Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-20-2002, 02:57 PM   #1
mikespeed
1st Gear Newbie

e30 m3 or e36 m3 motor?

Ok im doing a motor swap on my 84 318i , What would be better the 4 cyl m3 motor or a e36 m3 motor(tranny also). Does any one know if I could use a 3.2 obdII motor also or just a 3.0? I was just gonna go with the 4cyl because I wouldnt have to change motor mounts, whats involved with fitting the e36 motor(is there install kits available?). Is there any websites available with info on motor swaps like this? I allready have pulled 2 motors before including my car so i can do the work. If any one in the MA area is willing to help ill supply the beer *drunk* Any help would be cool. If anyone has a motor /trans for sale let me know, im willing to trade my street bike for it. I also have alot of e30 parts for sale including a 85 318i motor if anyones interested....Thanks
mikespeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2002, 08:57 PM   #2
Jase
twisted beyond reason

Send a message via MSN to Jase
I haven't seen too much on it you might want to ask empowered his car is all done up.or e30m50, his is done too. both have a lot of engine mods and a fair bit of knowledge so I would pm them . might save you time...I have been looking for a engine exchange for awhile...I even have a 540 engine I can get bet they said the conversion would not be worh it
Old 11-02-2002, 10:55 AM   #3
huckle
3rd Gear Member

maybe you`ve already heard of it, but zionsville autosport is selling the parts for the e36 engine conversions and parts for the obdI to obdII conversion. For both the conversions they are selling cd roms to guide you through the conversion.
http://www.zionsvilleautosport.com/

berry
huckle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 11:03 AM   #4
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Re: e30 m3 or e36 m3 motor?

Quote:
Originally posted by mikespeed
alot of e30 parts for sale including a 85 318i motor if anyones interested....Thanks [/B]
www.bmpdesign.com also sells a step by step cd rom instruction guide...it tells you all the parts you need...as far as putting the engine in, it's not to hard but the wirring ...good luck... there are a few parts tyou will need for the engine to sit right...like a m6 motor mount, 525 oil pan+pic up+dip stick tube etc etc...
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2002, 11:05 AM   #5
jeremy
6th Gear Member

Re: Re: e30 m3 or e36 m3 motor?

Quote:
Originally posted by jeremy

www.bmpdesign.com also sells a step by step cd rom instruction guide...it tells you all the parts you need...as far as putting the engine in, it's not to hard but the wirring ...good luck... there are a few parts tyou will need for the engine to sit right...like a m6 motor mount, 525 oil pan+pic up+dip stick tube etc etc...
also going with the 3.0L obdi will be a hell of alot easier..and it still pulls like a mofo
jeremy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2002, 03:16 PM   #6
Cone
1st Gear Newbie

I'd put in an E36 M3 motor in there if it's not an E30 M3. It's a lot faster for the $$.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: