Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-18-2012, 01:45 PM   #31
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Is it just me or can you not read?

What terms? Where did I ever say that I believe they owe me something? Where are you getting this shit from?

My OP was due to the fact that someone was trying to sell me a 1999 M52 short block for $950. WTF does anything you said have to do with anything here?
it's probably just you. if you don't like their price, go somewhere else. they're not taking anything away from you so why are you bitching?
aspen540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 01:57 PM   #32
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
^^ Cause he feels bad for others getting ripped off...

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 02:07 PM   #33
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by adreesriaz12 View Post
What if someone recommends a shop that you had a bad experiance at? you cant post that?
subjective to objective, you make no sense!
Old 05-18-2012, 02:13 PM   #34
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aspen540 View Post
it's probably just you. if you don't like their price, go somewhere else. they're not taking anything away from you so why are you bitching?
What do you think I did? I emailed the guy from the company, told him his prices were absurd and went else where.

That doesn't mean I shouldn't let people know that a company is trying to sell something far above market value.

ESPECIALLY after getting a reply stating that people seem to buy overpriced crap from them all the time.

This isn't a very difficult thing to understand. I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at with the "they're not taking anything away from you"

What is that even supposed to mean? It has nothing to do with what is going on here.

Maybe you're confused and need to re-read the thread?
Old 05-18-2012, 02:14 PM   #35
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
subjective to objective, you make no sense!
all 3 of you're posts in this thread make no sense
Old 05-18-2012, 02:53 PM   #36
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
They are. They're wasting people's time.

But I think it goes deeper. For those of you who came on the scene with Eurostyle and others already around, I can see how this reaction may seem excessive. But some of us were around when the only place you could get used BMW parts were Shantaram (well Chuck [the seller OP dealt with] too but he was more in the business of putting used shit into customer cars and charging new than a parts business). He knew it, and unless you were prepared to go to the mattresses with him, you were going to take it up the corn hole. I developed a strategy where I'd come in several times with coffee breaks in between and usually by the 3rd or 4th visit, I'd get a decent price (with the first offer often being higher than new from the dealer). And like the ad in the OP, he would also never tell you the price upfront, knowing that if you take the time to come down then you'd be more likely to stretch your asshole more than usual.

So you can play righteous advocate all you like but the bottom line is that people like this are vultures and it's a great service to the owners community to expose them for what they are.
Old 05-18-2012, 02:59 PM   #37
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
They are. They're wasting people's time.

But I think it goes deeper. For those of you who came on the scene with Eurostyle and others already around, I can see how this reaction may seem excessive. But some of us were around when the only place you could get used BMW parts were Shantaram (well Chuck [the seller OP dealt with] too but he was more in the business of putting used shit into customer cars and charging new than a parts business). He knew it, and unless you were prepared to go to the mattresses with him, you were going to take it up the corn hole. I developed a strategy where I'd come in several times with coffee breaks in between and usually by the 3rd or 4th visit, I'd get a decent price (with the first offer often being higher than new from the dealer). And like the ad in the OP, he would also never tell you the price upfront, knowing that if you take the time to come down then you'd be more likely to stretch your asshole more than usual.

So you can play righteous advocate all you like but the bottom line is that people like this are vultures and it's a great service to the owners community to expose them for what they are.
then go to the source and support the brand!
Old 05-18-2012, 03:06 PM   #38
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
That's a perfectly logical conclusion to what I said, I'll get right on that.
Old 05-18-2012, 03:32 PM   #39
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

^^^ your sig cracks me up every time... and somehow it's very fitting to the direction of this thread

Quote:
make that all 4 posts
Old 05-18-2012, 03:37 PM   #40
aspen540
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
^^^ your sig cracks me up every time... and somehow it's very fitting to the direction of this thread

make that all 4 posts
maybe if you keep on telling yourself that you'll get a better price
Old 05-18-2012, 04:13 PM   #41
BigD
the misanthropist

Quote:
lol it helps keep Max in perspective

Quote:
make that all 4 posts
At least he can spell and write without fifty periods and emoticons. Maybe the quality of our fruitcake contingent is improving.
Old 05-18-2012, 10:09 PM   #42
matty.dc
5th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to matty.dc
I love it! I did my whole M50NV swap for less than $950, nevermind a short block alone. That is quite ridiculous.

1987 325is(Midnight Tuning Tuned OBD I S52) - Current Summer Car
2012 Hyundai Veloster Tech- Daily Driver
1985 318i - 1st Car (started it all)
matty.dc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 10:17 PM   #43
davericher20
black and blue

Wow, wtf happened to this thread? Someone informing people that $950 for a block is ludacris, gets flamed for it? Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf is wrong with you people?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #44
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
Wow, wtf happened to this thread? Someone informing people that $950 for a block is ludacris, gets flamed for it? Wtf wtf wtf wtf wtf is wrong with you people?
NOT that "ludacris"...Just because you can buy it off some guys back yard, does not mean this is "going rate"; if you do a quick seach at local recyclers you would find some funny things...for example

Dominion Auto, 233K Km $980 267K $980
Auto Enterprises $1200
Modern Auto parts $900
Miller Auto, $800 For parts
Jays Auto $850....

So just beause Chuck's is not the best price around, does not make him crazy or trying to "rip you off". If that was the case, someone call the cops beacause Auto Enterprises are asking $1200 for a motor, they must be criminals!!!!

Bottom line is, you go to his shop wanting to buy something. He did NOT come to your house trying to get you to buy anything. IF you like it, you buy, if not there are many other places out there. I dont get why people are SO upset and personal if you dont have the price they want.

Unless you are a non profit organization, any business is about making $$$, and unless you are a scam or do bad work, nothing wrong about it!!! Lets not be hypocritical about it, if i make a post right now about "Wanted to buy; M52 motor for $2000" I would have 1000 people offering me one! Are they wrong? Am i wrong for not shopping around? Who knows, but this is exactly what will happen.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

Etobicoke location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2012, 09:48 AM   #45
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eurostyle View Post
NOT that "ludacris"...Just because you can buy it off some guys back yard, does not mean this is "going rate"; if you do a quick seach at local recyclers you would find some funny things...for example

Dominion Auto, 233K Km $980 267K $980
Auto Enterprises $1200
Modern Auto parts $900
Miller Auto, $800 For parts
Jays Auto $850....

So just beause Chuck's is not the best price around, does not make him crazy or trying to "rip you off". If that was the case, someone call the cops beacause Auto Enterprises are asking $1200 for a motor, they must be criminals!!!!

Bottom line is, you go to his shop wanting to buy something. He did NOT come to your house trying to get you to buy anything. IF you like it, you buy, if not there are many other places out there. I dont get why people are SO upset and personal if you dont have the price they want.

Unless you are a non profit organization, any business is about making $$$, and unless you are a scam or do bad work, nothing wrong about it!!! Lets not be hypocritical about it, if i make a post right now about "Wanted to buy; M52 motor for $2000" I would have 1000 people offering me one! Are they wrong? Am i wrong for not shopping around? Who knows, but this is exactly what will happen.
Well you saved me having to say it this morning.

Fact is when someone has something you want and its priced over what you can afford or are willing to pay there is no need to flame the business or person because you didn't get what you want. this is where the adult will walk away and drop it, or the child will try and ruin the person or business because they did not get their way.

Yes you maybe able to get it cheaper somewhere else, but if you could, why do you care then if its priced higher then you think is right, there is no scam, if they have people who pay that regularly and were not rude about it this whole complaint is just a hissy fit.

I have given prices to people for a part and received page long essay's why I should give it to them for less, sometimes with examples, I just kindly say sorry, but if you can get it somewhere else for a better price then you should get it from them, anyone selling something isn't holding a gun to your head to buy it, seller sets the price, buyer pays or offers what they want to spend, and seller decides what they will sell it for. Its pretty simple the whole thing, some people just don't like hearing no and not getting their way.

oh and Phill next time I see you I owe you about $0.50 for your $0.01 per unit sold even when I did sponsor for a year !!!!

Happy Long Weekend Everyone!!!
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: