Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM   #1
razz
1st Gear Newbie

Need some help.

So I just picked up a 96 328 convertible. The window has unglued from the top on one of the corners. Can anyone recommend what to use to fix this. Also what is the name of the seal that goes right on the storage lid looks like its missing a seal between there and the bottom of the top below the window.
And jeez this thing is gonna be some work, freaking owner was a smoker lets just leave it at that. Pics coming soon.

thanks
razz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 01:18 PM   #2
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
If you're going to re-glue the window, i'd use crazy glue gel (dont use regular crazy glue, it will burn through the plastic window).

Take a picture of the storage lid, i'm not sure how you mean.

In regards to cigarette smoke. Most cigarette smoke smell is kept in the headliner. Since the car is a vert, and i'm assuming you find that is smells with the soft top on (which wont absorb too much smoke), so you likely have a bunch of ash in the bottom carpeting.

If i were you, i would:
-Wet carpet vac all the carpets in the car
-Run a dehumidifier in the car overnight
-Then steam clean the carpets
-Buy a product called ZEP smokescreen. (you can buy it directly from zep, who are in toronto[edit: nevermind, you're in atl], but for a wholesale purchase you gotta spend 35$ afaik) and dump that stuff in the interior (its an aerosol spray.) Make sure you do not inhale it, and once the car's interior is full of it, seal the car up and let it sit for a few hours.
-Run dehumidfier again.

I like running the recirculated air while the zep is in the car, cleans out the airways in the hvac nicely.

Its a bit of work but if the smell of cigarettes bothers you, its worth it. Home hardware can rent you a carpet vac and a steam cleaner

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's supersports, ZHP knob, UUC short shift GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
http://absolutehid.ca hid kit
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 03:21 PM   #3
razz
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks for the help I ill try that for sure, I have already wiped and vacuumed the whole interior. Luckily I have a steam cleaner so I will do the carperts as well. As for the top, its a pain in the butt, I was able to get my wife to help me and we have it semi decent. Sux cause the rest of the top looks good but I just need it to keep water out till I save up enough for another top.

Thanks for the help
razz is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: