Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Specific Regional Topics > Ontario
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-23-2012, 08:05 PM   #1
Kamil
Däs Klässe

Beware of Lyons Auto Body!!

Car was recently in an accident and tow truck driver brought it to lyons ONLY to be stored until INSURANCE appraised it. I never wanted the car repaired there anyway if its a write off or repairable. John Lyons went ahead and appraised it himself and claimed what looked like a write off as repairable with 15k plus in damages. He did not get an approval from anyone not even insurance to start working on the car but went ahead and started anyway. We plus insurance all called him about it multiple times and he ignored each and every call and kept working on the car. Now hes not releasing the car to go to another shop without putting up a fight with us and insurance and is still working on it doing a hack job even after getting an email from insurance to stop working on the car because thats not where its getting repaired. This guy and his shop are a bunch of money hungry scam artists that will fix a written off car, make it unsafe to drive, just because they want the money. DO NOT BRING YOUR CARS TO THIS SHOP ON BURNHAMTHORPE AT ALL! DO YOURSELVES A FAVOR AND GET IT FIXED AT A PROPER SHOP NOT A SHITTY CHOP SHOP!
Kamil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:27 PM   #2
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
I had the same issue when I was in an accident. Car was towed to some sketch shop and the owner wouldn't give the car up until I paid a $2500 storage fee after two days. My insurance company called the police and they dealt with it by sending a sheriff down to TAKE the car.

The body shop can't start repairing the car without your signature. My rental car was even tied in with this scam and the body shop copied my signature from the rental forms for the work order to start the body repairs. Luckily at the time the car was in my mothers name

In the end my car was taken to European Autobody and I didn't pay a penny

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread

Last edited by doogee; 02-23-2012 at 09:30 PM.
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 10:54 PM   #3
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

Remember you have the choice of where your car will be towed. If you don't say anything they will tow it to their home shop because the tow operator gets a cut for bringing the car to their shop.

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'02 Regal LS
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:20 AM   #4
Polish_328ci
2nd Gear Member

Tow trucks are the worst ppl on the planet.
You can have your car towed to any shop even if it's in the middle of the night and it's closed.
I had a huge problem with Atlantic.

Polish_328ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 12:47 AM   #5
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish_328ci View Post
Tow trucks are the worst ppl on the planet.
You can have your car towed to any shop even if it's in the middle of the night and it's closed.
I had a huge problem with Atlantic.
Which Atlantic .. North Atlantic on Advance Road in brampton is great. They offer lifetime warranty on your car as long as its not wear n tear. I had a small bubble on a fender 4 years after the fact and they repainted the whole fender.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:04 AM   #6
Eurostyle
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
Remember you have the choice of where your car will be towed. If you don't say anything they will tow it to their home shop because the tow operator gets a cut for bringing the car to their shop.
Lyons is also the police impound lot, so if you get charged and your car get taken away, guess where it goes! Same goes for parking. Had one of my cars towed and damaged by them years ago, and pretty much told to F#%K off by the people working there...I was so pissed i almost called the cops, but what would they do, they work FOR them.
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E34 E39 E60 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4

2nd location opening SOON!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 50+ cars in stock!
Eurostyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 01:15 AM   #7
Polish_328ci
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Which Atlantic .. North Atlantic on Advance Road in brampton is great. They offer lifetime warranty on your car as long as its not wear n tear. I had a small bubble on a fender 4 years after the fact and they repainted the whole fender.
Yup those were the culprits. They wouldn't want to release my car so I could take it to another shop. Tried to charge extra fees etc. the lady from Woodchester collision took care of everything for me and got my car back

These guys are also an impound lot.
When Bimmersport had my M3 impounded that's where it was towed.

Old 02-24-2012, 09:43 AM   #8
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polish_328ci View Post
Yup those were the culprits. They wouldn't want to release my car so I could take it to another shop. Tried to charge extra fees etc. the lady from Woodchester collision took care of everything for me and got my car back

These guys are also an impound lot.
When Bimmersport had my M3 impounded that's where it was towed.
They dont have the space to be an impound lot .. i think you got the wrong one. There are many Atlantic places and since you say Bimmersport impounded your car my guess is that your not paying up or doing something wrong.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #9
Polish_328ci
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
They dont have the space to be an impound lot .. i think you got the wrong one. There are many Atlantic places and since you say Bimmersport impounded your car my guess is that your not paying up or doing something wrong.
Your right! My mistake.
The one on advance is the one that have me hassle and the one on Atlantic dr. Which I think is the Mississauga one was were the car got impounded for a week.

Old 02-24-2012, 10:37 AM   #10
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Dont ever let anyone tow your car anywhere that you dont approve of.

Also, dont give chasers business. If you're a car guy, get CAA. Period.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 04:50 AM   #11
egye30
3rd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to egye30
Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
Dont ever let anyone tow your car anywhere that you dont approve of.

Also, dont give chasers business. If you're a car guy, get CAA. Period.
A CAA driver once made me wait all night to tow my e30 once, didnt even bring a flat bed so he dragged my car ass up, ended up scraping the crap out of my front lip, then he begged me so bad not to take it through his company and that he'd pay for repainting my lip (which he did).. comin to think of it.. i might have gotten a free paint job on his expense if I claimed it through CAA. But yeah nonetheless, lesson of the day is that even CAA can screw up sometimes, even if you're a gold member like me. lol

1990 325i Sterling Silver Metallic/Black leather.
M52B28 OBD-I W/ S52 Cams, M50 Manifold, SS Headers, Short ram intake, Stage 2 clutch w/ 14lb flywheel, Mark D chip tune.
Bilstein Sports with Eibach Pro springs + E90 drop hats, F+R Strut bars, '04 330ci Steering rack (3.0 Lock to lock, 13:1)
Custom Built BBS RS's 16x8 square.
egye30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:10 AM   #12
BMW BMXer
Wants a 350 Blazer.

Send a message via ICQ to BMW BMXer Send a message via AIM to BMW BMXer Send a message via MSN to BMW BMXer Send a message via Yahoo to BMW BMXer
CAA messed up the roof of my truck pretty bad (hit it off a parking garage roof) the made the driver pay out of pocket for it.

Stanceiseverything.com
BMW BMXer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 02:36 PM   #13
dbworld4k
Addict

CAA has been great in my experience. I even got the same driver two years apart, and they babied my car when loading it up - even let me drive it up the flatbed.

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
dbworld4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 06:05 PM   #14
Ewill510
1st Gear Newbie

I can sympathize I once had my licence suspended and my car towed to the local impound lot for speeding I went the next day to the impound lot to get my car back and low and behold my 1000$ stereo system was gone and my Alpina front lip and rims were on a employees e30 my car was on blocks in the impound yard the shop claimed that that is how it arrived I called the RCMP (this was in Alberta) I had pictures of the car being loaded onto the tow truck the previous day thank god the police forced the shop to pay for the stolen parts and impound and tow fees still pissed my off though cause then my Alpina was no longer original
Ewill510 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2013, 12:40 PM   #15
noid
5th Gear Member

My piece of advice is to always wait for your CAA tow truck. When you break down, chances are there will be 10 chaser tow trucks that will show up and insist that you can "bill CAA later". Never accept that offer, never sign any papers, the CAA guy will never ask you to sign any papers.

Always take pictures prior to your car being loaded, and always tell them that your owners manual says you need a flatbed.

Even if you don't have CAA you can call CAA after you have already broken down, and by paying an extra $40 or $60 for the membership you will be able to instantly use your free tows. Which is a hell of a lot better then what the random tow truck companies are going to charge you. You will be left with 4 more free tows for the year to boot.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
auto body, insurance, lyons, repair, tow

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: