrite then you already seem to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWe36 m3 View Post
my name is Dave, I work with Chuck at Chucks Auto and was very dissapointed and outraged to find this post. It is only part of the story.
It's not only part of the story. I'm only relaying what we spoke about in regards to the motor about what I emailed you about. Not about some motor you sold to someone else a week or two ago.

Quote:
I responded to the e-mail and explained that the engine quoted was the newer aluminum block,
Stop lying, you didn't say anything of the sort. If you keep insisting you said that I will post the email you're talking about. But good on you to start off with a lie

Quote:
had very low mileage 90K and included the head and oil pan. Pictures of the engine were included.
Again more lies... this is actually hilarious that you're openly lying about what you said to me in emails. You are aware that emails are in hard copy right?

This is what you actually said, word for word. Direct copy and paste:
"I spoke to the mechanic – the short block had less than 90K on it. That’s why it was so much. We have a complete engine – 200 Km for $600."

You said nothing about heads or an oil pan. Nor did you attach any pictures of the motor at that time.

I then replied again, and then you said "This is the motor we sold last week for $950" and let me remind you that you specified in the kijiij ad and showed pictures of an M52B28... you sent me pictures of an M54Bxx... not the same motor... I automatically assumed that you were speaking of something else completely.

Quote:
I further explained that we had complete motors for sale that were the older steel block for as low as $500 but had up to 200,000K. None of that was posted to this thread.
Of course it wasn't posted!!! None of that ever happened! You're just talking out of your ass. You never explained anything or said anything about a steel block.

You just told me you have a complete motor with 200k on it for $600. Again, this had nothing to do with my original email to you or why I made this thread/post.

Quote:
We work very hard to service this community and supply quality parts at fair prices. You may pay more than someone who is selling stripped parts out of their backyard. The comparrison is not fair. I offered the best quality I had - not the cheapest part. If the poster cannot tell the price differance between a later generation aluminum block engine with 90K and a steel block engine with 200K - I loose all faith in these forums. If they want to post the outrage they feel - they should also post the follow - up e-mails and explainations that follow.
You loose faith in these forums? Are you serious? After the interaction with you I have lost faith in your automotive knowledge. You clearly have no idea what basic automotive mechanical terms mean and you're openly lying about what you said to me on this forum as a rebuttal.

I have no problem posting screenshots of the emails exchanged between us. But just remember at this point it will only hurt you further because you just lied your face off. All I did was keep two things completely separate from another.

Just to summerise for your next post in reply to mine:

1. I emailed you about an M52B28 from an E36.
2. You told me $950 for a short block
3. I told you that you were crazy and that I would be posting this on local forums (which I did).
4. You emailed me back about asking the mechanic that you claim it is a an aluminum block motor with 90k on it and that is why the price for the short block was that high. So still telling me that an unverifiable mileage motor, sorry short block is worth $950. Got it? Good.
5. I emailed you back saying that mileage is never verifiable, and that short blocks @ that price are nuts.
6. you email me some pics of a motor you sold a week ago (the pics are of an M54, I assume the one you were trying to sell me yet you just told me you sold it a week ago).
7. you email me saying you're disappointed with my post and that I am hiding things, which I am not at all. And you come on Max and make a post where you're flat out lying multiple times throughout your post.

Sounds about right to me. Let me know if you want me to post the emails after you've decided you want to hide your lies or not.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:47 PM   #54
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Says the guy who threatened a seller to tarnish his name cause he did not like a price.

I'm the hypocrite lol.

I'd love to see your reaction if someone contacted you for whatever it is you do for a living for a quote and then tell you your an idiot for charging that and tell you they are going up post all over that your overcharging.

Do you think it's right to threaten a business over not agreeing on a price.
Old 05-23-2012, 03:55 PM   #55
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Says the guy who threatened a seller to tarnish his name cause he did not like a price.
Are you really that dense? I started this thread beacuse the seller wanted to sell me a $950 short block. There was no mention of other motor until far later, and only until this very last email he just sent me 2 minutes ago did I figure out he was trying to sell me a completely different motor rather then the one I originally inquired about.

Of course you're too busy telling other people that E30's aren't worth as much as they want for them in the Max classifieds and probably else where.

Quote:
I'm the hypocrite lol.
Absolutely, and from what I can see in this thread and in many others most people would agree with me that you are one.

Quote:
I'd love to see your reaction if someone contacted you for whatever it is you do for a living for a quote and then tell you your an idiot for charging that and tell you they are going up post all over that your overcharging.
You're so hopeless it's not even worth it to type a response to that. Really. You should consider going back to school for basic reading comprehension or something.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #56
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

ROLF. What the hell does my schooling have to do with anything, god your childish, this whole thing is you having a hissy fit, your an online wanna be bully who threatens people who tell you something you don't like.

You threatened a business to take away from their creadablity because you didn't like a quote? Are you going to go through life attacking people and business when they tell you something you don't like, ya that's the grown up thing to do.

The fact that you threatened this business to discredit them shows your maturity and you should be banned from the fourm for doing so
Old 05-23-2012, 04:23 PM   #57
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
ROLF. What the hell does my schooling have to do with anything, god your childish, this whole thing is you having a hissy fit, your an online wanna be bully who threatens people who tell you something you don't like.

You threatened a business to take away from their creadablity because you didn't like a quote? Are you going to go through life attacking people and business when they tell you something you don't like, ya that's the grown up thing to do.

The fact that you threatened this business to discredit them shows your maturity and you should be banned from the fourm for doing so
BAHAHAHAHA! OMG... are you for real?

I literally flew off my chair I laughed so hard... ok done with you.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:53 PM   #58
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
BAHAHAHAHA! OMG... are you for real?

I literally flew off my chair I laughed so hard... ok done with you.

Ah yes your laughing because you think your high and mighty, hang onto your chair don't fall and bruise your ego. Omg I love people like yourself, ok your done with me, why is that, not used to people voicing an opinion that is not yours

Fact is fact buddy, your outa line from the start thinking you were right to threaten and then actually try and discredit someone who told you something you didnt like.

It's a public fourm, opions will differ but when you actually do something negative towards someone dont expect everyone to just watch.
Old 05-23-2012, 10:11 PM   #59
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

notorious,

you offered money, they didin't accept. you kept your money! what is the problem?

edit, their asking price is too high for you and you go on message board bitching about it! correct? true? honest? what are you looking for?

Last edited by aspen540; 05-23-2012 at 10:18 PM.
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #60
pawcio
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
notorious,

you offered money, they didin't accept. you kept your money! what is the problem?
I just want to add a thought not necessarily related to this scenario directly but relating to your comment. Just because someone doesn't fall for an exceedingly overpriced item or some sort of scam (like fake lottery or fake inheritance scams) doesn't make the perpetrator of the "scam" less guilty or less unethical.

pawcio is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: