Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Supporting Events > Bimmercruise
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 07-20-2009, 09:15 PM   #16
98Dinan3
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to 98Dinan3
Just wanted to say thanks to Randy, and his crew from us at RMP for organizing Eurofest. Without them, there just wouldn't be any event of it's kind around.

On another, more sour, note...... thanks a lot to the douchebags that helped themselves to around a dozen or so of our displayed oil products/additives. I hope you bastards, and you know who you are, sleep well at night knowing you're big, cheapskate thieves... So much for comraderie among fellow BMW/Euro enthusiasts...
Old 07-20-2009, 09:32 PM   #17
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Quote:
Originally Posted by 98Dinan3 View Post
Just wanted to say thanks to Randy, and his crew from us at RMP for organizing Eurofest. Without them, there just wouldn't be any event of it's kind around.

On another, more sour, note...... thanks a lot to the douchebags that helped themselves to around a dozen or so of our displayed oil products/additives. I hope you bastards, and you know who you are, sleep well at night knowing you're big, cheapskate thieves... So much for comraderie among fellow BMW/Euro enthusiasts...
WTF that sucks ass... You'd expect that people who have to pay to get in won't stoop so low. And I was having a teeny feeling that some shady character could jack my europlates off the car when I'm not around. Guess I was right.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
Old 07-21-2009, 12:04 AM   #18
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
i think the food was cheap, if u go to importfest pizzapizza charges u almost 5-6 buz per slice, or the outside hot dog stands 4 bux for a hotdog. 3 bux for a hotdog, and 5 bux for a burger was fine for me. Just my opinion. I just wish I knew the drag strip was open to any kind of car or scooter lol randy. I would of brought my car out maybe nextime

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
Old 07-21-2009, 12:40 AM   #19
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Thanks for the props guys, it was a lot of work and i'm glad most of you had fun. I honestly have NO IDEA where you guys got the (slightest) impression it was $20/car admission. NEVER was it mentioned/written per car... ever! You really need to READ carefully and not let your mind understand what it wants.

The price? I'm honestly speechless about how cheap some people can be. This isn't maXkia. I mean, some of us act like big ballers driving around T.O in our decked-out BM's, showing off to regular-joe how well we've excelled in life and how great our taste is for Germany engineering... yet we complain about $20 admission and $40 to register for a show (which gets you a $30 golf shirt!) once a year?? I don't get it. All this time driving 200+km round trip from Toronto (and not "economically" either), smoking a pack of cigs, drinking $6 VOSS water and rolling a $10 doob? c'mon! All I can say is next year there will be BIG changes in BMW classing.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 07-21-2009, 12:48 AM   #20
Oz_Racing
Oz_mods

Send a message via MSN to Oz_Racing Send a message via Yahoo to Oz_Racing
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Thanks for the props guys, it was a lot of work and i'm glad most of you had fun. I honestly have NO IDEA where you guys got the (slightest) impression it was $20/car admission. NEVER was it mentioned/written per car... ever! You really need to READ carefully and not let your mind understand what it wants.

The price? I'm honestly speechless about how cheap some people can be. This isn't maXkia. I mean, some of us act like big ballers driving around T.O in our decked-out BM's, showing off to regular-joe how well we've excelled in life and how great our taste is for Germany engineering... yet we complain about $20 admission and $40 to register for a show (which gets you a $30 golf shirt!) once a year?? I don't get it. All this time driving 200+km round trip from Toronto (and not "economically" either), smoking a pack of cigs, drinking $6 VOSS water and rolling a $10 doob? c'mon! All I can say is next year there will be BIG changes in BMW classing.

WOOO i was not told about this golf shirt... lmao

j/p very happy i got something real nice

It was a wicked show, keep it up don't let these haters stop the shows
E36 Black 318is - Swap & Sold
E36 Black 318is - Riced & Sold
E36 Red 318is - Sold
E46 Silver 325xi - STOCK
E36 Silver 325is - Charged
E53 Blue X5 4.4i - Sold
Mustang - YELLOW
S13 Green 240sx x3 - Sold
B* Audi A4 - 2.8 awd - WB
BenZ ML320 - 7 seater
Old 07-21-2009, 12:57 AM   #21
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Hey Randy... We all know how much work you put into this.. (besides I don't smoke or drink Voss, lol) But, as far as my 0.02 goes, I'd much rather prefer to pay $20 fee and have a show in a nice open parking lot in the GTA than to drive out to the boonies and see a smaller turnout. Also when there's a lot going on (2 different tracks & show with different euro cars) the owners scatter all over the place and you can't mingle the same way it was possible at the 2003 event.

Helprace, a helpdesk & community platform
Old 07-21-2009, 02:11 AM   #22
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Well said.
Btw, at the annual Niagara Crx meet (3 day event) and the Honda-tech meet , people actually donate money
to help with expenses of organizing it...as well as paying park entrance fees. I never hear anyone complain.
Old 07-21-2009, 07:54 AM   #23
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

I could not make the event due to family obligations. Which sucks for me.

Prices of admission we clearly stated on the threads and post b4 the event.

If it was $3 for a hot dog, and $5 for a burger I cannot beleive anyone is bitching about food cost.

As for those who say they would rather have a cheaper show in a parking lot, Randy did not do this because people cryed and begged for a track at the event. Look at the posts made after last year's event.

Congrates Randy on pulling it all together, I heard it was a good time and wish I could have made it.

Also to the ones doing the complaining, any show/meet/cruise is not an easy thing to put together. You do your best to make everyone happy, which I think Randy put more work in then most would. I organize a small meet and cruise every 2 weeks, and it eats up your personal time, but is worth it in the end. Automotive event planning is hard work, and usually thankless, glad to see so many here on Max saying positive things for the event Randy put together.

Just my 2 cents
Old 07-21-2009, 08:42 AM   #24
ZHP_Bimmer05
Photographer/DJ/Engineer

Send a message via MSN to ZHP_Bimmer05
^^^well said guy!

2004 Mazda RX8 GT: 6spd VR
Old 07-21-2009, 09:35 AM   #25
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Ok, here is my Take.

Cruise WAS ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!!! Thanks for those who led the pack. Amazing route, some great roads, I might hit them one day again.

-Park admission, NO ATM (Not Randy's Fault!), WTF!!!
-Food, average price, really, but I chose a healthier option from town(when we went to look for a ABM).
-Show, I wish it was split up into chassis #'s, (e30's together, etc), however, I can see how that can be difficult.

I didn't mind driving that far out and spending the $$$$ on gas(a few times a year to be with Likeminded individuals), but I can see how that can be a deterrent.

Overall, I think everything was great, we had a BLAST, but I do think that if you want a bigger BMW turnout, you will have to somehow do it closer to the GTA.

Thank's to Randy and all the Volunteers.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
Old 07-21-2009, 09:41 AM   #26
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW_7 View Post
have a show in a nice open parking lot in the GTA than to drive out to the boonies
^^^ welcome to Friday nights Vitaliy. I guess driving 100km for a show once-a-year is asking too much for some automotive "enthusiasts".

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 07-21-2009, 10:14 AM   #27
Shock(/\)ave
3rd Gear Member

Wink

Having the cruise start at the Friday night meet locations and meet up somewhere along the route would be a much better alternative than having to make our way to Burlington or some other distant meeting point so early in the morning. It would take a bit more planning and some coordination, but the effort would be well worth it in my opinion (I'd even be very willing to help plan it that way next year).

I would love to see a lot more older cars at the show, too. The best vintage turnout I can recall was at the last M Coupe cruise; for whatever reason (possibly the judging categories or marketing) Bimmercruise tends to attract the newer cars, and while they're nice to look at I just don't find looking at an E46 as interesting as looking at an E30 or E21.

My guest and I enjoyed this show a lot more than last years' due to the vastly improved location. Though the venue was a good long drive away and required an entry fee having it at a track presented a lot of interesting activities for spectating. It's a shame the drifting event didn't happen - it was a real highlight two years ago - but in this age of lawyers running everything it's not too surprising.

Quote:
The price? I'm honestly speechless about how cheap some people can be. This isn't maXkia. I mean, some of us act like big ballers driving around T.O in our decked-out BM's, showing off to regular-joe how well we've excelled in life and how great our taste is for Germany engineering... yet we complain about $20 admission and $40 to register for a show (which gets you a $30 golf shirt!) once a year?? I don't get it.
You know as well as anyone this forum has a good number of cheap members.

Thanks once again for all your hard work putting this show together.

Quote:
All I can say is next year there will be BIG changes in BMW classing.
Care to share your thoughts on this?
Old 07-21-2009, 10:45 AM   #28
BigD
the misanthropist

I think a lot of people don't appreciate what it takes to pull something like this off. I've helped run events, a few times I was there the whole way with the organizer. I can tell you that if you only have a few ****ups with an event this big, you've pulled out a miracle. Attendees always seem to think that the staff are all robotic and know precisely what to do at any moment. In reality it takes a ton of preparation and it NEVER goes down as you hoped (for one, when the staff aren't paid, they can only spend so much time to get ready - and that's a recipe for human error). So when it comes anywhere close to going to plan, it's a huge success.

So once again, a big thanks to the doofus on the segway for continuing to pull off these shows without having them turn into cluster****s, as well as everyone who helped make it work.
Old 07-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #29
Mikey83
3rd Gear Member

I had fun, riding up to the event and at the actual event. I think I was the only e66 up there, I keep wondering if there is another website for e65/66 owners in the GTA? until then I'm gonna blend in with you guys.

2003 745Li Titanium Sliver Metallic w/ Black Interior
PDC, ACC, Cold Weather Package, Convenience Package, Sunshades, Comfort Seats, Logic 7 Sound Package.
21" OEM Style 128, Angel iBright V3 w/ Matching Fogs, H&R Springs, BTUM8000, LED Side/Front Markers, White Bulb Interior/License Plate,
Stealth Bulb Signals, 15mm Rear Spacers, ACS Style Roof and Trunk Spoilers, Debadged
Old 07-21-2009, 06:54 PM   #30
325iGuys_sis
2nd Gear Member

Had a lot of fun looking at all the nice cars... nice change from all the rice i see at the majority of shows I go to... unfortunately all this complaining and members stealing from members really takes away from it. WOW that's ssoooo weak! Dave totally hope those idiots get what they deserve for that.

OH and BTW the ATM machine was in the tower... maybe if people asked they wouldnt of had to go back to town... OR bringing cash usually helps... prices were posted well in advance nobody to blame but yourself IMO.

Considering it was the first Eurofest I think it was fantastic! Thanks Randy!

Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: