Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-27-2014, 11:18 PM   #121
ex3mal
Weapon M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahsm View Post
dude no one cares about you, you post articles from heavily biased and extremely pro russian news sources you probably jerk off to putin riding horseback shirtless. everything you wrote above is false and exactly how the russian media reports it. its impossible to speak to you about this because you have tunnel vision and then going into personal attacks and posts filled with hate towards ukraine. id rather ukraine lives as shitty as people do in western EU countries and in America than as amazing as people live in Russia
100% agree with u.

e46 m3 artcar, ap racing bbk, maxpsi build in progress
Follow on ig @weaponm
ex3mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2016, 01:25 AM   #122
South
4th Gear Member

2 years on....

this thread and people all blaming Russia or defending maiden "my god RT news is propaganda from Russia! Your brainwashed by them!"

Here is a documentary from a famous french journalist Paul Moreira. And no he is not a Russian sleeper agent either

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfjbURtnqTA

Ukraine is just another country in a long line of western sponsored fascist governments, a government that exploits and extracts all the national resources from Ukraine and Ukrainians, enriching itself and their western sponsors; around an ideology that blames Russia for everything and is about making Ukraine 'pure'. Previous pro-Russian Ukrainian governments, as corrupt as they were, still used Ukrainian resources for Ukrainians, as opposed now to the whims of the IMF and corporations.
97 540i6 ACS - 2016-present
South is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 05:59 PM   #123
PinkieMoscow
Jumped up G'd up.

Hey South. Kinda silly to bring this thread up using media sources. Unfortunately you can't trust any news sources, only what the people on the ground say (and that is also questionable). I was born in Moldova, parents are Soviet (Luhansk and Donbass to be exact) my wife is a Uki here for 6 years. We have close family ties on all sides of this conflict. The only thing I can say is that Western Media is 15-20% accurate on this and RT and friends 25% or so. All in all nonsensical analysis and reporting on both sides.
PinkieMoscow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 07:21 PM   #124
South
4th Gear Member

People who say things like that, that nothing can be trusted, are too lazy to figure things out. Citing news sources is one way I can communicate, would you prefer Oliver Stone documentaries or movies? Perhaps Noam Chomsky or Chris Hedges articles? Probably names that mean nothing to you.

You put up your personal resume. Well heres mine. Im someone who since very early in his life became politically conscious, traveled to over 20 countries, even lived in places like China for 2 years. And my parents are both educated and from former Yugoslavia. Oh did I mention I also studied in university for 4 years and have a degree in psci? To say understanding the world is a passion of mine is an understatement to those who know me.

Everything in this thread I argued I stand by.
Today almost 2 years on since maiden, Ukraine is a failed state living off of IMF loans while pieces of its industry and resources are sold to the highest western corporate bidder, its citizens are facing cutbacks in all social spheres. Its "democratic" government is as corrupt if not more than the previous one. It is fascist and has cracked down on all opposition voices. It is a warmonger.

Minsk II agreement is still not implemented. Notably article 11:

"Constitutional reform in Ukraine, with a new constitution to come into effect by the end of 2015, the key element of which is decentralisation (taking into account peculiarities of particular districts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts, agreed with representatives of these districts), and also approval of permanent legislation on the special status of particular districts of Donetsk and Luhansk oblasts in accordance with the measures spelt out in the attached footnote,[note 1] by the end of 2015."

Meanwhile everything is Russia's fault.

And we can knit pick everything that has happened in Ukraine to see who is really the bad guy. A lot of this thread was that knit picking. But realize you need to see the big picture of this. This isn't an isolated development. I see this alongside the other "color revolutions" in eastern Europe and the "arab spring" in the middle east. The expansion of NATO and development of a missile defense shield in Europe and Asia aimed at neutralizing Mutually Assured Destruction, and the weaponization of space.

This is the main reason I am for Trump. I don't care if American policy becomes racists and builds walls. I care about stopping American imperialism and Trump is by far the safer bet than Hillary who called all her opponents Russian agents.

The western main stream media spends maybe 10x more than RT, if not more, and RT on the other hand has it budget split into a Spanish, Arabic, English and soon to be French channel. Basically governments who say RT is "fake news" or propaganda are pretty much saying that the "truth" tellers aka MSM are losing the information war. Does that make sense? More money + the truth and your still afraid of RTs "fake news". The math doesn't add up.

Here's a recent Canadian Journalist talking about MSM coverage regarding Syria.

Old 12-22-2016, 03:32 PM   #125
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Send a message via AIM to BMW_7 Send a message via MSN to BMW_7
Been living in Kiev, Ukraine for almost 3 years now. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask.

Some of the headlines lately:
  • As of today Avdiivka and Sverdlovsk in South East Ukraine are being attacked by Russian forces. Check out the live map of the fighting & occupied areas: http://liveuamap.com
  • Our largest bank was taken over by the NBU (national bank of Ukraine), it's a government bailout to stabilize operations (the bank is almost $5.5 billion in the hole)
  • Ukrainian Parliament just passed the 2017 budget with no issues. NBU expects $1.7 billion tranche from IMF in January 2017.
  • Ukraine expects to get visa free travel with Europe around February 2017 I believe. There is the question of Holland ratifying the agreement which they promised to do for January.
  • Ukraine expects to continue to put pressure on Russia politically, sometimes in questionable ways. A Ukrainian District Court approved an investigation into Putin's residence today. You'll probably not read this in Russian media. Source: here.
  • In the near future, the war is expected to last. Ukraine is beefing up its armed forces and that's where a lot of growth will happen in 2017. The economy itself is not expected to grow that much. However there are a lot of free trade agreements are being worked on as we speak including the Canada-Ukraine Free trade agreement

Last edited by BMW_7; 12-22-2016 at 03:56 PM.
BMW_7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2016, 05:19 AM   #126
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkieMoscow View Post
Hey South. Kinda silly to bring this thread up using media sources. Unfortunately you can't trust any news sources, only what the people on the ground say (and that is also questionable). I was born in Moldova, parents are Soviet (Luhansk and Donbass to be exact) my wife is a Uki here for 6 years. We have close family ties on all sides of this conflict. The only thing I can say is that Western Media is 15-20% accurate on this and RT and friends 25% or so. All in all nonsensical analysis and reporting on both sides.
Let's look at facts, Fact 1: Russia is occupying Crimea and DNR, LNR (separatist republics).

Fact 2: Ukraine will never want to negotiate with the separatist republics and people occupying Crimea. To do this would be Ukraine's political suicide. This course is already set for many years ahead, regardless of who is elected to govern Ukraine.

Fact 3: Europe, US is not involved as much as you think - they are trying to be mediators, and their position isn't always advantageous to Ukraine. But Ukraine relies on their political support. One example of this is when Merkel or Hollande, I am not sure, tried to get Ukraine to negotiate with separatists during Minsk II. This is absolutely unacceptable to Ukraine, see Fact 2.

Besides, Ukraine has a lot on their plate right now. They're not only looking out to the world to find new markets, forge partnerships and import products.

Ukraine is also trying to push forward lawsuits against Russia for various offences in the International Criminal Courts, the Hague and Stockholm Court of Arbitration to name a few. This is where the "principle", not the "goal" counts. Even if Ukraine loses such a case, the fact that these international courts hear them out and offer a debate is enough to give Ukraine a massive boost in legitimacy.

The Kerch bridge that Russia plans to build to Crimea is one such issue. It could provide Ukraine another leg to stand on - in its political battle against Russia. According to international law, Russia needs permission and a dialogue with Ukraine to build a bridge to Ukraine's territory, being Crimea.

I guess the other big issue for Ukraine is Trump, but, best case scenario, America's involvement will stay the same as it did in the last 2 years. I personally, living here have not seen much American involvement in Ukraine. I've seen way more Canadian involvement and organizations here - despite America having 15x the size of Canada's economy. And that's saying something.

Last edited by BMW_7; 12-23-2016 at 10:13 AM.
Old 12-23-2016, 06:39 PM   #127
South
4th Gear Member

well gentlemen there you have it.
Old 01-11-2017, 11:05 AM   #128
BMW_7
Econobimmer Racing

What do you guys think of Chrystia Freeland, a Canadian with Ukrainian heritage, who lived in Kiev and Moscow, who helped barter the Canada-Ukraine Free Trade Agreement and who is a vocal critic of Putin and is on Putin's sanction list - being appointed Canada's foreign minister?

I think it's a huge signal to Putin that Canada remains opposed to his government and actions.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: