Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #1
MethodMan97
2nd Gear Member

Thumbs down e break????

for the past couple days my car has been making noise while i drive kinda a ratteling sounds like 1 click every time the wheel turns fully. if i pull up the e break just a little while driving the noise goes away... today it turned into a loud pound of a noise so i can't drive it anymore...i think something has come loose.... any 1 know where i could find the problem??? if it is the e break would i just beable to remove it and drive without one ?
MethodMan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:41 PM   #2
W2WDETAILING
Banned

the pins for your emergency brake pads go into the brake shield when the seat on the backing plates rust out the emergency brakes explode in the brake disc. happened to my e30 and e36. backing plates are around 50$ from bmw(only place you can get them local) spring set about 50$ pads no clue howmuch they cost...but you have to pull your rear axel i believe so you might aswell do the berrings so parts and labour your looking at 350-500
W2WDETAILING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
W2WDETAILING
Banned

yes you can drive without an ebrake is your car auto or manual?
Old 09-27-2009, 08:44 PM   #4
MethodMan97
2nd Gear Member

auto... ya its the passanger rear that is making the noise... just dunno what 2 do... if i take the rotor off i will find the problem??
MethodMan97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2009, 08:50 PM   #5
W2WDETAILING
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MethodMan97 View Post
auto... ya its the passanger rear that is making the noise... just dunno what 2 do... if i take the rotor off i will find the problem??

well if you dont want to pay to get it fixed remove the rotor and pull the parts out. it wont pass safty inspection. otherwise you should be fine. but wait for someone else to chime in before you go do it

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: