Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-28-2004, 06:42 PM   #1
TheMadChigga
6th Gear Member

Send a message via ICQ to TheMadChigga
car history check up with dealers.

I've found a decent 528i, but on carfax it said the car was originated from Saint-Esprit, QC, and had lease & commercial registration in its history, problem is I really don't know how many owners it has gone thru, even thou it has no lemon or recall history.

is it possible for me to go to BMW dealer and see if they can check the car's service history?? I mean it seems only logical that BMW would built their history network accessable thru out dealers right?
TheMadChigga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:21 PM   #2
EstorilM3
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMadChigga
I've found a decent 528i, but on carfax it said the car was originated from Saint-Esprit, QC, and had lease & commercial registration in its history, problem is I really don't know how many owners it has gone thru, even thou it has no lemon or recall history.

is it possible for me to go to BMW dealer and see if they can check the car's service history?? I mean it seems only logical that BMW would built their history network accessable thru out dealers right?
I believe BMW dealers are able to determine the service history of the car while it is under warranty. They normally go through BMW of Canada to find out if the vehicle has had oil changes as required, for example.
Once the vehicle's warranty expires, then there is really no way to find out its maintenance.
Now, would your local dealer just give you the service records, that's highly doubtfull.
Get the VIN and call BMW of CDN Customer Service to see if they can help you further.
EstorilM3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 07:29 PM   #3
TheMadChigga
6th Gear Member

good call, I got the VIN #, but just the fact it was register in Quebec makes me having doubts, not that I don't trust Quebecois, just I've seen some serious mess'd up used cars came from Quebec, and this car's registration was re-new in 2003 in Quebec.
Old 12-28-2004, 07:38 PM   #4
jeffrie
Addict

If it was saftied in 2003 your in luck, Qubec safties are retarded hard to pass compared to Ontario, so your car will be reletivly trouble free if it just passed, Unfortunatly it geographic location (fairly english too) uses alot of salt similar to the Ottawa/Qubec region, so rust may happen sooner then you would normaly expect.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
jeffrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2004, 11:58 PM   #5
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Many of the cars from Quebec that make there way here have rolled back odometers...because the lack of "history"...Many get sold at auction, lots of accident cars too (harder to trace) and in the BEST case the car would have been exposed to Quebec winters (LOTS of salt!!!)...So unless you have a LOT of information on the car (1 owner all service records, garage kept) i would stay away from "out of province" cars...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E28 E34 E39 E60 E61 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4 F30 F32

Etobicoke location now open!!!!

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
New inventory daily. 70+ cars in stock!
Bimmer Heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2004, 01:35 AM   #6
jeffrie
Addict

^^^^ wow that just seems racist.
Rolled back odometers fraud would be the same for every province or state or country.
Being an Ontario bought car for a Ontario history check (as opposed to a Qubec car) helps in no way at protecting yourself against cars that have been rolled back. Dealers are able to talk to each other depite what province their in. The only info that is protected is accedents while in someones name. All you have to do is call a Qubec Insurence agent and they will tell you if it's been in a crash by the vin, Ontario's process is no different just their coverages and policies are. As for the rust, very true Qubec uses tonns of salt and cars their don't last as long becuase of this.

Current Mods....X-Brace, Stromung Cat Back Exhaust, 17/225/45 M3 Replicas, HotBits Adjustable Coil Overs, 40% LSD 3:91 Diff, E30 Gearbox, Boosted.
Old 12-29-2004, 01:49 AM   #7
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrie
^^^^ wow that just seems racist.
Rolled back odometers fraud would be the same for every province or state or country.
Being an Ontario bought car for a Ontario history check (as opposed to a Qubec car) helps in no way at protecting yourself against cars that have been rolled back. Dealers are able to talk to each other depite what province their in. The only info that is protected is accedents while in someones name. All you have to do is call a Qubec Insurence agent and they will tell you if it's been in a crash by the vin, Ontario's process is no different just their coverages and policies are. As for the rust, very true Qubec uses tonns of salt and cars their don't last as long becuase of this.

Not racist just a fact! Check the stats! And there is a very reasonable explenation for it; Quebec is a BIG province, with a lot of population, very close to Ontario...so much easyer to "traffic" cars here then BC lets say! Same goes to the "export" of cars from Ontario...
Most models E30 E36 E46 E90 E92 E93 E28 E34 E39 E60 E61 E32 E38 E65 E66 X3 X5 M3 M5 Z4 F30 F32

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 12-29-2004, 02:14 AM   #8
jeffrie
Addict

Ohh so cars from any other province or country would fall under this if population was high enough, Rumor not Fact but likly.
Theoreticaly you could take any leagaly regestered car switch it to another province say what ever mialge you want then switch it back say it has 10 clicks disrupting it's "lagility" just for shit's & giggles and then roll back your odometer and it would be supposibly leagal milage (since we all know the regestration clerks always check out the car before re-regestering it). Sounds alot like how the govenment works I can't argue that.

Old 12-29-2004, 02:23 AM   #9
Bimmer Heaven
MaXsponsor

[QUOTE=jeffrie]Ohh so cars from any other province or country would fall under this if population was high enough, Rumor not Fact but likly.

No...facts are that its easyer to sell a car in a city with a 1.000.000 population then a small city of lets say 5000...So most of the "trading" goes on between large capitals, like Toronto and Montreal...because of the size of the market, and the geographical location....

Call 11-8PM 416 821-2578
Old 12-29-2004, 02:40 AM   #10
TheMadChigga
6th Gear Member

jeffrie, I agree with Eurostyle, its lot harder to track down Quebec car's true history and a lot of them are really mess'd up.
Old 12-29-2004, 02:48 AM   #11
jeffrie
Addict

All are intitled to their oppinion. I do not claim to know how all used cars networks work.
But with that logic I could come up with notions that say any used m3 sold in Vancouver or Montreal are really Eropec (major harbours controlled by bikers) cause it is possible that it was stolen from Europe had their vins re-regestered here so that it would be hard to trace and vise-versa. Can come up with way more rumors but none have been caught yet so till then it's not a fact.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: