Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-22-2018, 09:58 AM   #16
jabela
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
I think selling can be a nightmare and not profitable. When I traded in my beater pontiac, I came over the deal that included super clean example and full two years of BMW factory warranty. Have I tried to sell my car, I would have missed the deal and wasted my time. And the dealer offered a brand new F30 330I for a week WHILE my car gets ready. That one week rental is easly 1K if I had to pay. The funny thing is, the dealer was not pushy to get their car back, but I did not wanna mess around too much with 70K dollar car. Now I know his trade was much higher in value, but it can play out similarly.

Also it all comes down to what kind of coin are ya making. I think if you are making 6 digits, you should not worry. Enjoy the new car.
It can be. It depends on your timing and cash flow. As with most things, if you're not in a rush you can get a better deal, but that may not be an option for some people. Last car I bought, I spent 6 months casually looking around, and could afford to hold onto the first car while it was being sold.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.maisonapothecare.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 12:36 PM   #17
bmw.ae
Parkview

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
I think selling can be a nightmare and not profitable. When I traded in my beater pontiac, I came over the deal that included super clean example and full two years of BMW factory warranty. Have I tried to sell my car, I would have missed the deal and wasted my time. And the dealer offered a brand new F30 330I for a week WHILE my car gets ready. That one week rental is easly 1K if I had to pay. The funny thing is, the dealer was not pushy to get their car back, but I did not wanna mess around too much with 70K dollar car. Now I know his trade was much higher in value, but it can play out similarly.

Also it all comes down to what kind of coin are ya making. I think if you are making 6 digits, you should not worry. Enjoy the new car.
Agreed!
1994 E36 320i sedan - RIP
bmw.ae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 01:32 PM   #18
jabela
6th Gear Member

People with money stay rich by saving it (but also not wasting their time for pennies). It's a balance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett

www.maisonapothecare.ca
Old 01-23-2018, 01:57 PM   #19
dbworld4k

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
People with money stay rich by saving it (but also not wasting their time for pennies). It's a balance.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Warren_Buffett
Yup. I know some decently well off individuals in my friends and family, yet none of them has never traded in a car. Always sold private for thousands more and then buy smart with lightly used cars instead. Rinse and repeat.

To each their own, I suppose we should thank people taking the massive deprecation hits for the rest of us, lol.

I mean sure, I wasn't the first to fart in my M3's seat but that privelege isn't worth tens of thousands to me, personally.

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2018, 02:00 PM   #20
jabela
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
Yup. I know some decently well off individuals in my friends and family, yet none of them has never traded in a car. Always sold private for thousands more and then buy smart with lightly used cars instead. Rinse and repeat.

To each their own, I suppose we should thank people taking the massive deprecation hits for the rest of us, lol.

I mean sure, I wasn't the first to fart in my M3's seat but that privelege isn't worth tens of thousands to me, personally.
Yep.. I wasn't my wife's first and she wasn't mine either... we got over it

www.maisonapothecare.ca
Old 01-24-2018, 01:18 AM   #21
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post

I was never in a situation to trade in a pricey car where I would lose decent amount of money. However, when I talk to some other people, these are some feed backs they bring up. There are quite a few buyers out there that will claim they want to bring the car in for inspection to "their mechanic". Usually what end ups taking place, that mechanic will invent issues just to bring the price down where selling becomes pointless for the seller. So if you are making a decent wage, a few blows can easy eat up the difference. Having said that, people who get top dollars for their cars by selling privately, I suspect that they have developed some skill to get rid of the tire kickers and all sorts of scammers. I hope maybe you can shed more light how to sell it where you would deal with less time wasters lol.
lvan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: