Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 PM   #1
fitter527
hates chrome

Tdotperformance?

Anyone order from them?
fitter527 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2016, 08:05 PM   #2
fitter527
hates chrome

Reason i am asking is i placed an order online last Friday for rotors and pads.Thought I found a Canadian company with good prices.
Monday they withdrew the money from my account.Then sent me an email saying they cannot confirm if the rotors will fit my vehicle because of "directional or cooling vanes" and If I did not not have these vanes already fitted on my vehicle they would not work.They said they called EBC and they could not confirm 100% if they would fit.told me they would ship them if I wanted but would not offer me a return poilcy if they did not fit.again wtf.
So i call tdotperformance on Tuesday and they tell me to call EBC myself to see if the rotors will work?wtf.
Is it not the company's job to do their own due diligence if they are selling the product?
Old 09-28-2016, 10:18 PM   #3
jabela
6th Gear Member

Are they selling the parts as is? Or did they claim it would fit your vehicle? I never fully trust any parts shops, so I usually try to verify fitment with OEM anyhow. Just look up the part number on EBC site and see if they say it fits.

Anyhow, cooling vanes in the rotor won't affect fitment. Only the exterior dimensions of the rotor matter.

2002 E46 325ci // 5spd // ISC N1 Coilovers
www.maisonapothecare.ca
jabela is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2016, 07:17 PM   #4
fitter527
hates chrome

Quote:
Originally Posted by jabela View Post
Are they selling the parts as is? Or did they claim it would fit your vehicle? I never fully trust any parts shops, so I usually try to verify fitment with OEM anyhow. Just look up the part number on EBC site and see if they say it fits.

Anyhow, cooling vanes in the rotor won't affect fitment. Only the exterior dimensions of the rotor matter.
They were not listed as is.i selected my vehicle from the lists provided and selected the parts from their regular list.there wasnt any disclaimers or warnings about them not firltting my vehicle.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:36 PM   #5
jabela
6th Gear Member

Sounds like you should call EBC for fitment or just ask them to refund your money.

www.maisonapothecare.ca
Old 10-24-2016, 10:07 AM   #6
Blades
Your opinion is to long

They are overpriced .. I find parts cheaper at one of the following places (even after shipping)

http://autopartsway.ca
http://www.pelicanparts.com/
https://www.ecstuning.com

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:31 PM   #7
jabela
6th Gear Member

These spam bots are getting dumber.

www.maisonapothecare.ca
Old 10-26-2016, 09:15 AM   #8
nikijack
2nd Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to nikijack Send a message via Yahoo to nikijack
I had a similar situation. I ordered the part, they took the money, then they told me it wasn't in stock. I did get my money back.
Jack
nikijack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2016, 09:47 AM   #9
the bachelor
2nd Gear Member

I have called them a couple times during the day and I get a voicemail that sounds like a kid in his moms basement. I reached them once and they were not that helpful on the phone. I would go elsewhere.
Old 12-19-2017, 09:45 PM   #10
fitter527
hates chrome

I did end up ordering the parts after contacting EBC myself.
Fast forward 11 months later.I started having vibration issues under normal braking.i called tdotperformance and explained what was happening.i was told that in order to replace the pads and rotors under warranty i would have to remove and ship them to undergo an inspection to see if they warranted replacement?this would leave my car undrivable.
The second option was to purchase another set,wait for them to be delivered,remove the faulty set and replace with new set,ship old rotors and pads back to them for inspection and hope they would be warrantied.
I didnt like either of those options so i contacted EBC directly and was told to fill out the warranty claim form on their website.did that and waited for a response.3 days later i got home from work and there was a package containing the new brakes and pads.
I called EBC again and asked about returning the old pads and rotors and was told to discard them.he said if there were any other problems to contact them directly and they would make sure I was satisfied.
By the way the brakes are amazing.
Old 12-19-2017, 10:33 PM   #11
jabela
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitter527 View Post
I did end up ordering the parts after contacting EBC myself.
Fast forward 11 months later.I started having vibration issues under normal braking.i called tdotperformance and explained what was happening.i was told that in order to replace the pads and rotors under warranty i would have to remove and ship them to undergo an inspection to see if they warranted replacement?this would leave my car undrivable.
The second option was to purchase another set,wait for them to be delivered,remove the faulty set and replace with new set,ship old rotors and pads back to them for inspection and hope they would be warrantied.
I didnt like either of those options so i contacted EBC directly and was told to fill out the warranty claim form on their website.did that and waited for a response.3 days later i got home from work and there was a package containing the new brakes and pads.
I called EBC again and asked about returning the old pads and rotors and was told to discard them.he said if there were any other problems to contact them directly and they would make sure I was satisfied.
By the way the brakes are amazing.
Top notch service from EBC. Glad it worked out for you and thanks for the update. I'm running EBC pads right now.

www.maisonapothecare.ca
Old 12-20-2017, 10:43 AM   #12
doogee
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I'm running EBC pads right now.
Enjoy ruining your rotors with pad deposits. Those pads are JUNK!

I'd remove them. I went through hell and a lot of money replacing rotors before I discovered it was the EBC pads. Turns out it's a common issue and pretty well reported online.

I've enjoyed using PFC's. Also Stoptechs aren't bad.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:52 AM   #13
jabela
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Enjoy ruining your rotors with pad deposits. Those pads are JUNK!

I'd remove them. I went through hell and a lot of money replacing rotors before I discovered it was the EBC pads. Turns out it's a common issue and pretty well reported online.

I've enjoyed using PFC's. Also Stoptechs aren't bad.
I've been using this set of EBC Yellows for 2 years now for street only. No issues. Always use Brembo or Centric blank rotors.
Previously I've used various Hawk pads (HP+, DTC60 for track only) with good results, but I've also used Axxis Ultimates.

www.maisonapothecare.ca
Old 12-20-2017, 10:53 AM   #14
doogee
6th Gear Member

Quote:
I've been using this set of EBC Yellows for 2 years now for street only. No issues. Always use Brembo or Centric blank rotors.
Previously I've used various Hawk pads (HP+, DTC60 for track only) with good results, but I've also used Axxis Ultimates.
Ah perhaps the Yellows are okay! I was on the Reds.

Yellow seems a bit aggressive for the street no? I couldn't imagine driving around with my track pads on the street.

Dakar M3 Track Build Thread
doogee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #15
jabela
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by doogee View Post
Ah perhaps the Yellows are okay! I was on the Reds.
Maybe. Never tried the EBC red ceramics. I did really like the Axxis Ultimate ceramics. Great pad with little dust.

www.maisonapothecare.ca

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: