Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 10-04-2010, 01:34 AM   #16
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 951
Why do you drive a e30 325i(or e) instead of an m3 then?

Also some of us dont like/want FI cars, we like N/A.

Sometimes you get the chance to buy a car you know the history on rather then some unknown.

Last edited by noid; 10-04-2010 at 01:38 AM.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:40 AM   #17
dble Trouble
TAKE IT TO THE TRACK
 
dble Trouble's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Scarborough
Posts: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
Why do you drive a e30 325i(or e) instead of an m3 then?

Also some of us dont like/want FI cars, we like N/A.
Really? You have to ask? e30 M3 goes for $20+G's I bought mine for $1500. Nextly In an e30 (I'm going to get roasted for this but it is true) the M3 is NOT much quicker than a 325, and lap for lap around Mosport I've not had 1 e30 M3 stock go quicker than me yet. Also e30 M3 is a four banger, and my love of bimmers revolves around the smooth torquey straight six.

In regards to FI vs. NA there is the 330! 75 hp more than the 323 stock for stock not to mention the torque numbers as well. Case closed.
__________________

BMW 325I E30 Chumpcar Race Car
BMW 540iT M-Sport (New Family Hauler)
BMW 135i Msport Daily/track toy
dble Trouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 09:49 AM   #18
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Really? You have to ask? e30 M3 goes for $20+G's I bought mine for $1500. Nextly In an e30 (I'm going to get roasted for this but it is true) the M3 is NOT much quicker than a 325, and lap for lap around Mosport I've not had 1 e30 M3 stock go quicker than me yet. Also e30 M3 is a four banger, and my love of bimmers revolves around the smooth torquey straight six.

In regards to FI vs. NA there is the 330! 75 hp more than the 323 stock for stock not to mention the torque numbers as well. Case closed.
Your 1500 e30 doesn't equate to a similar condition m3 for 20k+; if you had a minty 5000-6000 e30 then maybe.

Secondly the 335i is more then 20k+taxes then a 323i. Thus your argument is invalid.

If you dont like the m3 so much there was also the hartge, alpina, and ac schnitzer you could have very easily gotten as well.

Case reopened.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 11:19 AM   #19
KINKY
1st Gear Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Toronto
Posts: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
As per this thread,

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=382656

Apparently the 323i can be tuned to 233hp (before cat removal) because it is essentially a detuned euro 325i
I'm suprised you found that thread, that is my friend's 2007 323i. Suprisingly that nible thing is quite fast.
I use to have a E90 323i until I traded up for the 335i, the 2006 model is not capable of pushing what the 2007 could.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
You must have a piggyback processor, don't think that can't be detected.
Oh really? If your so called "tunes" are so great, why haven't we ever heard of you over on e90post?

Last edited by KINKY; 10-04-2010 at 11:30 AM.
KINKY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 12:05 PM   #20
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by KINKY View Post
Oh really? If your so called "tunes" are so great, why haven't we ever heard of you over on e90post?
Probably because it looks like most of you e90 owners over there act like flies around cr@p. I see how they all stick together at the meets, and arrive/leave at the same time. And all they think of is JB and other piggybacks. I can't post there about my own product and am not going to look into being a sponsor unless I at least have a feeling that there is some return on the sponsorship fees. How would you hear about me unless someone there actually had me re-flash their car? I've done many FI cars in the last few months and those people are very happy with the results. And what do you mean by a "so called tune"?

It seems quite clear that the main reason you post here is to promote the JB.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 01:07 PM   #21
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
Probably because it looks like most of you e90 owners over there act like flies around cr@p. I see how they all stick together at the meets, and arrive/leave at the same time. And all they think of is JB and other piggybacks. I can't post there about my own product and am not going to look into being a sponsor unless I at least have a feeling that there is some return on the sponsorship fees. How would you hear about me unless someone there actually had me re-flash their car? I've done many FI cars in the last few months and those people are very happy with the results. And what do you mean by a "so called tune"?

It seems quite clear that the main reason you post here is to promote the JB.
Mark, I think what he means is he doesnt want to just take your word for it, because he hasnt heard of your e90 flashes.

Can you answer why your flash only gives a slight gain while other tuning companies flash can produce 233hp and 206 tq? Can you recreate such numbers?
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:10 PM   #22
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,461
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
Your 1500 e30 doesn't equate to a similar condition m3 for 20k+; if you had a minty 5000-6000 e30 then maybe.

Secondly the 335i is more then 20k+taxes then a 323i. Thus your argument is invalid.

Case reopened.
Aren't we talking about performance here, and not financial numbers? Your argument about condition and value is rather irrelevant.

I too would agree with him(dble trouble). There is no replacement for displacement!
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 02:21 PM   #23
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 951
Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
Aren't we talking about performance here, and not financial numbers? Your argument about condition and value is rather irrelevant.

I too would agree with him(dble trouble). There is no replacement for displacement!
The argument isnt that the 323i is better or faster then the 335i (or 330i) I was just point out his hypocrisy.

Argument about condition and value is relevant, because he spoke about if you cant affored the upper e9x's you shouldnt buy it. Same translates to him choosing to pick up a basic e30 vs something special/tuned. If it was an issue of displacement if he wasnt a hypocrite he should of gotten the a Hartge h28, h35, alpina b6, etc:

http://www.rtsauto.com/different-bmw...tge-schnitzer/

Then he claimed it was an issue of cost, to which i responded so is the e90 (even bigger price difference)


The 335i is more of an issue of forced induction rather then displacement.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:43 PM   #24
damameke
6th Gear Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,369
hmmm.... and OP was only asking/looking for CAI...
damameke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:45 PM   #25
craz azn
6th Gear Member
 
craz azn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Port Perry
Posts: 7,461
Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
The argument isnt that the 323i is better or faster then the 335i (or 330i) I was just point out his hypocrisy.

Argument about condition and value is relevant, because he spoke about if you cant affored the upper e9x's you shouldnt buy it. Same translates to him choosing to pick up a basic e30 vs something special/tuned. If it was an issue of displacement if he wasnt a hypocrite he should of gotten the a Hartge h28, h35, alpina b6, etc:

http://www.rtsauto.com/different-bmw...tge-schnitzer/

Then he claimed it was an issue of cost, to which i responded so is the e90 (even bigger price difference)


The 335i is more of an issue of forced induction rather then displacement.
What the hell? I don't see how you got 'basic' E30 out of that. A basic E30 at the time would be a 4 door 318i. That is comparable to the current 323i. Base model. An E30 325i is like comparing to an E90 328i (which ultimately is a 3.0L anyways). Value is a moot point now anyways because E30s have depreciated to rock bottom, whereas the E90 hasn't yet.

On the note of modified tuner cars, lets stick with cars available to the North American market. You couldn't just open the newpaper and find a Hartge or Alpina modded car staring back at you in the 80s/90s. Be realistic, you are comparing apples to oranges. With that mindset, the OP must be retarded because he didn't buy a Hartge H50

Boils back to the original topic. Couldn't afford the fancier model at the time. Wanna go faster? Buy something better. No need to spend x amount of dollars on go fast goodies when a fraction of that added to the car cost would have been sufficient to buy a higher model of car.
__________________

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #26
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 951
It's a slippery slope you can say the guy with the 335i should get a m3 and the guy with the m3 should get a monster alpina.

A 500-800 dollar tune to get to above 328i numbers is a he'll of alot more economical then trading in and spending thousands on the 328i; of douse this is assuming that, that will satisfy his needs. Because if the goal is 800hp .5 liters of displacement isn't going to mean much when your going to do some serious forced induction and thus maybe it's not worth spending 20 grand more for a 335i whereas for the same 20k you can put together a serious FI system

It's all about goals based on budgets. One isn't more right then the other, as they say... To each his own.

Last edited by noid; 10-04-2010 at 04:00 PM.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:05 PM   #27
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,182
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
Your 1500 e30 doesn't equate to a similar condition m3 for 20k+; if you had a minty 5000-6000 e30 then maybe.

Secondly the 335i is more then 20k+taxes then a 323i. Thus your argument is invalid.

If you dont like the m3 so much there was also the hartge, alpina, and ac schnitzer you could have very easily gotten as well.

Case reopened.
Dude, you are talking about much lighter E30 with M20B25. Imho , they drive nice. The only E90 I have driven is 335I , and it felt very heavy. I can just imagine the 323i. Let alone that I know for the fact many "yoyos" buy E90 323I base just to have a new model and for the status. Not saying that you too because I don't know you personally.


Also, most dudes asking 5-6K for their E30 bought their for 1-2K and wanna flip it for 5K. I know because the same ones come to lowball me, but ask the premium for their cars. No wonder why this place has gone down the tube a lot. Been on here since 2002.
__________________
-Looking for Lexus LS 430 with low clicks
-2013 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
-2006 Bianchi Reparto Corse
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)

Last edited by lvan; 10-04-2010 at 04:07 PM.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:10 PM   #28
noid
5th Gear Member
 
noid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Burlington Ontario
Posts: 951
Also an interesting thought is that some people might want to buy the base model so they have a base for a swap... 20k will get you a MONSTER engine swapped in professionally. Hell I bet you can swap in a n54 from a 330i or 335i for half the price of trading it in.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:32 PM   #29
lvan
6th Gear Member
 
lvan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: Location
Posts: 5,182
Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid View Post
Also an interesting thought is that some people might want to buy the base model so they have a base for a swap... 20k will get you a MONSTER engine swapped in professionally. Hell I bet you can swap in a n54 from a 330i or 335i for half the price of trading it in.
Hmm I don't think so. The economy made their prices go down a lot. Even the E90 328i/330i are not that pricey as our E36/E46 in their days when the economy was doing much better. Than again, there is a resale issue. Many will pitch in more and not worry about swap nightmares. So when you take it all into account, I agree with those who go for top of the line or the M league.
__________________
-Looking for Lexus LS 430 with low clicks
-2013 Mercedes Benz C300 Sport
-2006 Bianchi Reparto Corse
-1991 BMW 318i (SOLD)
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2010, 04:57 PM   #30
MarkD
Banned
 
MarkD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: In Your DME!
Posts: 2,414
Quote:
Originally Posted by dble Trouble View Post
Honestly if you're looking for performance why oh why did you buy a 323??? Why didn't you buy the 330 or 335? The amount of money you will spend to add hp here and there will cost way more, and I mean WAY more than the premium for purchasing the more powerful car to begin with. Not to mention if that isn't enough power then you could add the same upgrades to those and gain even more! Too many people buy the base model and say it was all I could afford or I'll modify it and so on without really thinking about it. If you can't afford it, don't buy it. Buy last generations top model instead of the current generations bottom model and be way better off.

SELL YOUR CAR, AND BUY THE ONE YOU SHOULD'VE BOUGHT FROM THE BEGINING!
There are good reasons why someone may have a 323i and now want more power. Maybe it was a relative's car that was available for a very good price or free, for example.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.