Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-19-2010, 03:07 PM   #1
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

maxbimmer plug on facebook

As a newbie to the forums..ive gotta say thanks to its members as i needed help with something and received great response.

i shared that notion on my facebook wall and thought it would be decent to have some maxbimmer likenesses as friends. if interested go to facebook - damon sharpe.

i am trying to figure out my racing plans for 2011. sadly it wont be in a bimmer though.

Damon
silverfox328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:10 PM   #2
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

What kind of racing do you do? and why not in a bimmer?

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 03:14 PM   #3
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

i road race. i have done a couple of canadian touring car events as well as some regionals at mosport.

the bimmers can be a bit pricey when it comes to racing but they WIN and apparantly so well balanced and fun to drive.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:25 PM   #4
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

What kind of car do you race? Bimmers are probably the cheapest race cars you can run in road racing. Contrary to what most of the general public thinks parts are inexpensive, IF you know where to shop and they are so easy to work on with the old tried and true rear drive front engine layout.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:28 PM   #5
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
What kind of car do you race? Bimmers are probably the cheapest race cars you can run in road racing. Contrary to what most of the general public thinks parts are inexpensive, IF you know where to shop and they are so easy to work on with the old tried and true rear drive front engine layout.

okay, maybe thats just the perception and not the reality. i guess its like any race car....you can spend as much as you want and that can go for ever as you know.

it looks like you get out. thats a cool looking e30. where is that shot taken from?
Old 12-19-2010, 03:32 PM   #6
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

That shot is the last turn at TMP in July this summer, Hoosier slicks, stock suspension hence the lean! I did the suspension in August and haven't looked back.

Yeah you're right about what to spend on your car is pretty much unlimited except to your pocket book. I do get out a lot, I do about 20+ track days a year but don't race, as I don't have a dedicated track car yet. That e30 in the pic is also my dd, tow bitch, work truck (I'm a renovator) Autocrosser, and lapping day champ! I instruct at various performance driving schools around southern Ontario.

What kind of car do you race?

Old 12-19-2010, 03:39 PM   #7
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Wow, thats really cool. i raced a saab 93 then we sold the 2 cars to a guy in the states. last year i drove a integra type r in a cctcc race (alms at mosport) and a regional at mosport. i dont actually own a car at the moment except for an old civic ice racer. do you want to come to minden this winter to check it out? its great value for money. you can try mine.

I am a real estate agent so its hard to commit to a full season of cctcc, although i am trying.
Old 12-19-2010, 03:45 PM   #8
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK

Too funny, I always wanted to ice race and was trying to figure a way to do it this winter. I live pretty close to Minden, well, close is a relative term I guess. I'm about 45mins away. I live near Lindsay. I hear you about being an agent and time. You're either busier beyond beilief or you have too much time off (in a down time). I have a couple of friends and a cousin in real estate.

Wow a Saab, that strikes me as being really expensive to race?! Integra = good race car. Let me know the schedule and when you'll be in Minden and I'll come introduce myself and watch.

Old 12-19-2010, 03:52 PM   #9
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

sounds good....bring your bucket..we have passenger seats.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #10
exbmwtech
2nd Gear Member

Damon,
I thought you might slide in to my BMW for some test days.....maybe or two?
call me........
exbmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:38 PM   #11
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverfox328 View Post
Wow, thats really cool. i raced a saab 93 then we sold the 2 cars to a guy in the states. last year i drove a integra type r in a cctcc race (alms at mosport) and a regional at mosport. i dont actually own a car at the moment except for an old civic ice racer. do you want to come to minden this winter to check it out? its great value for money. you can try mine.

I am a real estate agent so its hard to commit to a full season of cctcc, although i am trying.
Saab? The Lockhart cars?

I agree, the BMWs are super expensive to run in CCTCC, the level of prep the French guys spend on their cars make regional racing look like peanuts...

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #12
exbmwtech
2nd Gear Member

plug .... for Damon a very fast smooth driver.....and excellent at bulding /engineering a car
exbmwtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 04:48 PM   #13
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbmwtech View Post
Damon,
I thought you might slide in to my BMW for some test days.....maybe or two?
call me........
this must be Bruce! i will call you for sure...and yes, happy to test the car!!
Old 12-19-2010, 04:53 PM   #14
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Saab? The Lockhart cars?

I agree, the BMWs are super expensive to run in CCTCC, the level of prep the French guys spend on their cars make regional racing look like peanuts...
yep, the lockhart cars. too bad we couldnt debut the black car. it was going to be killer.

True true, those e46's are highly developed with expensive add ons as well...carbon driveshafts etc. Greg is a good shoe though as well...can't take away from that.
Old 12-19-2010, 04:57 PM   #15
silverfox328
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by exbmwtech View Post
plug .... for Damon a very fast smooth driver.....and excellent at bulding /engineering a car
thanks...i sure try hard.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: