Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 1/2/4 series
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 05-26-2018, 02:46 PM   #1
mrmikeme
1st Gear Newbie

Clutch/flywheel 435i xdrive manual

So I recently brought my car into dealership in Winnipeg, MB for a "drive train malfunction". Seem to be issue with sticky/broken gas pedal that immediately was replaced, which manufacture warranty or my extended warranty didn't cover (2014 435i xdrive) When tech was test driving car after repair he brought it back and had to get shop manager to go with him. Upon return from test drive, my service rep said that my clutch was slipping and will have to be replaced. Well that would explain the drive train malfunction and the hesitations when you stomp on the gas.(to me it didn't feel like clutch slippage) but whatever. I live 700km north of this dealership and they already had my car for 3 days and I needed to get back to work, so I deferred the clutch replacement for a couple weeks and asked for a quote.

Quote came back for clutch replacement and flywheel at 4700$$ of course not covered under warranty or extended warranty. If the flywheel is okay it would be 2700$

I guess my question would be... does this seem outrageously high to anyone??? I really have no choice but to get the repairs done, it just seem to be a little bit of a shock.

Shocking because recently I got a quote from them for rotors and pads all around installed for almost 2k so I did them myself for just under 600 (thanks rock auto) But I really don't want to go near the clutch/flywheel.

I should really try calling to figure out why this isn't covered under warranty (I understand the clutch being my cost through wear and tear .. but the flywheel?.. I dunno
mrmikeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2018, 01:22 PM   #2
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

The flywheel should be alright, it isn't old and shouldn't have 200k on it. The clutch can be costly, it would be around $1200 for the clutch alone but the labor kills you. You could try a BMW Indy shop that might save you around 1k off the bill. Honestly, BMWs are one of the highest to maintain and repair. Like I said, do some shopping around, but the clutch yourself and get an Indy shop to do thats reputable. Otherwise, do it yourself but it would take a weekend.

Tags
435i, clutch, drivetrain malfunction, flywheel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: