Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-01-2008, 08:24 PM   #16
SickFinga

345rwhp and I as well can't spin tires in second gear.
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 02:49 AM   #17
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
i said i could spin tires into second gear *in the wet). if you can't then your car sucks, powershift into 2, even with my 235 FK452's + lsd they'll spin. on completly dry pavement, definatly a chirp, but it wont spin out.
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 10:52 PM   #18
Pop-o-matic
2nd Gear Member

Ha ha Will you guys calm down with the spinning in 2dn already! I didn't mean to start this. I guess we can be kinda neurotic sometimes when it comes to how our beloved performs. Sometimes I feel the car isn't exactly the same from one day to another - and this is most likely just in my head...
Seriously, I guess that for a car that weighs 3100lbs and that has 193bhp/205ft.lb on paper, it pulls reasonably hard. And I might add that it pulls hard enough to believe that, given an extra dosage of torque, it could be possibly spin those worn 225 ContiSport! (they're kind of a harder compound). But if you guys say that even a M3 can't do that, then it would be pure delusion.
An inline 6 will always be torquey by design, even without manipulating the admission valve timing with vanos. However, I still can't feel any difference when I disconnect it, so like Flav_Cool said, I should just dyno it and I'll know for sure. But the way I know myself, I'll probably order some vanos seals, and crack the vanos open just to stick my nose in it. I like to tinker.

Pop

Last edited by Pop-o-matic; 03-04-2008 at 10:57 PM.
Pop-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2008, 12:38 AM   #19
Red_Sled
1st Gear Newbie

my 318 makes 600 hp in the snow i spin 5th
Red_Sled is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 02:19 AM   #20
kerrynzl
1st Gear Newbie

Hey I just read this thread.
I had the same problem [ absolutely flat in the mid range ]
The car went good when cold , after a couple of miles it started to go flat [ next day same thing ] checked the vanos all good.
It turned out to be the Cam Position Sensor [ behind the vanos solenoid ] was starting to go faulty. I bolted a used unit in [ to test ] It's a different animal now
Cheers from Down under.....Kerry
kerrynzl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 PM   #21
Pop-o-matic
2nd Gear Member

Interesting. I dont have one handy to test though. I kinda gave up on the whole vanos issue when the dealership said it was $255 just for the vanos solenoid so I didn't dare check the cost of a whole vanos unit. I'll try to investigate that cam pos sensor though. Thanks.
Pop-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: