Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-09-2017, 07:59 PM   #1
E30killer12
1st Gear Newbie

How good is after market suspension for an E92? stay with OEM?

So, i'll be picking up an E92 335i here sometime in the next year, i currently drive a 90 E30 325i that's all done up, to break it down the simple way i have konie shocks, bav auto h&r rep springs, eibach front strut brace, Meghan racing rear brace with rear tower support rings, helo rims and eibach full anti roll bars adjustable. needless to say it's a car on rails, the motor has some add ons but for the most part it's a sweet deal (Z3 rack so it turns real great ) i have lots of fun in it.

ANYWAY!

looking at the E92 335i it's a quick car, we all know what mods can be done to make that car stupid fast. but how does it preform in the corners or compared to an E30? (LOL) i know it's a boat compared to the E30 but with a little suspension work, can the car turn and preform good? or is the E92 just meant to go fast in a straight line? what's the balance like? I'm very use to a simple car that doesn't have any dohickys to or multi link suspension, I'm a steering rack to wheels type guy if that makes any sense. How will i like an E92 say set up the same way with good suspension work? is it even worth it or? How do you guys like your set up E92? corner worthy or forge about it?

Thanks!
E30killer12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #2
SAKE
1st Gear Newbie

OEM E92 Suspension is decent, nothing amazing. That being said, cars have came a long way since 1990.

You going to need a set of nice coilovers, sway bars, and M3 suspension components.
SAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #3
dbworld4k

Lol you’re comparing a 20+ year old chassis and suspension setup to that of modern day cars. When it comes to actual performance (read: not *feel*), it’s not even close.

While the stock E92 setup is comfort biased, it’s still a sporty driving car. Upgrading the springs and shocks will yield even more dramatic results. It’s far from a “straight line only” car. No clue where your conjecture was drawn from.

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2017, 12:34 PM   #4
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
^^Agreed with the above comments. I also am an E30 guy and know them really well after sampling many different setups over the years, but I have to admit that a regular E9x with half decent tires and a simple set of name brand coilovers blows my mind on what the chassis is capable of. Waaaaayyyyyy more 'on rails' than you can ever even NEED for street use. As long as the car is in good shape mechanically and not a run down piece of junk, you'll be very happy with it.

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: