Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Photography
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-19-2012, 05:30 AM   #16
pawelgawel
3rd Gear Member

^ please guide me to where i can read into this... im confused now as i just read a book where the photographer travelled and needed a release form from his subjects.
Im very curious about our laws here.
pawelgawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 08:31 AM   #17
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelgawel View Post
Im very certain that if you are selling your photos with idividuals on them that have not released a clause then it is illegal for you to do so.
You have the right to practice photography in public sphere for yourself, but once it involves monetary transactions you must have the permission of all models in the photo.
Not true, paparazzi/photographers sells photos to newspapers/magazines all the time without permission from the celebrities.

As long as its a public place there isn't anything they can do.

Models in a studio or movie set is different, release waivers are usually just to protect the rights of the owner so that the other party doesn't change their mind afterwards.

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 07-19-2012 at 09:05 AM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:03 AM   #18
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
Exactly, thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Not true, paparazzi/photographers sells photos to newspapers/magazines all the time without permission from the celebrities.

As long as its a public place there isn't anything they can do.

Models in a studio or movie set is different, release waivers are usually just to protect the rights of the owner so that the other party doesn't change their mind afterwards.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 11:05 AM   #19
craigIS
A.K.A. crossfire291

Send a message via MSN to craigIS
I carry a copy of the article found on this page; just in case some hot shot cop wants to give me hassle. Have a look for yourself.

Keep in mind that the article is American, but also keep in mind that the laws here are the same here, and more lax.

http://www.krages.com/phoright.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by pawelgawel View Post
^ please guide me to where i can read into this... im confused now as i just read a book where the photographer travelled and needed a release form from his subjects.
Im very curious about our laws here.

flickr
craigIS is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: