Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-19-2011, 09:47 AM   #16
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101 View Post
lol no point arguing with u SiR, lol i like the 'RICE' look of hid in zkw projectors lol and i'll keep my set up as long as i can
goes along wth your if you are going faster and im in the fast lane just pull around me attitude. ridiculous.

glaring and blinding oncoming motorists too?!!! awesome. you are the definition of a r*cer.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:29 AM   #17
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

how do u know it glares and blinds oncoming traffic?

did i ever once say it blinds oncoming traffic? nop.

so plz stop makin sh1t up and never ever post on my threads cuz u seem to piss people off with ur useless comments alot .

thank u very much SiR

plus it really doesnt make sense to me when ur telling me to put halogen bulbs in my zkws because everyone ive seen and i know uses HIDs in their depo projectors/zkw prjectors.

Last edited by noodles101; 12-19-2011 at 10:32 AM.
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 10:42 AM   #18
BMXWill
2nd Gear Member

Did the guy with the screen name "SiR" and "Vtec just kicked in" as their tag line call someone else a ricer? Classic!
Old 12-19-2011, 11:39 AM   #19
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Interesting. I didn't know projectors "made for HID's" don't have the uptick! I frankly don't care that I'm blinding people for a second or two as I'm passing. The other day I was making a left, and so was the guy in front of me. He flashed his highs. I flashed mine, and he was probably like, "Oh." That is all.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM   #20
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
they buy them for the glass first...hid's shortly follow usually and thats pure R*CE! 100%

its all kinds of wrong. and yes its glare...the cut off is poor for HID set up and it leads to glare...from the upticks and other light escaping. a proper HID projector has the proper optics for that light output.

and yes you are glaring/blinding people. you might think you arent but you are.

HID kits in anything may have been cool in High school when you didnt know any better...but by now , do it right or dont do it.
good point.

Any one driving behind me with blinding lights will be slowed down.... its annoying, and very quickly identifiable by the PO PO.

sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 12:56 PM   #21
tehskeo
CEL Magnet

Quote:
any1 else have this problem? and any way to fix this issue?
The problem is that you're running an HID bulb in an enclosure designed for an H1 bulb. It's that simple. There is no way to get around it unless you
a) Install H1's
b) Retrofit proper HID projectors (i.e. TSX lights)

There's no point in arguing if you're blinding people or not. You are. There's no getting around it. Whether or not you care is entirely up to you, but know that a lot of people get pissed off. Not to mention safety concerns especially when the road is reflective (i.e. rain).

Here is a great video series on what options we have for E36's:

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101
plus it really doesnt make sense to me when ur telling me to put halogen bulbs in my zkws because everyone ive seen and i know uses HIDs in their depo projectors/zkw prjectors.
These people are also blinding other people. Just because they do it doen't make it "right" (or legal, for that matter). You also have to remember that the e36 is very attractive to a young demographic because of the low cost of entry. HID retrofits tend to be popular with this demographic as well and unfortunately there is no real way to do it properly on e36's unless you spend a whack of money on a TSX retrofit (which still has to be rigged to aim properly).

I would love a pair of Bosch headlights and if/when I get them, I will be using the H1's in they were designed for.
tehskeo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 02:19 PM   #22
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

FX-R retrofit.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:04 PM   #23
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
how do u know it glares and blinds oncoming traffic?
because it does. No one is making anything up . Look at the upticks and glare off the lights. its a fact. the optics are not designed for HID lights. period. your I dont give a crap attitude is ricer. Rice(for someone who thinks its only for jap cars) is false. Its an attitude and knowledge deficiency. you can drive a mustang and still be a ricer. noodles here is displaying ricer behaviour and attitude with this and other ignorant things.

So what if others run HIDs in this set up. They are ignorant too.

And the fact you (or others) who think they are NOT in the wrong in regards to this is pure ricer attitude.

tehskeo posted a great video to lay it out for you.

HID kits in lights no designed for them is wrong. at least you arent doing it in a halogen housing like those stupid lifted trucks, but you are still blinding people.

Last edited by SiR; 12-19-2011 at 04:06 PM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:06 PM   #24
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

when im turning left, if im facing straight, it doesnt blind them because ive never gotten high beamed that way.

but when im turning left and if im pointing little bit to the left, which they will be in my 'blind zone' which is the right side of my car, thats when people high beam me, and like flaviu said, i put my high beam up so show them its not my high beam and i do have REAL high beam.

so that just proved that i dont blind ON COMING traffic, so any car infront of left of me , they are fine, only cars that are on my right side and on.

and SiR please stop posting random facts you decide to make up on the top of ur head , when i clearly KNOW and experienced what my lights do.

u havent seen my car, you havent driven my car, u dont know what my lights do , i know best because its MY car. thank u.

Last edited by noodles101; 12-19-2011 at 04:09 PM.
noodles101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 04:23 PM   #25
KIRASIR
Your Nightmare

Quote:
because it does. No one is making anything up . Look at the upticks and glare off the lights. its a fact. the optics are not designed for HID lights. period. your I dont give a crap attitude is ricer. Rice(for someone who thinks its only for jap cars) is false. Its an attitude and knowledge deficiency. you can drive a mustang and still be a ricer. noodles here is displaying ricer behaviour and attitude with this and other ignorant things.

So what if others run HIDs in this set up. They are ignorant too.

And the fact you (or others) who think they are NOT in the wrong in regards to this is pure ricer attitude.

tehskeo posted a great video to lay it out for you.

HID kits in lights no designed for them is wrong. at least you arent doing it in a halogen housing like those stupid lifted trucks, but you are still blinding people.
Now we have "ricer police" on this board too?!

Dude, whatever you are smoking is some seriously good stuff. I've been flashed more times in my bone stock X3 with Adaptive HIDs than driving my 3 e36s over the past 10 years with HID DEPO/ZKW retrofits.

KIRASIR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 05:50 PM   #26
Nick_V
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIRASIR View Post
I've been flashed more times in my bone stock X3 with Adaptive HIDs than driving my 3 e36s over the past 10 years with HID DEPO/ZKW retrofits.
QFT. I get blinded all the time by vehicles with stock HIDs.

Noodles, fix the cutoffs in your ZKWs, aim them properly (maybe a bit low even), stick to a 35w kit, and you'll be good to go. From what I can gather, aside from the cutoffs, the other main reason the H1 projectors aren't ideal for HIDs is because they project the majority of light straight ahead instead of the more wide, even spread that true HID projectors create. So while you'll have a couple slight hot spots, you shouldn't have to worry about blinding anyone anymore.

I have 35w 6000k in ZKWs in my E36 and have never been flashed. I tend to drive in the right lane on the highway at night, so that might explain it. I do plan on doing the cutoff mod over the winter though...
Nick_V is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2011, 06:29 PM   #27
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

^^ thanks nick for the info, i plan on doing the cut off mod soon when i have some time i'll probably take some before and after shots as well
Old 12-20-2011, 08:36 AM   #28
sproule905
6th Gear Member

Noodles,

I have HID's in my car and have yet to get he high beamed signal.

Your car is clearly lowered, so just make the correct adjustments against a wall, or a garage door and call it a day. Each car you are pointing at weither it be at a traffic light or whatever has a different ride height ( van, truck,, etc)

This thread has gone completely sideways. You initiated this thread as you had a lighting problem, so just make the corrections, as by your history you have been beamed.

Happy motoring people!

Last edited by sproule905; 12-20-2011 at 08:39 AM.
sproule905 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2011, 10:09 AM   #29
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodles101

u havent seen my car, you havent driven my car, u dont know what my lights do , i know best because its MY car. thank u.
ya because your car is different right?!!?! your zkw's dont act the same way with hid's in them. LOL you are so ignorant.

Old 12-20-2011, 12:57 PM   #30
noodles101
ΛΦΕ

Quote:
ya because your car is different right?!!?! your zkw's dont act the same way with hid's in them. LOL you are so ignorant.

lol are u still saying u know my car best? cuz u seem to be a know it all in everything and have opinion about everything on this forum, plus stating facts that u seem to make it out of thin air or assume.
If i say one thing and it is something ive experienced from driving my own cars, then you should at least take it into consideration what im trying to explain, not just say 'it blinds oncoming traffic' , 'hid in zkw is wrong'
please stop this nonsense for me and everyone else on this on the forum who is frusted as fack due to your opinionated and stubborn head.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: