Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-01-2002, 05:54 PM   #1
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

needed a tranny rebuild @ 1 month on my rsx

unreal. car was 1 month old to the day when i brought it in (monday) for a stupid grinding noise that would happen only SOMETIMES when i shifted slowly from 1st to 2nd... then i find out my tranny was rebuilt!!! **** that my dads going to snap when he finds out.... im gettin a new rsx out of this one way or another.. i go from a bmw w/ problems to jap scrap w/ problems.. jesus i have NO luck
Attached Images
File Type: jpg types.jpg (56.8 KB, 163 views)
Old 11-01-2002, 05:56 PM   #2
Gamite

Re: needed a tranny rebuild @ 1 month on my rsx

Quote:
Originally posted by Rolled_Out
unreal. car was 1 month old to the day when i brought it in (monday) for a stupid grinding noise that would happen only SOMETIMES when i shifted slowly from 1st to 2nd... then i find out my tranny was rebuilt!!! **** that my dads going to snap when he finds out.... im gettin a new rsx out of this one way or another.. i go from a bmw w/ problems to jap scrap w/ problems.. jesus i have NO luck

Haha, I dont think its the car thats causing the problems!.. Isnt that under warrenty?

Gamite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 06:16 PM   #3
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Re: Re: needed a tranny rebuild @ 1 month on my rsx

Quote:
Originally posted by Gamite

Haha, I dont think its the car thats causing the problems!.. Isnt that under warrenty?
it's the car! i few races is not going to %# up a tranny enough so that it needs to be rebuilt!.. and yah warranty of course! thank the lords! i spent just over $12,000 in repairs in the 3 years i had my bmw which was a 95, so i guess the only good thing about this, is i FINALLY don't have to pay for repairs...
Old 11-01-2002, 07:01 PM   #4
mkgino
6th Gear Member

can we still race?? This way I will win for sure!!!!!!
mkgino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 07:14 PM   #5
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
can we still race?? This way I will win for sure!!!!!!
hah for sure we will race.. ur dead!! i beat an e46 325ci by a long shot before i brought my car in too.. i want to race a 328!
Old 11-01-2002, 07:31 PM   #6
MP328
Krv Svoju Za Bosnu Moju

Send a message via MSN to MP328
messed up the differential on the 318 and now the tranny on the rsx. either both cars suck or u just suck driving a stick j/k . thats what warranty is good for. too bad mine expires in a few months after that i'll be going to chuck's for repairs.

anyways i'm in for the race to 2x328 and a rsx. but is a said from the beginning u should win easily.
MP328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2002, 08:27 PM   #7
mkgino
6th Gear Member

He will win because his car is so damn light. If we could strip down our cars to 2700 pounds then I really think we would give him a run for his money, otherwise.......
Old 11-01-2002, 09:40 PM   #8
Jase
INXSOF

Send a message via MSN to Jase
Man I have been there I bought a S10 SS in 95 new no kms. Had it lowered wheels power sliding window, killer audio system. First week I get to drive it it is on a flat bed .Blown tranny. In my case it happened again and the truck was in the shop 13 times in 6 months .I drove a loaner more than my own truck. I ending up selling it less than a year after i got it. if it starts having problems " FOR THE LOVE OF GOD MAN !!!SELL IT!" I lost a ton on my truck something to the tune of 10g ..hate to see someone else go through it
good luck
JASE
Old 11-01-2002, 11:17 PM   #9
tlaselva
1800+ HP Driveway

Send a message via MSN to tlaselva
Rolled out, you have the worst luck.
Acura's quality is generally very good, and you buy one and you need a new tranny after a month.... boy with those odds you should go to Casinarama!

What do you mean by rebuilt tranny?
The one they want to replace your busted one with?

Easy with the powershifting, that car's not the Egg!
They just don't make cars like they used to.......

2010 Dodge Ram Hemi Sport

2010 GSX-R 750

2003 C5 Z06
LS7 427CI w/ECS Novi 2000 : Caravaggio Widebody and Full Leather & Alcantra Interior
903rwhp/815rwtq : 10.3@152mph

Last edited by tlaselva; 11-01-2002 at 11:25 PM.
tlaselva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:35 AM   #10
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Quote:
Originally posted by MP328
messed up the differential on the 318 and now the tranny on the rsx. either both cars suck or u just suck driving a stick j/k . thats what warranty is good for. too bad mine expires in a few months after that i'll be going to chuck's for repairs.

anyways i'm in for the race to 2x328 and a rsx. but is a said from the beginning u should win easily.
it shoud be a nice close race you might win... im not cocky ! i always go in races thinking i'am going to lose
Old 11-02-2002, 04:49 AM   #11
mkgino
6th Gear Member

Yeah thats how I go into races also, always thinking that Im going to lose, and if I win, bonus. But I still want those mirrors, so when your car aint broke no more we meet up and race too. Oh and try to bring some fat ass friend to make the race a little more fair!
Old 11-02-2002, 02:33 PM   #12
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

you wanna hear something funny. i'm walking outside of promanade to the VAN and all i see is this red fluid running down the pavement. i get to the car and all i see is a big red puddle of tranny fluid on the ground. me being the idiot i am try to drive it home. i'm not more then 2 km's away from it and the stupid thing starts skiping and revving like a bastard. so i wait for 3 hours for a tow-truck from chrysler and when he finally gets there he know EXACTLY what it is. first words that come out of his mouth "tranny right?" i'm like ya. he goes on to say "hey that trannies in chryslers are PURE SHIT!!!". o well i waited for 4 months while this heap was getting fixed. i wasn't t bad though for 2 months i had a neon while in the other 2 months i had a jeep grand cherokee courtesy of seven view my dads friend owns it. the wait is not what pisses me off it's what they did. they were supposed to put in a brand new tranny under warranty instead they put an old rebuilt one in. thank god i'm getting rid of it soon!!!!! nothing but problems. never buy a chrysler or dodge with the 4 speed transmission.
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 03:24 PM   #13
KennyTheGreat
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to KennyTheGreat
Quote:
Originally posted by mkgino
Yeah thats how I go into races also, always thinking that Im going to lose, and if I win, bonus. But I still want those mirrors, so when your car aint broke no more we meet up and race too. Oh and try to bring some fat ass friend to make the race a little more fair!

that could be me

heh
KennyTheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 04:34 PM   #14
Rolled_Out
Just chillin...

Quote:
Originally posted by Mr 318ti
o well i waited for 4 months while this heap was getting fixed. i wasn't t bad though for 2 months i had a neon while in the other 2 months i had a jeep grand cherokee courtesy of seven view my dads friend owns it.
who pat magarelli??? lol he lives 2 houses from me, hes #133, im 159 (which is only 2 hourses difference despite what the #'s say) I grew up w/ rob all my life.. funny isn't it.. my parents even went out w/ them last night

and mk gino... is this fat enough for you? 368 pounds of a 19 year old. My good buddy who we call "skinny" I swear on my life, one tiem i let him drive my bimmer, his stomach came pretty much over the whole steering wheel (it was not moveable on my E36 318is) and whenever he was passanger in my car, it was VERY difficult for him to sit in the seat.... one side of the car was slammmed.. i always got him to sit on my hood to see how my car would look dumped, we always had a good laugh..(hes the bannana) duh
Attached Images
File Type: jpg skinny1.jpg (39.9 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by Rolled_Out; 11-02-2002 at 04:36 PM.
Rolled_Out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 05:50 PM   #15
Mr seville
6th Gear Member

hehe what a small world. he used to work with my nonno then he opened a dealer and that was it for him. tell him i'm trading my van see what he says
Mr seville is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: