Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-01-2009, 07:44 PM   #1
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

I just had a very interesting call...

So I've been trying to sell my car for the past month or so and actually had it listed at a bit of an outlandish price for a 97 328i. Either way, I haven't posted a new ad on kijiji or craigs for a while now but I got a call just a few minutes ago from some guy at some loan agency. He told me that he has 9 people interested in a 1997 BMW 328i and they are loaning them the money that I was asking for. All they have to do is call me and work out a time to come see it and if they are interested its a done deal since they have the cash from the agency...

So I then ask him what the catch is and he brings up a fee that I have to pay in order to have it posted on their site and for them to post around on various places.

Now I'm no dummy so I told him I would have to think about it and research it a little. He gave me their website (www.autosellernetwork.com) and it surprisingly seems legit.

Has anyone heard of this site and all this before? Is it just a massive scam or do you think it might actually be for real? At this point I have no idea what to make of it. lol

Last edited by Dysantic; 06-01-2009 at 08:12 PM.
Dysantic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 07:56 PM   #2
arek
3rd Gear Member

Its bullshit, they are just an advertising like kijiji, and trader (wannabes) and lie they have buyers, so you sign up with them...

Tell him he send you the contact of one of the buyers, and u will give him a 250$ commission, see what he says!
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:30 PM   #3
Dado 540
6th Gear Member

How much is the fee that he is asking for?
Old 06-01-2009, 11:33 PM   #4
bimmerjoe
Yagerbombs/skanks

i had that bullshit call before. dont fall for it.
they say they have people interested and all you have to do is pay a fee to advertize it on there website. and its like 300 bucks. **** that shit.
Old 06-01-2009, 11:39 PM   #5
arek
3rd Gear Member

them, and the frauds on kijiji and trader should be shot right in the face...
arek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2009, 11:44 PM   #6
xlash
Still learning....

It's a known scam. If you ever meet them face to face go Chuck Norris on them.
Old 06-02-2009, 01:50 AM   #7
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dado 540 View Post
How much is the fee that he is asking for?
They want you to pay 2 hundo up front and then a 40 dollar fee on top of that incase it doesnt sell so you can get your 200 back. I knew it would be a scam, but I never heard of a scam like this before. Just thought I would post it up for everyone else and some fun MAX discussion about it. lol

If the guy calls me back tomorrow I'm gonna ask him to take my word that I will pay him 200 bucks if he sends 9 people to my door and I sell the car within a month. But he will only get the money once its sold to one of the people he referred. lol
Old 06-02-2009, 09:25 AM   #8
meanm3
1st Gear Newbie

I don't think it's a scam but the fact that he told you he has buyers lined up already is probably a straight out lie to get you to list with him.

That fee is also retarded, you're better off doing what you're doing, autotrader / craigslist / ebay motors etc.
meanm3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 09:39 AM   #9
dannyb
4th Gear Member

had a similar call when i was selling my car last year, but wasnt that web site.
dannyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:29 AM   #10
Stephanie
6th Gear Member

I've also experienced this call... I asked them to provide the names of the supposed interested buyers and in return I would pay the fee... They never called back lol

Black Sapphire Metallic | Coral Red | Brushed Aluminium | 6MT | ZSP | ZPP | PDC | Bluetooth
Shadowlines | Matte Grilles | Aero Lip | BMW Performance Pedals | Smoked Reflectors | LLumar Tint 40%
KW V2 | VMR V710 | Super Sports | BMS JB4 | BMS DCIs | HPF Intercooler | UUC EVO3 SSK | UUC RK7 Shift Knob
Stephanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:34 AM   #11
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
it's a scam... there are no people lined up, they just want your money. If they really had people lined up then they would just buy the car from you and flip it.

and anybody who doesn't realize this about two seconds in, is a dummy.

Last edited by theblue; 06-02-2009 at 11:36 AM.
theblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2009, 11:35 AM   #12
Dysantic
Captain Chaos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephanie View Post
I've also experienced this call... I asked them to provide the names of the supposed interested buyers and in return I would pay the fee... They never called back lol
Yeah, the guy I talked to said he was gonna call me back this morning to get my decision and I have yet to get the call. We'll see what happens. I'm not gonna call him because it just seems way too sketchy.
Old 06-03-2009, 04:02 PM   #13
JayR_84
2nd Gear Member

Sold my car with them last year, ended up selling to a dealership. Took around a week though, and didn't have any leads on Autotrader. I think they work with people and dealerships. (i.e. a customer at a dealership wants a specific car, then the dealer contacts a bunch of different hunters to find the car, this autosellernetwork included. If they have your car listed, then they refer the dealer to you. (who they also charge a fee to.)

I'm not sure if that's how it works, but I think that's what they do.

It's not a scam, but it's not a guarantee either, making it seem like a scam if your car doesn't sell. When I signed it was $500 up front, if it doesn't sell then they only refund $400. So since it sold, I still had to pay the $500 fee, and the dealer bought the car for $2000 less than my asking price. Which was fine, better than what my tradein value.

It was an old 05 Benz SL500 AMG.
JayR_84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 09:24 PM   #14
TNation
Banned

It's a huge huge scam!!!!!!! don't believe anyone, it's a scam.
TNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 10:43 AM   #15
theblue
old school US member.

Send a message via AIM to theblue
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayR_84 View Post
It was an old 05 Benz SL500 AMG.
if it was an AMG wouldn't it be a SL55 or SL65? or is there some AMG appearance package that you can throw on the regular 500?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: