Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 08-05-2008, 03:06 PM   #1
STEEEZ
///M

Post Flashy colour ?

Hi everyone, I would like some opinions regarding the following :

Ok, so the colour "Hellrot Red".

I'm looking at my next car, and I'm considering this. Not any red though. This colour has always been one of my favourites. It looks amazing in person and really compliments the contours of the E36.

Now, Typically, my #1 choice would be black, followed by white. So, I'm considering other choices now...
The wild card colour that I've always loved ever since I was a kid was red (must've been the F40 and the countach toys I had that made an impression).

Now I've been thinking, is it too flashy ? I've never been a fan of too much flash, "hey look at me !!". I like discreet subtle looks. Now I know it's really hard to insert red with subtle here, but I absolutely love the colour.

Red = trouble ?

Input is appreciated.

Hellrot Red
PIC 1

PIC 2

PIC 3

PIC 4
Black

PIC 5
STEEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 03:37 PM   #2
SUPERCHARGED
5th Gear Member

Go for it. I love my Hellrot
Old 08-05-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
BMW325IS
2nd Gear Member

red is really hot looking
BMW325IS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 08:11 PM   #4
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I've had too many black cars, and as much as I love the look of Black, its a pain in the ass to keep clean!

Black is the new silver to me. I say go red, and i think red E36 are very sexy. Theres more than a few members on here who can prove that point!
Old 08-06-2008, 10:06 AM   #5
Hellrot2.8
2nd Gear Member

what's cool about hellrot is that under evening street lighting it reflects different colour tones then in the sun. I find this colour makes the car look like a jewel angling light off it’s curves in a special way other colours can’t. In terms of being flashy, I thought similarly when I bought the car, coming from a dolphin grey e30, a red bmw was not high on my list, I wanted something more subtle, but I don’t regret it at all because it really does suit the e36. When it shines boy let me tell you, nothing can match it’s gloss and sexiness. Much like a woman’s glossy red lips with the right lipstick on. tasty.
Hellrot2.8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:09 AM   #6
STEEEZ
///M

Thanks for the input guys.

I've been told to look for fading on red, since it's an older car. Now, ofcourse this really depends on how the car was treated, but have any of you had any fading of any sort due to it being red ?

I'm still split between the two. Black looks amazing when clean and it has a more mature and subtle look. Red is in your face and but looks damn good.

Ahhh
STEEEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 11:40 AM   #7
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by STEEEZ View Post
Thanks for the input guys.

I've been told to look for fading on red, since it's an older car. Now, ofcourse this really depends on how the car was treated, but have any of you had any fading of any sort due to it being red ?

I'm still split between the two. Black looks amazing when clean and it has a more mature and subtle look. Red is in your face and but looks damn good.

Ahhh
but if you do have some fading as long as it's just surface oxidization, that can be taken care of aslong as the clearcoat is not peeling off ect
zackman17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 07:45 PM   #8
Singe
BGDorcol

Hellred is definetely one ot the best looking colours out there, now for it being too flashy im not sure, but i do know that i get pulled over on the highway even if im doin only 10km over and it happened a couple of times, im also debating if i should sell mine as i got a couple tickets and my insurance is getting preety bad, people do definetely notice it and love the colour unlike any other red
Old 08-12-2008, 02:48 PM   #9
1992e36is
1st Gear Newbie

The red is SEXY! GET IT!
1992e36is is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2008, 02:52 PM   #10
zackman17
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1992e36is View Post
The red is SEXY! GET IT!
drop the "Y"