Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-01-2010, 06:38 PM   #1
pissedcustom
1st Gear Newbie

Smile Finally Fixed ANNOYING NOISE in my BMW

I had to resort to contacting the President of BMW to finally fix the annoying noise at the back of my BMW. This was after taking my car to the BMW dealership four times over a two-year period to try fix the noise - which they never did.

I am convinced that this noise in the back of car is widespread among BMW 3-series cars (E90). I have now heard it in four different 3-series BMWs and I was told by a BMW representative that they have had other people complain about the same issue. I have a formal BMW Field Report with pictures explaining what was causing this noise and how technicians should fix it.

Ever since taking possession of my 2009 328i BMW (E90) there has been an annoying intermittent clicking or ticking noise that seemed to be coming from the rear window area, near the top of the seat, or where the rear window meets the rear parcel shelf. I finally complained to the CEO of BMW in Germany, Norbert Reithofer, BMW Canada President Franz Jung, and BMW Canada Director of Aftersales, Stephan Kuester. BMW head office assigned an expert technician who identified the problem and fixed it.

It was necessary to get BMW head office involved since their dealer service was a nightmare - apparently incompetent, rude, patronizing and they didn't seem to care less about putting the time and effort into resolving the problem. Their typical M.O. was to claim they couldn't hear the noise, even though on a couple occasions I was in the car with them when they heard the noise. This seems to be the Modus Operandi at BMW when they cannot or do not want to resolve a noise - just deny hearing it. On two occasion when I went to pick up my car they said they didn't have time to have a proper look at it because they had too many cars to service and they ran out of time...even though I had scheduled a service 2 weeks in advance.

I was so furious at one point that I called the owner of the BMW dealership to discuss it with him. He sort of chuckled when I told him about the extremely poor service and rude BMW service representatives and manager. He said that noises are incredibly difficult to resolve and it was a waste of time to try more than once. He never apologized and his manager actually said that if I am not satisfied I should probably get my car serviced elsewhere. Unbelievable.

If you have the same problem please let me know.
You can download the BMW Field Report at this link: http://complaint.pro/bLaCBB
pissedcustom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:14 PM   #2
pissedcustom
1st Gear Newbie

Has no one experienced the same problem with their 3-series bmw?
Old 09-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #3
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pissedcustom View Post
Has no one experienced the same problem with their 3-series bmw?
Did you forget about the other thread that you have which everyone responded to?

I've never heard that sound in our car. It lived at a different dealer till this year, maybe it got fixed there. Plus with the radio on, we'd never hear it.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2010, 12:36 PM   #4
pissedcustom
1st Gear Newbie

Hey MarkD,

I'm still following that thread. Just posted there.
What year is your car?
I guess you bought it used?
Sedan?
Are all e90s sedans?
What does in your "DME" mean for location?
Old 04-09-2012, 10:59 AM   #5
toronter83
1st Gear Newbie

same problem

i have 2011 328i xdrive sedan,,, the noise is heard more often when rear window is rolled down.
but the noise is not heard regulary,,, it is a on and off problem for me.
Did you get to find out what exactly the problem was? So i can just point out to the dealer at the next visit.

Thanks,
toronter83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 01:43 PM   #6
bhoang
1st Gear Newbie

intresting
bhoang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 12:13 PM   #7
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Do you have a youtube video of the noise or area it is coming from? I dont believe I have any noise coming from my back.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM   #8
joliverosjr
1st Gear Newbie

I have a 2007 323i and I also hear a ticking noise when my windows are rolled down but it sounds like its coming from the engine. I was told by Parkview BMW that it is a solenoid in the engine that is causing the ticking noise but only when the car starts. It takes a while to warm up apparently. But I'm still getting this ticking noise that's very annoying.
joliverosjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 05:04 PM   #9
GeMc
2nd Gear Member

Just sold our 335i convertible (which produced another annoying noise) and purchased an E90 328i sedan to replace it. Don't tell me i'm going to be hunting for noises again! Their new lineup sure doesn't seem as solid as any of my 4 previous E46's, 1 E36 and 3 E30's. (FTR, the noise in the convertible was the rear seat cup holder rattling from the exhaust vibrations).

German Mechanics
2530 Speers Rd #5
Oakville, ON Canada
(905) 286-4362
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm

www.GermanMechanics.ca

GeMc is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw 328, click, customer service, noise, noise in rear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: