Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-13-2010, 12:24 PM   #61
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,783
Richie,

I know you were aiming your comments at the crowd not the products...but that's my point. I highly doubt you guys would pay for a flash and re flashes every time...so I don't see the big deal you guys are making at the crowd about wheels they have and bubble tea and such. If you read my comparison it basically means the same reason why people wont spend double the money for a flash (at the end of the mod cycle, it will be almost double the way these guys go through mods), is the same reason people who bought your kit wont spend double just to get a DSSR and adjustable height.

Not only that, is that people know that MarkD doesn't have a shop open 9-5pm and has to rely on his personal time to do this - realistically how many of these clients can wait around to get flashed and reverted to stock, then flashed again? We pull downpipes for customers going to dealer and back almost every week.


Anyways, you guys see the differences in products...my job here is done.
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 12:36 PM   #62
grapebimmer
Keepin' it low key
 
grapebimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Richie,

Not only that, is that people know that MarkD doesn't have a shop open 9-5pm and has to rely on his personal time to do this - realistically how many of these clients can wait around to get flashed and reverted to stock, then flashed again? We pull downpipes for customers going to dealer and back almost every week.

Anyways, you guys see the differences in products...my job here is done.
Why are you slagging MarkD? Very unprofessional !

Besides, his time and location are flexible, especially in the GTA. His software is top-notch and world renown... He's not the only option that's viable, that's true...

...to slag, is bad. Bad Bimmersport, Bad!
__________________
Jb


2007 e90 328i Monaco Blue
aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro 5R CAI
RIP '84 e30 325e, '87 e30 325e, '96 e36 328i and 2000 e46 323i
grapebimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 01:51 PM   #63
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
This is how any thread about tunning goes, mark says something, bimmersport trys to one up. And so on and so on.

Have to live with it, sponsers pay for the site
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 02:17 PM   #64
grapebimmer
Keepin' it low key
 
grapebimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
This is how any thread about tunning goes, mark says something, bimmersport trys to one up. And so on and so on.

Have to live with it, sponsers pay for the site
__________________
Jb


2007 e90 328i Monaco Blue
aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro 5R CAI
RIP '84 e30 325e, '87 e30 325e, '96 e36 328i and 2000 e46 323i
grapebimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:15 PM   #65
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor
 
Jon@Bimmersport's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Mississauga
Posts: 13,783
Quote:
Originally Posted by grapebimmer View Post
Why are you slagging MarkD? Very unprofessional !

Besides, his time and location are flexible, especially in the GTA. His software is top-notch and world renown... He's not the only option that's viable, that's true...

...to slag, is bad. Bad Bimmersport, Bad!

wow..

I am not slagging Mark...we used to deal with MarkD as a shop, and know many people who have to meet with him during off business hours just to READ the file, then another X amount of time to tune it. Just posting personal experience like yourself (please don't ask me to post it). Mark is a smart individual in this industry and I will leave it at that...but just stating facts to prospective customers. I don't see the problem as what I am posting is unwritten facts.

You are saying his time is flexible, that's great however where did you see in the history of all these posts even before about the e90 that it is a place that you can go to or I am available from this timing during these days? I know we are a shop, but many of my customers do meet me/get support off business hours as well. Unfortunately, some fail to realize that we also have personal lives (and opinions) and am not at your disposal. Put yourself in someone elses shoes. How about Mark D...if my 335I CEL went on and I know its the fuel pump because im using a BT scantool, its now 11pm and BMW roadside assistance will come pick it up now because I have to be somewhere tomorrow and cannot take time off. Will Mark D get out of bed and come reflash? Most likely it will wait for the next day (which is not questionable at all)...however, some people DO NOT want to have to wait, or just simply cannot due to time.

I sold a customer an AA piggyback unit, his CEL went on...I was driving down to Miami and I was helping him out via cell phone calls. He took the car back to the shop and we removed it for him, even though I walked him through the removal he did not feel comfortable. You tell me if he was flashed through ANY COMPANY whats gonna happen? He will wait until the tuner is done his vacation to send his car in?

I didn't want this to become what it is now but clearly some of you can't comprehend the intention of providing information to customers or even enthusiasts to know about products offered in today's market.

Forget what I do for work, I've been a member of this community for 8 years and yes it was in highschool and also the beginning of maxbimmer..but I've learned a lot by reading and sharing information with other members through this board and others. I'm just trying to help out the next one in line...whether you have an E30, E90...come alone and leave alone, or come in a group and leave together - you're all the same to me (BMW enthusiasts).

FYI, if you feel that what I am saying is unprofessional, and what was directed to the E90 crowd was...clearly you have no objective but blindly defend your personal experience. Remember, posting your experience is one way to help someone help...to list and show options with pros/cons applied to EVERY company (AA, Dinan, Burger tuning, Vishnu, Mark D) is helping someone out and what the forums are for because my pros and cons are for flashes and piggy backs, not Bimmersport and Mark D.

My original point was not comparing mine to Mark D, but what your trying to make it is another story.
__________________

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|[/color]ESS TuningAFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction

Last edited by Jon@Bimmersport; 10-13-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:04 AM   #66
KINKY
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
No problem Mark... sometimes people just open their mouth without thinking, seems to be the 335's with their large power potential attracts many mindless owners.


I too think it's hilarious that some douchbag 335i driver thinks he knows everything about BMW's.

MarkD/EAT have been around for a very, very long time and is very well known around the world for ECU upgrades on BMW's.
I find it funny too, that some asshole with an Audi thinks he knows something about the 335i.

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
I find it funny talking about cost effectiveness in cars owned by guys who on other board have threads showing off their high end wrist watches and home theatres worth as much as there cars!! 99% of newer BMW owners own them for status and not much more, and will buy something based on cost just to say they have modded.

Max may be home to the 1% that actually own their new bmws for the shear pleasure of driving.

I don't want to get to into the whole one is better then the other, but when nodding a 40 to 80 grand car, that they will drop 5000 in rims to look good, what's the point of cheaping out when it comes to ecu tuning? Guess it image and bragging over bubble tea not much more.

And the coment on people driving older bmws being reckless, it the driver not the car, an asshole in an e30 is the same asshole in an e90!
I don't think you have your facts straight. 99%? Statistics? Just because we bubble tea and wear Rolexes it does NOT mean we own the car for status sakes. If I wanted status I wouldn't be driving a BMW in the first place. Second what's wrong with having a set of $5000.00 rims and going with the piggyback? Different strokes for different folks. Last but not least, we are not cheaping out on ecu tuning, if I seriously wanted a flash I could have gone for DINAN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grapebimmer View Post
Why are you slagging MarkD? Very unprofessional !

Besides, his time and location are flexible, especially in the GTA. His software is top-notch and world renown... He's not the only option that's viable, that's true...

...to slag, is bad. Bad Bimmersport, Bad!
Some people just need to stop riding Mark's dick. If I wanted a flash I wouldn't mind considering MarkD as a potential route, but I don't see why there is so much hate towards a piggyback. At the end of the day tuning or piggybacking the end result is increased hp/tq.

Last edited by KINKY; 10-31-2010 at 04:15 AM.
KINKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 09:53 AM   #67
richie_s999
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Oshawa
Posts: 4,537
Alas a rolex and a BMW with bling rims, but one thing money can't buy, respect and class.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 11:35 AM   #68
grapebimmer
Keepin' it low key
 
grapebimmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINKY View Post
Just because we bubble tea and wear Rolexes it does NOT mean we own the car for status sakes. If I wanted status I wouldn't be driving a BMW in the first place. Second what's wrong with having a set of $5000.00 rims and going with the piggyback? Different strokes for different folks. Last but not least, we are not cheaping out on ecu tuning, if I seriously wanted a flash I could have gone for DINAN.

Some people just need to stop riding Mark's dick. If I wanted a flash I wouldn't mind considering MarkD as a potential route, but I don't see why there is so much hate towards a piggyback. At the end of the day tuning or piggybacking the end result is increased hp/tq.

No matter how much bubble tea you drink, or how many Rolex's you own... you've just proven yourself an ass.
__________________
Jb


2007 e90 328i Monaco Blue
aFe Magnum FORCE Stage-2 Si Pro 5R CAI
RIP '84 e30 325e, '87 e30 325e, '96 e36 328i and 2000 e46 323i
grapebimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:27 PM   #69
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post

Piggyback Unit


Pros:

User switchable maps
Maps made for many different setups
Removable in under an hour

Cons:
Not 'true' tuning from within the ECU program
[u]
Even after all that, piggybacks are still JUNK. Like seriously, why people think piggyback boxes like JB or the Vishnu box is an acceptable form of tuning is because they don't know any better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINKY View Post
I find it funny too, that some asshole with an Audi thinks he knows something about the 335i.
LMAO, what ever you say cocklips. I didn't know you had to be a 335i douchebag owner to know anything about them

do you even know how your shitty piggy back devices work?

I'll give you one example. To modify timing, they fool the main crank trigger input as if TDC were on a different tooth.

What do you think about that lips?
__________________
E36 DYNO TUNING WIRING PARTS
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:38 PM   #70
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy
 
bmwm5lover's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Thornhill
Posts: 15,388
I was actually learning, since i didn't know anything about the different types of tuning, but now, with the childish name calling I think I'm gonna tune out.
__________________
www.enthusiastauto.caNeed a car???

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 04:58 PM   #71
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
with the childish name calling I think I'm gonna tune out.
bah, don't let it bother you.
__________________
E36 DYNO TUNING WIRING PARTS
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:22 PM   #72
BGbimmer
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Even after all that, piggybacks are still JUNK. Like seriously, why people think piggyback boxes like JB or the Vishnu box is an acceptable form of tuning is because they don't know any better.



LMAO, what ever you say cocklips. I didn't know you had to be a 335i douchebag owner to know anything about them

do you even know how your shitty piggy back devices work?

I'll give you one example. To modify timing, they fool the main crank trigger input as if TDC were on a different tooth.

What do you think about that lips?
So vishnu is bad?? ive heard so many good things about it
BGbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 05:59 PM   #73
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member
 
NOTORIOUS VR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Location: Toronto
Posts: 3,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGbimmer View Post
So vishnu is bad?? ive heard so many good things about it
Lots of people blindly follow popular trends, regardless if its good or bad. There's tons of people that laugh @ the creators of the JB & Procede because of the crap they peddle to people who don't know better, and because hey the car makes more power then stock so it must be good right?

Regardless, now with proper tuning options available for the 3L TT why anyone would bother buying a hacktastic piggy back is just stupid.
__________________
E36 DYNO TUNING WIRING PARTS
NOTORIOUS VR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 06:41 PM   #74
simplycars
6th Gear Member
 
simplycars's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Oakville / Mississauga
Posts: 1,592
With e90 323i selling at 14k from BMW Financial, I don't see large market for aftermarket performance parts, since most of those cars will be purchased by people wanting BMW for status. 323i is what 318i was for e36 and what 320i was for e46 - entry level BMW.
__________________
simplycars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:12 PM   #75
KINKY
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
LMAO, what ever you say cocklips. I didn't know you had to be a 335i douchebag owner to know anything about them
What do you think about that lips?
Grow up. How old are we now? Still using the words "douchebag and cocklips"? Still in your teenage years huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Alas a rolex and a BMW with bling rims, but one thing money can't buy, respect and class.
I have more respect and class than you will ever have. Your just cause we can afford the finer things in life while sitting on a 6 figure paying job.
This is why some of us don't even bother coming on this forum anymore, a lot of you guys are just internet tough and the amount of shit talking that goes around here is child's play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOTORIOUS VR View Post
Lots of people blindly follow popular trends, regardless if its good or bad. There's tons of people that laugh @ the creators of the JB & Procede because of the crap they peddle to people who don't know better, and because hey the car makes more power then stock so it must be good right?

Regardless, now with proper tuning options available for the 3L TT why anyone would bother buying a hacktastic piggy back is just stupid.
One reason, "How about Mark D...if my 335I CEL went on and I know its the fuel pump because im using a BT scantool, its now 11pm and BMW roadside assistance will come pick it up now because I have to be somewhere tomorrow and cannot take time off. Will Mark D get out of bed and come reflash? Most likely it will wait for the next day (which is not questionable at all)...however, some people DO NOT want to have to wait, or just simply cannot due to time."

If my HPFP goes, at least I have the tools to take out my piggy and call for Roadside assistance and have it towed to the dealer without them detecting that I am running a tune. I'm 100% sure the dealer will not replace the HPFP if my car had a MarkD tune on it. They weren't even willing to work on my car when I had downpipes let alone having your ecu tampered with.

Last edited by KINKY; 10-31-2010 at 07:16 PM.
KINKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014