Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-31-2008, 12:42 PM   #1
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

DDM ordering questions

Hey guys, first I wanna say how sweet it is that i found out about DDM through this site and i would have spent a forturne getting M3 bits in other ways so cudo's

My questions are as follows:

- its coming to Nova Scotia, so am I better off with $74.93 USPS shipping, or the free Fedex, I've been told the brokerage fees will rape me heavily if i go through fedex.

- the E36 m3 front bumper has the optional underpaneling for 100$, is this extreamly needed? have people here gone without? what is the purpose of it, and would you guys recommend I get that with it, or save the monies for paint.

-does the DDM M3 bumper come with all the attachments I.E. the grill, the panels etc. Also, instead of the front plate, is there not a stock delete panel that has "B M W" on it for the M3 front, and will it snap into this bumper?

Thanks a lot guys, this stuff is all going on my 94 325is with a fresh re-spray.

Cheers
Old 03-31-2008, 01:35 PM   #2
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

I don't think the fedex is free ... it will get calculated later, and will likely be about the same. Just guessing though ... better phone them!
Old 03-31-2008, 03:12 PM   #3
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
I don't think the fedex is free ... it will get calculated later, and will likely be about the same. Just guessing though ... better phone them!
on the checkout page it lists the shipping costs, fedex is $0, and USPS is $74.93, from what i have heard going through USPS is generally cheaper due to the lack of brokerage fee's. If the Fedex is actually the same i would definitly go with USPS.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:24 PM   #4
Boss17
6th Gear Member

I just got my lights in and shipping was $70.49 and when fedex got here, i had to pay an extra $41.59 for brokerage and all that shit.
1990 Ford Probe Turbo- SOLD
Boss17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 03:38 PM   #5
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

Yea I saw those in your thread, they look great! I really wish i knew what kinda of headlights are in my car, they are H4 with angel eyes. . and the angel eyes have kicked the bucket, probably need new led's but who knows.

And the extra 40$ is exactly what i was talking about, so if you did have to pay for fedex then its clearly the better idea to go with USPS and avoid those pesky brokerage fees.

Does anyone know anything else about the M3 bumpers? I checked more on the site and saw that it comes with all the panels .. . so my only questions are with the underpaneling and the "BMW" front bumbp strip intead of the plate one.

Any help appreciated guys,

Cheers
Old 03-31-2008, 03:41 PM   #6
Soldo
6th Gear Member

I'd take the underpannel, i don't have one right now, but am searching for one. It gives the underbody that extra little protection (at least till the under panel falls off).

As for the bumpers, i BELIEVE they include everything with the exception of the front lip, but i could be wrong. R_Jay on this board just recently bought front and rear bumpers from DDM, and he posted the pics of it installed on his car. Check those out.
Old 03-31-2008, 03:54 PM   #7
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

Hey thanks a lot, good info, his pics do have a lower lip on it, so I'll assume it comes with one.
I am really leaning towards getting the JTD, you get it at a discount price wheyou get it with the bumper for 100$ as opposed to 150$ which is reason enough to get it in my view if it really should have it.

Do you guys know what I mean by the "B M W" front bump strip that replaces the plate one?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gregus View Post
Do you guys know what I mean by the "B M W" front bump strip that replaces the plate one?
Yes, that should work. Illegal in Ontario without front plate though ... is it cool in NS?
Old 03-31-2008, 04:58 PM   #9
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
Yes, that should work. Illegal in Ontario without front plate though ... is it cool in NS?
Suuuuuure is!! No front plates in NS what-so-ever. I could run a Euro plate if i really wanted to, but I think the BMW front bump plate would be far cleaner.

Now the big question is do I wait until i find out if my liscense is suspended longer, or do I order and just see what happens
(got stopped moving a car with my liscense suspended and have to go to court to see my fate)
Old 03-31-2008, 05:14 PM   #10
tig
4th Gear Member

i would try calling them to see if they can maybe put down a lower cost for the items on paper when the declare it for customs or just sent it as a gift so u dont get hit so hard for customs, i recently got brembo rotors and brake pads from a vendor in the states off a bimmerforums group buy and he lowered the cost of the rotors and pads to only like $120 so i only paid $57 customs. and also got m3 mirrors off a different US vendor he wrote down that it was a gift so i didnt pay customs just some $12 fee, call DDM and see if they can do something like that for u "
and if they say they can then let me know cuz that means i gotta order a bunch of shit from them too lol
tig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2008, 05:30 PM   #11
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

haha okay, and while I'm at it I'll ask them if they have a discount code I can use
Old 04-01-2008, 10:02 AM   #12
Lower_Level
No-Budget Enthusiast

Definately call DDM if you want to place an order. Their website is screwed when it comes to Canadian orders. And if I'm not mistaken they will only ship certain items with Fedex Economy. They will quote you a price & then when they get charged; they will normally adjust the shipping costs then.

'95 325is - //M Body - Shark Injected - Sport Pkg - Depo's with HID's
Lower_Level is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #13
keke_167
2nd Gear Member

call DDM to place an order. i bought the 175 package with tails, clear corners and blakcout grills and had them shipped as one package for 100 using fedex and only paid 29 in taxes and brokerage. The trick was i told them to declare it at $150. get them preinstalled tho unless u want to be a handyman. you will need at least $10 worth of material if u dont have them already, black silicone and white to glue the angel eyes. good luck
keke_167 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:46 PM   #14
morpheus
2nd Gear Member

I just got my m3 bumper from DDM and it comes with everything including the front lip. It also looks really good. Many thanks to Sthomas for going to pick the bumpers up in the states and then mine to me.
morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 06:47 PM   #15
Gregus
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by morpheus View Post
I just got my m3 bumper from DDM and it comes with everything including the front lip. It also looks really good. Many thanks to Sthomas for going to pick the bumpers up in the states and then mine to me.

Hows the quality?? it is fibreglass flimsy or does it feel sturdy? thanks for all this info guys

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: