Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-31-2011, 04:23 PM   #46
Steve30
Techno Viking

I have a lowered e36 with camber plates in the front and Mark at level was able to adjust them easily. I even gave him custom specs and he gave me exactly what I wanted. They do a lot of lowered cars and I was very happy with their service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwmck View Post
there doesn't seem to be any consensus here

i gonna need to run some neg. camber in the rear on my lowered e46 and i want to bring it somewhere that is knowledgeable as well as comfortable working with camber plates on a lowered vehicle. i'll keep looking!

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325is winter build
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2011, 04:29 PM   #47
bmwmck
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve30 View Post
I have a lowered e36 with camber plates in the front and Mark at level was able to adjust them easily. I even gave him custom specs and he gave me exactly what I wanted. They do a lot of lowered cars and I was very happy with their service.
appreciate the input, i'll give him a call
bmwmck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 11:22 AM   #48
jabela
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by twboy1999 View Post
Altech is a great place also
and u can't beat the $60 dollar price. Alot of ppl on the e90post and mazda3toronto forum use them
+1 for Altech. Nice guys and not expensive. I went in with custom alignment specs and they had no issues. Let me take pics and watch everything, ask questions, etc.

http://goo.gl/maps/YYSx

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.modernapothecary.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:03 PM   #49
toy4to
1st Gear Newbie

I also took my car to Level Auto last month to get an alignment. Previously I had taken it to Sam's Garage in Markham based on recommendations on another forum. What a mistake.

Level Auto did a top notch job! Mark did my alignment according to the specs I gave him and the readings were all displayed on a monitor as well as printed out. The print out included before /after values. If you have a low car...no problem, is rack will accomodate low cars. It was my first time there, but I've recommended Level Auto to others and will be back again next year.
toy4to is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:12 PM   #50
kevin325
AMG ETR

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4to View Post
I also took my car to Level Auto last month to get an alignment. Previously I had taken it to Sam's Garage in Markham based on recommendations on another forum. What a mistake.

Level Auto did a top notch job! Mark did my alignment according to the specs I gave him and the readings were all displayed on a monitor as well as printed out. The print out included before /after values. If you have a low car...no problem, is rack will accomodate low cars. It was my first time there, but I've recommended Level Auto to others and will be back again next year.
Thanks for the info Huy! I don't have specs for my KW v2 system. Where did you get your specs from?

kevin325 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2012, 04:22 PM   #51
ItsPat
n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
+1 for Altech. Nice guys and not expensive. I went in with custom alignment specs and they had no issues. Let me take pics and watch everything, ask questions, etc.

http://goo.gl/maps/YYSx
+2 for Altech, super nice guys and you can't beat the 'forum price'. They were a little busy when I was there so it took a good couple hours even with booking an appt but it was worth it IMO.
ItsPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2012, 02:30 PM   #52
c-bass
Bajador De Panti

I'm glad I came across this post. I'll be doing a complete front end on my e36 this week and wanted to get it aligned properly.

Thanks for the info guys!
c-bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 04:50 PM   #53
c-bass
Bajador De Panti

Just wanted to report back with my experience.

I ended up going to Altech simply due to the proximity compared to level auto.

It's a small shop that's easy miss since it's set back a bit from the other buildings, but other than that easy to find.

I had an appointment but was running 20 min late so I'm not sure if that played a role in my short wait, which was about 30 minutes. They were busy with customers so it's not like I was waiting for them to finish smoking.

I dealt with Pat who was super cool and came packin over 25 years experience.

They pulled my car around back and I was able to walk right into the shop area unlike some super secret shops out there.

Pat was nice to answer all my lame questions and generally was a really cool guy to talk to. He told me "everyone gets to look, everyone gets to take pictures and everyone gets to ask questions"

I paid cash and got the "forum" price which is MUCH less than what some of the other places mentioned here are charging.

All in all I HIGHLY recommend the place and I'm thrilled that I finally have a wheel alignment place that I have confidence in.

BTW, they're also a full service mechanic shop so if you need any other work they'll be more than able to handle it.

Good lookin' out everyone!
Old 07-08-2012, 05:05 PM   #54
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

So how much does altech charge?

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2012, 07:45 PM   #55
c-bass
Bajador De Panti

$60 cash money
Old 10-08-2012, 10:22 PM   #56
Killerbimmer
1st Gear Newbie

Level auto for alignment

Quote:
Originally Posted by toy4to View Post

I highly recommend level auto for wheel alignment, did a fantastic job, they specailize on lowered vehicles, thank God ! lol. Costed me a third of the price of the stealership. I went with OEM specs, good job and nice staff ! Oh yeah , super clean shop , nice to see !
Killerbimmer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: