Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-24-2011, 10:46 AM   #1
Ape Man
1st Gear Newbie

Possible E36 Owner

Hello All.

Currently have a 1995 Civic Si (used for daily driver), and a 1998 Trans-Am LS1/T56 bolt on for summer fun. I recently moved to Mississauga but commute to Kitchener daily, so the Trans Am as much as I love it is getting to much to drive daily, so its been stored. I believe he is a member here (don't know his user name) has offered me :

1998 BMW 328is M Technic - 230,000km
Black on Black
Borla True Dual Exhaust
Intake
Tune
All seasons and snows
$2000.00 on top
==
"2 door black/black 230k less than 16k a year, its got the m suspension,2 sets of rims e46 m3 staggered & BBS , the sport seats, m wheel, knob etc, 11 button obc, heated seats, rear head rest's, HK sound, sunroof, etc basically fully loaded, its got an hks 220mm air filter with a 3.5 alum intake, Strut bar, true dual 2.5inch mandrell bent exhaust with a borla true X muffler, 1 off custom job done at gt custom in pickering still has cats, waterpump/radiator/clutch fan/thermostat&housing changed in december, along with new ngk ix plugs, diff&tranny with redline mtl/shock proof. car is in immaculate condition let me know if interested, full zimmerman brake job 3 weeks ago
e-tested & certified ""

for my Trans-Am. Im thinking I'm going to do it, as the bimmer would be a great DD and not terrible on fuel.

Pics of Bimmer :

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Inside :

Comes with these aswell :

The Trans-Am is MINT but has higher KM (300,000), but was a one owner highway car, no rust, paint is mint, interior can eat off of it, doesnt burn or leak anything, and IMO I would rather keep it, but with 2 sets of tires, cash on top and a decent car thats more comfy then civic to do 1000km a week in.

Also the BMW has had reinforcment plates for rear subframe done, and full cooling system replacment.

Whats everyones thoughts, good reliable DD?
Ape Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 10:55 AM   #2
E36is
'OldSchool..'

imo, if you like it, i say bring it to a reliable shop to get it inspected, that way no matter how clean and detailed it looks on the outside, you will know right away from the inspection how the engine, brakes, and suspension really is, then make your decision on that. As for me, i have a 95 325is (m50 6cyl as opposed to your m52) and since purchasing it in 2006, its been very reliable in all seasons (i put 900km a week). depending on where you live, check out the maxsponsered garages that are close to you, they are all very good.
Old 08-24-2011, 10:58 AM   #3
Ape Man
1st Gear Newbie

I work for Kitchener Honda, so I mean, its coming safteyed and etested, worst case I can repair small things at work, but overall it seems like a good deal to me.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:19 AM   #4
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
have it checked out. 2.8L e36's are wondeful dailies. I get 650+ highway kms on mine (having fun), and they're comfortable enough to drive every day.

You'll miss the torque of the LS1, though.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 11:22 AM   #5
Ape Man
1st Gear Newbie

Currently the LS1 is sitting stored, cause insurance + gas = to much to justify driving. So Im driving my lil 95 Civic Si, which gets 47MPG and drives amazing, just not comfy. I want a good DD, which this seems to be.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:49 AM   #6
Sarchi
2nd Gear Member

I've just done the same thing basically. I'd be inclined to go for it. But if you can find out more about the vehicle history, and have it looked at by a good tech, you'll have more peace of mind.
Old 08-24-2011, 11:59 AM   #7
v_bimmer
Jailbait FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ape Man View Post
Currently the LS1 is sitting stored, cause insurance + gas = to much to justify driving. So Im driving my lil 95 Civic Si, which gets 47MPG and drives amazing, just not comfy. I want a good DD, which this seems to be.
glad that u came to ask questions here

Like i said before, e36s are amazing, even my girlfriend got one
Old 08-31-2011, 01:43 AM   #8
bmw.ae
DO U EVEN SHIFT BRO?

Join the club... bimmers pwn.... my 7th car was a bmw and the 8th and so will the 9th n 10th so on n so forth...do the right thing, get rid of that glorified monte carlo
1994 320i sedan - RIP
2004 mazda 6 - RIP
1994 mazda mx6 mystere -sold
2000 chrysler neon - sold
1993 honda civic dx coupe - sold
1989 nissan 240sx - RIP
1989 honda civic si (ef) x 2 - sold/seized
bmw.ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 07:01 AM   #9
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

if you enjoy driving, then you will enjoy the 328. be prepared to change any rubber bushings that have not been changed yet, and if your into any performance driving look into getting the M3 rear subframe reinforcement plates welded in, the rear subframe mounts are the onnly real weak point on the car.

Parts for the E36 are not expensive, when compaired to other cars, and easy to find.

With good snows they are more then capable of year round driving, and on highway you should be able to hit 600 to 700km on 50L.

With the fold down rear seats, you can fit about anything in the car, the opening is massive even compaired to many new cars with fold down seat.

All in All both myself and the wife have been DD 2 E36's, for 2 years now, and they are always a joy to drive.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2011, 08:43 AM   #10
doogee
Stance is Gay.

Send a message via MSN to doogee
Love my 328. Definitely fun to drive.

That is not an M-Technik though.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: