Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-17-2008, 12:54 PM   #31
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeRb View Post
i know a guy that has had 4 unnecessary noise tickets and he fought them all off...

the impression i got from him is that its easy to fight in court, don't know bout your guys' experiences though
every ticket can be fought, just need to know what your talking about
Old 01-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #32
StikiGreenZ
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to StikiGreenZ
I've always gotten off those tickets...

I've had quite a few of them with the Cavalier.

BMW 645i - Black on Red
Range Rover Sport - Black on Black
StikiGreenZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 12:57 PM   #33
INFAMOU$
Automotive Puppeteer

Send a message via MSN to INFAMOU$
I have gotten these two tickets multiple times with my mustangs over the years.. I even got a noise ticket under a BY-LAW that was $130... not one of them ever stood up in court.. Harley's are way louder than anything.. what about a J-brake on a transport.. There are much worse things to worry about on the road.. it'll get tossed.. Be sure to fight it.
INFAMOU$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2008, 08:01 PM   #34
maxevo
4th Gear Member

fukin cops need to relax on these retarded Highway Traffic Act rules , Go pull over muscle cars if thats the same shit i dont see them getting pulled over for being loude or speeding or getting harrassed every 2 seconds , Cops are getting retarded as days go by.

The Police station just gives them a set of rules to follow and thats it they go by the book ... Half of them dont have a single clue what they are talking about

like the retard that pulled me over yesterday i was going down cawthra towards dundas , ****ing guy jumps in the middle of the street like an idiot i almost ran him over . He comes to my window and i tell him off , i said your crazy man next time im going ot run you over who the **** jumps in the middle of the street while others are driving .. Oh well sir bla bla you didnt have a front licence plate meanwhile the ****ing thing isn hanging from my window. I told him next time take a better look before he judged. OK imma let u off this time but u need to put it back in the front bumper..

I said have a nice day he goes back with his Speed Gun and i rolled off
Old 01-17-2008, 08:12 PM   #35
Chris de la Cruz
sex, drifting & punk rock

Send a message via MSN to Chris de la Cruz
^^^you're supposed to have your plate on your bumper. lucky he didn't give you a ticket.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:59 PM   #36
lukeh
runnin' capless

Anyone here actually fight and win? What did you say?

One week I was pulled over 5 times in 5 days cause I "appeared suspicious" driving home from work. I got the warning about the exhaust 3 of those 5 times. Want a sure fire way to win em.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:26 AM   #37
rlim
2nd Gear Member

I think this is beyond the loudless of your exhaust. Cops are targeting cars that have been modified in general ... especially with all the news over the summer with street racing.

I will almost guarantee you that if they see a car that has been modified with aero kit, custom paint, lowered, and with aftermarket exhaust, they will find an excuse to pull you over.

If you're young .. late teens to your twenties, they're going give you additional grief. I've gone through my fair share of car mods in my younger days and has slowly outgrown it. I still do have the odd temptation ... trying to refrain myself ..

Last edited by rlim; 01-18-2008 at 12:29 AM.
rlim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 12:46 AM   #38
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

Quote:
Originally Posted by rlim View Post
I think this is beyond the loudless of your exhaust. Cops are targeting cars that have been modified in general ... especially with all the news over the summer with street racing.

I will almost guarantee you that if they see a car that has been modified with aero kit, custom paint, lowered, and with aftermarket exhaust, they will find an excuse to pull you over.

If you're young .. late teens to your twenties, they're going give you additional grief. I've gone through my fair share of car mods in my younger days and has slowly outgrown it. I still do have the odd temptation ... trying to refrain myself ..
tell me about it, my last one?....huh....today! he braked at a ****ing green light with shit loads of cars behind on a major intersection, JUST to get behind me and follow me till my driveway lol. i was trying to maintain a 50m gap, which he probably noticed and 'seemed suspicious'
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:04 AM   #39
rlim
2nd Gear Member

A great example ...

My cousin drove a black VW GTI, tinted, lowered, exhaust, and with a few body modification ... ie. Hood scoop. He was pulled over as he was on his way back from the office.

As he rolled down the window, the officer was surprised to see a late 30's driver behind the wheel, dressed in business attire. The officer only asked if the air fresher that was fixated on the dash was a radar detector. My cousin showed him the air freshener and the officer let him off.

Just curious … for those that were pulled over and ticketed, mind if I asked for your age? I'm curious to find out if age really matters..
Old 01-18-2008, 01:20 AM   #40
AceOfSpades
♠ ♠ ♠

19 but it was dark outside. but during the day there is no such thing as following me, then letting me go...i DO get pulled over and i have tell them how this ticket is gonna ruin my entire life
AceOfSpades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 01:23 AM   #41
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview
Quote:
Originally Posted by rlim View Post
A great example ...

My cousin drove a black VW GTI, tinted, lowered, exhaust, and with a few body modification ... ie. Hood scoop. He was pulled over as he was on his way back from the office.

As he rolled down the window, the officer was surprised to see a late 30's driver behind the wheel, dressed in business attire. The officer only asked if the air fresher that was fixated on the dash was a radar detector. My cousin showed him the air freshener and the officer let him off.

Just curious … for those that were pulled over and ticketed, mind if I asked for your age? I'm curious to find out if age really matters..
I think age makes a huge difference. My first and only speeding ticket, the cop was just furious with me, like I had to be taught a lesson. I doubt he would've done the same with my dad, even in the same car. No offense but probably the majority of cops are too dumb to know you're supposed to be objective.

I'm 19. I've been stopped before for looking TOO YOUNG! MOTHERFUUUUUUUUUCKER that was embarassing, I was with two younger girls in the car too, that probably also drew suspicion.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - totaled
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 07:27 AM   #42
maxevo
4th Gear Member

I refuse 2 sir
Old 01-18-2008, 09:30 AM   #43
rlim
2nd Gear Member

That's okay ... based on the two responses, it shows that age really matters. Also, I can perceive a level of jealousy the officers have when they see 19 year olds driving nice European vehicles.

---------------
[
QUOTE=maxevo;1099997]I refuse 2 sir[/quote]
Old 01-18-2008, 12:37 PM   #44
lukeh
runnin' capless

haha jealousy? One of the instances of fives times in a week, I had my dad on the phone (I was wearing an ear piece). I told my dad to hold on, I'm being pulled over for a random check to see how badass I am. So I took the ear piece out, but left the call going. The officer proceeded to give me grief about the exhaust, suspension, and lighting. Chirped me for a bit, checked out my license/insurance, then went on his way. I get back on the phone with my dad and said "there ya have it, cops who are jealous." My dad always thought I was just exaggerating and being overzealous about situations, but when he heard how the cop talked to me, he apologized for never truly believing me.

I'm 26. Wearing a suit when I come home from the office.

After being pulled over the 5th time, by the same cop who pulled me over the 2nd time, she advised me to start taking a different route home.

I now specifically avoid certain roads now because of the police presence on them. It's not worth the hassle. And every time I get pulled, ironically, its going 40kph in 2nd gear.

Last edited by lukeh; 01-18-2008 at 12:39 PM.
lukeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2008, 06:04 PM   #45
MikeM3/4
1st Gear Newbie

I think you will get ticket no matter how old you are ,depends on a cop if a cop wants to nail you,he will. I'm 40 and well dressed ,still was double ticketed for loud muffler .
You just never know...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: