Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #16
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Ya had that call too, i knew it was a scam, the guy was trying so hard, i told him fo F off!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 03:24 PM   #17
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Lol, speaking of telling people to F off. He just called me back again 30 seconds ago and I told him that I wasn't intersted because it was so sketchy and he started trying so hard to push the fact they were supposedly accredited by Wal-Mart and post ads on hundreds of websites. Just a load of complete and utter BS. I had to tell the guy I was going to hang up because he wouldn't stop talking!
Old 06-04-2009, 04:27 PM   #18
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by theblue View Post
if it was an AMG wouldn't it be a SL55 or SL65? or is there some AMG appearance package that you can throw on the regular 500?
Offically from the dealer it was a 05 Benz SL500 AMG Sport. Similar to having a M-Tech package on a regular 5-series. It's not an M5... but has M-Sport. Same with SL500 AMG Sport. It's a factory option to have some AMG upgrades.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 02:33 PM   #19
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_84 View Post
Offically from the dealer it was a 05 Benz SL500 AMG Sport. Similar to having a M-Tech package on a regular 5-series. It's not an M5... but has M-Sport. Same with SL500 AMG Sport. It's a factory option to have some AMG upgrades.
Correct!

Just like the CL500! it doesn't usually come with side mouldings and bumper mouldings... but some do, which is the amg package.
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:49 AM   #20
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

Look people, if he says he used them and he sold it to a dealership then it works and isn't a scam. it is a matter of preference. It's the same as being out of work and using an agency( head hunter ) to find you work. They get a fee from the employer for finding them suitable employee's. Human resources or the employer doesn't have the time to go through hundreds of resume's and interview to find someone. use an agency to do the leg work. They get a fee. Sometimes the fee comes off your end instead of the employers end. Infact in most cases this is how it works. it's a hidden cost to you and an agreement made between the company hiring and the agency. your worth 50k lets say. company looking is willing to pay 60k to an employee. Agency gets the 10k commission to hire you for 50k. employer is not permitted to advertise and agency will not disclose the true income they are willing to pay. Agency works within a range depending on what skills you have and whether you match the company's profiling.

I also got the call; it seemed legit, but I wasn't selling a 10-30k car to make it worth my while.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 10:15 PM   #21
noid
5th Gear Member

I feel pitty for those who actually fall for this.
noid is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: