Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-03-2010, 11:05 PM   #1
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

z4 M coupe or 335i coupe

What is your opinion on choosing between z4 M coupe and 335i coupe.

I already have a daily driver sedan so practicality is not an issue. Pricewise, both cost about the same, being in same production year 07, M has a lot more milege on it(close to 100k, 335 just below 40k).

What would you guys choose?
(I am very familiar with the hpfp problem with 335)
mpower1226 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 08:27 AM   #2
ctgazer
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via AIM to ctgazer
what is your DD?
ctgazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:15 AM   #3
Quickid
3rd Gear Member

I was in the same boat deciding what to get back in June. One ride in the M Coupe and I was sold.

It's a brute compared to the luxurious 335i and even the M3 but that's what I need now. I already have an E46 sedan and an X5 for family trips, etc.

It feels more like a sports car than any other BMW I've driven. Steering is tight and responsive and a small turning radius. Suspension is harsh but I've been using it as a daily driver since June and I'm used to it.

It's also a big plus that there's not many MCoupes around (only 1815 in North America).

Edit:
Oh, and I forgot about the power. The S54 is amazing in this little car.

Last edited by Quickid; 10-04-2010 at 09:18 AM.
Quickid is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:16 PM   #4
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

If you ever drive both, you'll know immediately which is for you. One feels like a giant pig compared to the other. I am biased.

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:35 PM   #5
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctgazer View Post
what is your DD?
I have mb 250 as a daily driver.

I have driven both, mcoupe on the track, 335i on streets as testdrive from dealer. I am leanning towards mcoupe as of now.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:37 PM   #6
mpower1226
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal View Post
If you ever drive both, you'll know immediately which is for you. One feels like a giant pig compared to the other. I am biased.
Hey Mystikal, how much do you guys charge for s54engine's oil change?
Old 10-04-2010, 03:33 PM   #7
98M3NACE
3rd Gear Member

look to the states for z4 mcoupes i was slightly interested in them when i was looking for a new car and you can pick ones up with 30k miles for around 30 grand in the states
Old 10-04-2010, 03:46 PM   #8
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpower1226 View Post
Hey Mystikal, how much do you guys charge for s54engine's oil change?
$129+tx

@stancejay
Mystikal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 05:15 PM   #9
Blocked_Out
Banned

Z4M coupe hands down. 335 is a chicks car, it doesnt have any of the BMW "feel". Plus you said you have a DD so Z4M will be just perfect for you.

Also, dont buy from states unless you want to throw away the resale value of the car down the drain. If you want to drive it till the wheels fall off, by all means go ahead if not then buy a Canadian car
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:01 PM   #10
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
How does buying from the states kill the resale value?

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:29 PM   #11
damameke
6th Gear Member

hmm I wondered if BMW really built the 335 and say "all chicks will buy this?;some comments are just ridiculous..... now I really wonder those mEn I saw driving 335 are really sissy !! lol....

I agree with Dr Flyview. how is the resale value of a US car affected?

if you price the selling price according to US resale value, it should not affect the resale value...taking into consideration the taxes and any duty etc etc...

damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:37 PM   #12
Blocked_Out
Banned

Simple, it will not be as desirable as a canadian car when you resell it as the buyer would not pay the same money for a car if he/she could bring it from states for less. Cars in states cost less, correct ? we all know that, so what if I told you I can sell you a US car for the price of a canadian. would you do it? I think not. Thats why people are forced to lower their prices when selling US cars here so that their car can at least stand the competition. The fact of the matter is that NO ONE will buy a US car for the price of an equal mileage and condition Canadian car.

And a comment about E9x, yes in my opinion they are cheap "stylish" looking cars that were made so that BMW can make a tonne of money on sales. They were built to "please" all kind of public and BMW completely forgot the whole idea behind their product. I call E9x chicks cars with the exception of the M3, because the whole "soft car feel" has been introduced in order to please the public so that they can sell and make money. Did anyone of you ever drove or at least rode in a E9x non-m? Even the all so all mighty 335i is pretty sh1t, it feels heavy and just not right. Sure its pretty fast but overall its NOT a car for an enthusiast, no way. Its for the general public. Garbage.

Last edited by Blocked_Out; 10-14-2010 at 09:46 PM.
Blocked_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 09:43 PM   #13
damameke
6th Gear Member

You are correct in your assumption and my last statement answered what you had stated...

"if you price the selling price according to US resale value, it should not affect the resale value...taking into consideration the taxes and any duty etc etc..."
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:03 AM   #14
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

You're on crack if you think E90s don't have a BMW feel and they went soft. Drive an E46 320i, then a brand new 200 hp 323i. Or drive an E46 330i (great car, I had one), then drive a new 335i M Sport. The new cars are better than the old ones in every way.
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 12:29 AM   #15
sonny
6th Gear Member

i thought the same thing for a while, i love the feel of my e46, heavy, tight, and a rough ride awesome around the corners... but then finally test drove a 335ci which is softer, less harsh, lost that solid "stuck to the road" feel i got so used to in an e46 sedan and coupe.. of course it's personal everyone's driving experience is based on your own feel..

personally, the e46 starts to show its ages and repair costs pile up.. besides, it's hard to find those solid built cars, the e46, the old 5 series, these cars were built with quality, the interior is solid, the doors nice and heavy, just looks and feels like time was taken to put it all together, now everything is just cheap plastic looking garbage, light weight... terrible.. and it seems all the german cars are guilty of this.. the m3 interior is lame, i actually liked the interior of a 335ci (IS) i saw at maranello, the m3 was not flattering at all, like they forgot to put the final touches on it, even the new 5 series what a huge disappointment, the interior is so sad, cheap ass plastic everywhere the previous model killed this one, and the one before was the king of the road. sure the engines are good blahh blahh and they are fast cars, but seriously, i agree with that dudes comment, they're trying to sell to masses, not just the "enthusiasts" who appreciate that "BMW feel".. which sadly is disappearing..

end of the day, the z4mcoupe is more exciting than the 335ci.. this is an easy choice, at least the z4 doesnt feel like every other car on the market.. tin can, too smoothe and super light steering...

but let's all face the music, you'll drive a BMW, no matter how many problems they have or how disappointing they can be sometimes, you just dont get that "BMW feeling" inside in any other car.. well at least for me.. through experience, drove a benz for a while and got bored, the e46 still gives me goosebumps

Last edited by sonny; 10-15-2010 at 12:42 AM.
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: